GTA AM Tour - Match Play 2017

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTA AM Tour - Match Play 2017

Hi all:

To provide GTA AM Tour players with a Match Play format competition that provides a fun experience combining all of the unique competitive aspects of Match Play, while also providing an opportunity for players from mixed flights to compete against each other in a NET format. The first four rounds of the competition will be contested virtually and in combination with designated, regularly scheduled tour events. The fifth round will include the four finalists that will play in actual head to head competition to determine seating for the Championship and Consolation matches. The competition will conclude with the completion of the head to head Championship & Consolation matches determining 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th places.

The NET format will see all players placed in to a single pool from which the brackets will be filled in via Blind Draw. This will create many cross flight matches and allow players from different flights to compete against each other. The NET format will ensure a level playing field by using course specific handicaps for each player and adjustments for different tee decks.

The final 4 will play their matches live at Oviinbyrd. Golf and lunch included for the final 4. The final 16 will be invited to play.

For more information, and to sign up, please visit https://gtaamtour.com/virtual-match-play

Good luck!!

www.gtaamtour.com

Re: GTA AM Tour - Match Play 2017

Hi All

Has anyone here played on the GTA AM Tour? If so what was the experience like. I am a mid to high handicapper and would love to see if anyone with similar handicap has played on the tour and what the experience was like.

Thanks

Comment

Check this link out, also if you search GTAAM, you will find lots of info on past years.
      M1 8.5* Aldila Rouge
      Titleist 915 15* Speeder 757
      M1 18* Speeder 757
      Titleist AP2
      Vokey TVD 50, 54, 58
      Newport 2
      PROV1X

Comment

The tour is very well run. A completely different feel from any corporate tournament. You get the sense you’re dealing with a professional group the moment you drive up into the course… many of which are a treat to play at any time but even more so when it counts. 

They flight the tournament so you’re grouped with people in your handicap range. Being a mid-high handicap player myself, it wasn’t intimidating at all playing with the others outside of the nervousness of playing in a real golf tournament.

I’d say the people I’ve played with have all been great partners with the balance of competitiveness and having fun being on par with each other. I played in one tournament a couple years ago and in about 4 or 5 last year. This year I’m aiming for at least 5. Also recommend at least one “Major” tournament as it’s an aggregate 2 round score which give a bit more or a tournament feel as well. Every stroke counts.

Their website is a good resource of information on how things run so you may want to look there as well.

Comment

Lots of wait lists for the tournaments now I may be out of luck with the event I was looking to play in

Comment

Pop your name down on the wait lists. Spots often open up a few weeks ahead of the event once people know their other commitments and the fee is about to be charged. However, some courses will be so popular that they may stay full (e.g. Paintbrush).

Comment

Originally posted by jmcnaughton View Post
              Pop your name down on the wait lists. Spots often open up a few weeks ahead of the event once people know their other commitments and the fee is about to be charged. However, some courses will be so popular that they may stay full (e.g. Paintbrush).
              Yes, that is definitely the recommended approach from the Tour management. With a volatile and changing schedule, I don't follow it just in case I end up forgetting and winding up with an overcharge for no shows

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X