X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TXG - My Experience Today

Nice results.

So now I'm thinking....

What if I want a shaft upgrade for my driver?

Can TXG (or MG, or whoever) put some sort of adaptor into my (driver) head so I could try a bunch of different shafts?

And if nothing is better, I guess they could put the existing shaft back?

I'd love to go the whole way, but I don't have a game or budget that warrants it - but a properly fit shaft just might deliver some real gains.

My swing isn't great or repeatable. My driver used to be short but reliably in the fairway, now it's 1/3 fairway, 1/3 pull hook and 1/3 high push. Sigh...
    "Confusion" will be my epitaph
    ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post
      So the 915 was 12 yards shorter in carry but 24 yards straighter? IMO, the increase in distance is is not worth the big loss in accuracy. You will hit one club more with the Titleist. That said, I have found the 915 to be consistently shorter than the Epic and M1/M2 in cusotmer fittings.
      Compare the dispersion in post 40 above. The Epic had tighter dispersion, averaged over 9 shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
        Nice results.

So now I'm thinking....

What if I want a shaft upgrade for my driver?

Can TXG (or MG, or whoever) put some sort of adaptor into my (driver) head so I could try a bunch of different shafts?

And if nothing is better, I guess they could put the existing shaft back?

I'd love to go the whole way, but I don't have a game or budget that warrants it - but a properly fit shaft just might deliver some real gains.

My swing isn't great or repeatable. My driver used to be short but reliably in the fairway, now it's 1/3 fairway, 1/3 pull hook and 1/3 high push. Sigh...
        All depends on what you are currently gaming. I know I've had this thought in the past but they really don't do a fitting that way. I know MG couldn't really do an old driver fitting for me. Long story. The shaft was wrong for me so they did change it but you can't really go through a driver fitting with your old club. Unless the adaptor on the head is still currently in use. Like the m1 2016/2016. As well as with the current and past gen titliest. But for me callway had changed the optifit system

Comment

Did you buy the Epic? Reviewing my numbers, I'm seriously considering it.

Comment

Originally posted by smc66 View Post
            Compare the dispersion in post 40 above. The Epic had tighter dispersion, averaged over 9 shots.

True as I only looked at the one chart.
            In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
            Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
            TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
            TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
            PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
            TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
            Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
            TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

That spin is scary low. I wouldn't want sub 2000

Also whatever software that is (that's not the gcquad) is really valuing low spin.

200-300 spin isn't a huge deal. Typically it's only 1-2 yards difference. But low spin will make balls go further offline.

FlightScope's Trajectory Optimizer is a golf ball flight trajectory program. The program will plot the flight of the ball in real time after the user's input of the initial launch conditions of the golf ball. Based on scientific algorithms, FlightScope's Trajectory Optimizer will help you find your optimal ball flight trajectory to add distance to your golf shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post
                That spin is scary low. I wouldn't want sub 2000
                I would have thought so too. A little research shows the lower end of spin depends on both ballspeed and launch angle, afaik.

Also whatever software that is (that's not the gcquad) is really valuing low spin.
                Fitting data is from a GCQuad.
                It's Foresight's software: http://performance.foresightsports.com.

200-300 spin isn't a huge deal. Typically it's only 1-2 yards difference. But low spin will make balls go further offline.
                http://flightscope.com/products/trajectory-optimizer/
                Plugging those numbers into your flightscope link, total yardage is only 0.3 yards different (271.6 flightscope vs 271.3 foresight)

Comment

Originally posted by P25 View Post
                  Did you buy the Epic? Reviewing my numbers, I'm seriously considering it.
                  Yes I did. At my age (51), I need all the help I can get

Comment

These numbers are amazing
                    I have heard the Epic is epic
                    I am very tempted to invest a 100 bucks for a driver fitting
                    OR
                    I can wait until the Epic is replaced by something else and the price drops....

Comment

Thats the first thing i noticed in post 1, the Epic had a way better dispersion which for me would have been the deciding factor, especially when the numbers were similar excluding the rare miss hit.
                      In the bag:
                      -TaylorMade R15 driver/ aldila nv 2kxv 65g x-stiff
                      -Cleveland Classic 3 Wood strong 14*
                      -TaylorMade Burner 2.0 5-PW irons
                      -Nike Vr 58, 54, 52 deg. wedge
                      -Custom milled putter from 303SS

Comment

Originally posted by Doba View Post
                        Thats the first thing i noticed in post 1, the Epic had a way better dispersion which for me would have been the deciding factor, especially when the numbers were similar excluding the rare miss hit.
                        We didn't fine tune the M1 until the end when dispersion tightened significantly.

Comment

I would have thought so too. A little research shows the lower end of spin depends on both ballspeed and launch angle, afaik.

Fitting data is from a GCQuad.
                          It's Foresight's software: http://performance.foresightsports.com.

Plugging those numbers into your flightscope link, total yardage is only 0.3 yards different (271.6 flightscope vs 271.3 foresight)

We never care about totals only carry.

Foresight is notorious for over inflating low spin. Prob it's only downside to the software.

Comment

Originally posted by P25 View Post
                            We didn't fine tune the M1 until the end when dispersion tightened significantly.
                            Cool, glad you have a great experience, now get out on the course and see how close those numbers actually measure up
                            In the bag:
                            -TaylorMade R15 driver/ aldila nv 2kxv 65g x-stiff
                            -Cleveland Classic 3 Wood strong 14*
                            -TaylorMade Burner 2.0 5-PW irons
                            -Nike Vr 58, 54, 52 deg. wedge
                            -Custom milled putter from 303SS

Comment

Originally posted by Doba View Post
                              Cool, glad you have a great experience, now get out on the course and see how close those numbers actually measure up
                              Already been.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X