Collapse

July Golf in Vegas and Scottsdale

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July Golf in Vegas and Scottsdale

Anyone golf in Vegas or Scottsdale in late July?

We're trying to plan a bachelor trip, but we're hearing that July is the hottest months in both cities. How does the desert summer heat compare to our humid and muggy summers?

About half the guys don't golf, so we wanted to go somewhere where we could accommodate both groups. Other destinations are welcomed!

Re: July Golf in Vegas and Scottsdale

Let's just say there is a reason that is low season for both locations. I wouldn't step foot in either location between Mid June & Mid September. Humid or not 110-120 is not fun. Highly recommend another location such as:

1. California just not Palm Springs

2. Muskoka

3. NYC

Comment

I golf in Vegas every July. It's hot but hardly unbearable. Just drink lots of water. Also it's dirt cheap to play and courses are usually almost deserted if you tee off around 11 am so it's great in my opinion.

Comment

Which dates are you in Vegas? I'll be there June 24 for 2 weeks, might do a San Fran trip as well. I've golfed in July before, and agrees on post above. Just stay hydrated, try to get early tee times as well.
        Cobra King F7
        Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
        Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
        Cobra Amp Pro 6-AW + KBS C-Tapers S
        Cobra Tour Trusty Dual (56/60)
        Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

I've golfed in Vegas in July, very hot but not a "humid" hot. Quite bearable if you drink lots of water.

I concur with the early AM tee times...you be done by the time the really strong sun is out.

I played 2 rounds...first was really nice from 7 AM - 11 AM...I went out again at 12:15 and was fatigued within 5 or 6 holes.

Comment

But do you really want to be teeing off at 6/7 am on a bachelor party trip after the nights "activities"? For a pure golf trip maybe for this maybe not. I just wouldn't want to be the guy who pushed this idea saying it will be fine and then it's 120 every day and you've got a entire group of guys complaining saying "what the heck we didn't know it was going to be this hot". If everyone sits down and agrees they are okay with 110-120 that's a different story. mid 80's and Oceanside California sounds a lot better to me

Comment

Originally posted by imAnewbie View Post
              Which dates are you in Vegas? I'll be there June 24 for 2 weeks, might do a San Fran trip as well. I've golfed in July before, and agrees on post above. Just stay hydrated, try to get early tee times as well.
              July 8-12

Comment

July is hot, average daily high is something like 105 *F but it can reach 120. Id rather play in a dry 110 in Phoenix than 90 and humid here, much more comfortable.

I go with a group to Scottsdale/Phoenix every labour day for a week, Septembervaverage high is about 100* and have played in 110 . while hot it's not unbearable and we often play 36. Hydrate and use the shade.

My buds who live in Phoenix will play mornings in the summer teeing off at 6 or 7, in by 10.

I agree with the comment that if you are going to be partying hard , then it's likely not the best for your health , nor fun playing hungover in 110 degree heat.

The good news is fees are dirt cheap and courses pretty empty
                Last edited by Weirfan; Apr 21, 2017, 06:36 AM.
                "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Get out early is all I can add,it's too hot to do anything in July.

Comment

A friend and I played 36 holes in Vegas when it was 40C+ and about 5% humidity. It was tough but definitely doable; drink lots of water/sports beverages and avoid any alcohol until after the round. Also, apply sunscreen regularly!
                    10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
                    16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
                    20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
                    4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
                    Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

One good thing about that timing is the golf is cheap then.
                      Pxg Gen 4. Project X hzrdus

Srixon 3 Hybrid

Srixon 4 Hybrid

Mizuno Mp H4 4-PW

Mizuno S18 Gap Wedge 51​

Mizuno S 22 56 wedge

Odyssey Ten Tour Lined Broomstick

Comment

Originally posted by steez03 View Post
                        Anyone golf in Vegas or Scottsdale in late July?

We're trying to plan a bachelor trip, but we're hearing that July is the hottest months in both cities. How does the desert summer heat compare to our humid and muggy summers?

About half the guys don't golf, so we wanted to go somewhere where we could accommodate both groups. Other destinations are welcomed!
                        Most members have stated to get out early to play if you can, which is definitely true. Desert heat and humidity heat are two different things. If you know someone that operates a body shop, ask to stand in the paint oven when "baking" a fresh coat of paint onto a car. Temps are usually 110-120, which will give you an idea of what desert heat feels like in the summer months. If you think you can play 18 in that environment, then go for it!..I would recommend the San Diego area for that time of year, and the nearby Tijuana playground for "night-time" bachelor party/trip activities..

Comment

do they make SPF1000 ?
                          Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Sounds like a fun trip!

I've played played a lot in Palm Springs and have been told that's about as hot as it gets. I was there last September and even then it's hitting 40+. I'd imagine Vegas summers would feel a lot like that or worse. The good thing is that it is a dry heat so it's not that sticky gross feeling kind of hot. As people have said before, stay hydrated. I also will grab the hand towel (med size) from the hotel. Most desert courses I've played almost always have jugs of ice water on the course. You soak that towel and wrap it around your head and/or neck.

The huge pro to going down there at that time is that the golf will be cheap. September is still summer rates in Palm Springs. I played PGA West Stadium for $49 incl cart and range plus tax US and $39 for the Norman course for an early afternoon tee time. I'm imagining you could play TPC Vegas for pretty cheap.

Lastly I'm a huge fan of San Diego too, someone else had mentioned. I spent a few days there, drove from Palm Springs. It's beautiful, perfect weather and great golf. Torrey Pines is 20 min N of San Diego and was amazing to play but super expensive. I think I paid around 140 for twilight incl cart but totally worth it!

Hope you guys have a blast whatever you do!

Comment

Not a good move to do this trip in Vegas in July. The heat is unbearable. It's not fun. I love golf but not that much.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X