What my TLT set looks like...

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What my TLT set looks like...

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post
    Just an update. Got in my 7th round ever with TLT. Yes I know I'm cart. Played Bantys Roost Today.

I just tied my all time low of 80. The last time I shot 80 was back in August and it was my only other time. But that 80 was due to lights out putting. (Think I had 26 to 27 putts only)

I can guarantee next season I will be shooting low 80s consistently and breaking 80.

I'm usually a low 90s to high 80s player before

***edit***
    I was also hitting every iron 10-20y further then I would in peak summer temps. (I was told that u can expect about 8-10y less when it's below 5C)
    Typically my 8iron was my 145y-150y carry. Yah was carrying it 160-170y easily.

Pw used to be my 110-120y was good for 130y easy every time. My contact was that crisp
    Well done Jason.

When can I start the winter lessons and how much do you charge.

Comment

Haha bud I should be taking lessons from you. Your tips from that one round have really helped my swing.

Comment

Just an update. Got in my 7th round ever with TLT. Yes I know I'm cart. Played Bantys Roost Today.

I just tied my all time low of 80. The last time I shot 80 was back in August and it was my only other time. But that 80 was due to lights out putting. (Think I had 26 to 27 putts only)

Today my 80 was pure ballstriking and short game.
        I had 33putts today to compare the two rounds.

I only hit 4fairways (driver wasn't going straight tons of hooks) yet I had a 9 GIR

My iron striking and ability to get up and down was impeccable. I think I messed up one 7 iron shot (fat as could be) and hit a few chips that were a touch to hit.

I can guarantee next season I will be shooting low 80s consistently and breaking 80.

***edit***
        I was also hitting every iron 10-20y further then I would in peak summer temps. (I was told that u can expect about 8-10y less when it's below 5C)

Pw used to be my 110-120y was good for 130y easy every time. My contact was that crisp
        Nice round and impressive results. A real TLT ambassador!
        WITB: clubs, balls, tees, Advil and a candlestick (just in case)

Comment

Today my 80 was pure ballstriking and short game.
          I had 33putts today to compare the two rounds.

I only hit 4fairways (driver wasn't going straight tons of hooks) yet I had a 9 GIR

My iron striking and ability to get up and down was impeccable. I think I messed up one 7 iron shot (fat as could be) and hit a few chips that were a touch to hit.

***edit***

Jason, that is just awesome to hear. I am a little surprised at your substantial gain of distance, but I guess that is what pure ball striking will do.

Just curious about your driver? Did we look at the specs on it and / or make any adjustments to it. Not in my shop so did not get a chance to look up your build. With the hooks happening on what was a very consistent day - it leads me to believe that this club is too upright and probably too long? If we can get the toe down by either an adjustment to the head (is it an adjustable head) or reducing the length then we should be able to get this dialed in as well.

I know I had seen talk in the past (here on the forum) about a driver fitting, and do know that I can help, so if this is the last correction to your set I would love to help get you on the fairway more often.
          Regards
          Dan

True Length Technology TM
          Awarded 'Best New Fitting Idea - 2007 AGCP'
          True Frequency Technology TM
          - Developer / Owner

Maltby Clubmaking Academy
          - Master
          Golf Clubmakers Association (GCA)
          - Advanced / Professional
          Professional Clubmakers Society (PCS)
          - Class 'A'

Comment

Yah you did look at my driver. U said it's actually pretty much perfect. "Ideally should be like 1/10of an inch shorter.

I was hitting smother/snap hooks.

I was driving the ball amazing the first 8 holes. But the back nine I was hitting snappers. I think I was getting stiff from the cold and getting out of sync and ball position crept up causing a flip.

Comment

I think I was getting stiff from the cold and getting out of sync and ball position crept up causing a flip.
              You probably stopped your turn through the ball which resulted in an all arms swing which brings tension and the snaps into play. Your miss is usually out to the right.

Comment

Took a trip out to see my long time buddy Dan today.
                Since I sold off my LL bending machine and my precision measuring guage , brought my back up set of Wishon 560 forged irons out to be TLT bent for me.

When TLT first came out I built myself a set at Series 3 ( not this set) but we decided that in the latest model Series 4 was the best. Dan adjusted all my heads as needed and I will complete the retrofit for length and frequency.

Cant wait to try these out. I know my previous TLT set was great , but as a club builder, back then I was trying everything and changing sets weekly almost back then so nothing stayed long
                "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
                  When TLT first came out I built myself a set at Series 3 ( not this set) but we decided that in the latest model Series 4 was the best. Dan adjusted all my heads as needed and I will complete the retrofit for length and frequency.

Series 4? Wrist to floor+- 33 inches?

Comment

Originally posted by Tintin View Post
                    Series 4? Wrist to floor+- 33 inches?
                    minus

Comment

minus
                      Swingweight adjusted or as is?

Comment

Originally posted by Tintin View Post
                        Swingweight adjusted or as is?
                        This was a frequency matched/MOI matched set I built way back .
                        I just had Dan just bend them for lie and made a few minor loft tweaks . He plugged the numbers and give me the corresponding length for the lie angles from the math model.

I will modify the club lengths ( its quite minor) as needed and adjust the head weights, as needed to return the frequency to my set slope. my original swingweights on these were in the D3.5 to D6.5 range

Comment

Took a trip out to see my long time buddy Dan today.
                          Since I sold off my LL bending machine and my precision measuring guage , brought my back up set of Wishon 560 forged irons out to be TLT bent for me.

Cant wait to try these out. I know my previous TLT set was great , but as a club builder, back then I was trying everything and changing sets weekly almost back then so nothing stayed long
                          Was certainly nice to see you again Pete. Hopefully this time we keep you fully on board with the TLT Series 4. A pleasure to work with a real nice forging - Wishon 560's

We set Pete's set with a nice flat lie -- starting at 57 lie in the 5 iron and going to 62 lie in his gap wedge - with all the lofts dialed in as well.

Good luck on the remainder of the work, as now we got the fit correct (you for length and me for lie).
                          Regards
                          Dan

True Length Technology TM
                          Awarded 'Best New Fitting Idea - 2007 AGCP'
                          True Frequency Technology TM
                          - Developer / Owner

Maltby Clubmaking Academy
                          - Master
                          Golf Clubmakers Association (GCA)
                          - Advanced / Professional
                          Professional Clubmakers Society (PCS)
                          - Class 'A'

Comment

My post here is long overdue as I have had my new TLT set at home for several months now. My winter off-season of lessons & Sim' range time did not go as planned as I have been nursing/treating my severe golf/tennis elbow. Golf season is upon us and I'm now back at 'er with 3 rounds under my belt.

To re-cap, my new TLT set started with newly ordered set of JPX-900 Forged 4-GW. I sold off the stock shafts to a fellow TGN'r and had Dan do a TLT build with new Accra Tour 110i graphite shafts. The Accras are also visually a thing of beauty. My photos do not show off the carbon fiber look from the grip down to the first Accra emblem -> very cool ! Dan measures and sorts the shafts before install, and he added some shaft inserts to further help with shock-reduction going to my elbow. My Sand & Lob wedges are a set of NOS Nike VR-Pro that I had been hoarding. Grips are Lamkin UTX mid-size with 1+3 wraps.

My 4 wedges (P,G,S,L) are all the same length.
                            Total length variance from 4i-Wedge is only 1.9"

I tried to lineup my clubs and take pics to show what a TLT build is about.
                            The grip butts are all at the same height -> which is MY natural athletic position. As each club gets slightly longer, the head moves slight further away from you. Dan's build procedure & measurements gets things bent to 2 decimal points accuracy to get the lie angles correct.

I am really pleased with this set and know Dan gave it his best efforts to get them "just right", stating they were as fine a set as he has ever built. I am expecting that this is the iron set, along with continued lessons & improvements, to get me to shoot a round at Par. I came close a couple times last year, and hoping I can get it done this season. Thanks Dan !

🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
                            Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
                            Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
                            Titleist TSR1 20* & 26* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
                            Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
                            Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
                            Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

ARL67 thanks for sharing the set looks great with those shafts, the only thing I would have changed was BLUE lamkin UTX grips to set-off the blue in the irions.

All the best achieving par,
                              In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
                              Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
                              Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
                              Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
                              Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
                              Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
                              Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
                              --------
                              Home Course - Clublink

Comment

I've seen those shafts in Dan's shop and they look incredible!
                                Bag: PING Hoofer Camo / Moonlite Floral
                                Driver: TM SIM2 MAX @ 10.5*
                                Wood: TM SIM2 MAX @ 15*
                                Hybrids: TM SIM2 22*
                                Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW
                                Wedge: KZG Forged TRS Grind 60*
                                Putter: SGC WB Northwood
                                Lovingly built by: Dan's Custom Golf

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse