Collapse

Golftown Grip Sale - when and what?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Golftown Grip Sale - when and what?

Picked up another set of GP multicompound whiteouts...they're marked down to $7.97 each so they aren't available for the 40% off (ending with .97) but they are still cheaper then the non-whiteouts after the 40% off. Damn good price for my go-to grips.
    WITB

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 DBD
    Callaway Epic 3 & 5
    Bridgestone J15 CB 4-PW
    Titleist SM6 50, 54, 58
    Xenon Handmade Stealth CS
    Xenon Handmade Torched CS
    Lajosi TF3 Torched CS
    Anton Handmade BOS Weld CS
    Black Lab Notchback Oil Can Prototype CS
    Slighter Prototype Notchback CS
    Mannkrafted WB Rattler XL Notchback Prototype CS

Comment

Fellas, a reminder that the grip sale ends TODAY at 5:00 PM. We are closed tomorrow and regular prices begin on Tuesday.
      In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
      Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
      TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
      TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
      PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
      TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
      Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
      TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Picked up a few more Dri-Tacs for $7 and change, just incase at Brampton East. Nice to know that on such a cold day with not much to do, the employees could past the time playing virtual golf! Wish my work had that!

Comment

Originally posted by synergy300 View Post
          Picked up a few more Dri-Tacs for $7 and change, just incase at Brampton East. Nice to know that on such a cold day with not much to do, the employees could past the time playing virtual golf! Wish my work had that!
          We had 50 sets come in yesterday for re-gripping, along with the 75 or so already in and waiting. We never have time for that nor would we do it if we did. There is always something to do, clean up or rearrange.

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post
            We had 50 sets come in yesterday for re-gripping, along with the 75 or so already in and waiting. We never have time for that nor would we do it if we did. There is always something to do, clean up or rearrange.
            Looks like all stores are different. I noticed the same at the store in Kingston. A buddy and I went up to take advantage of the sale. 2 weeks pick up time, lots of sets in plastic bag yet employees were on the sims.

Comment

I often wonder why they need a Brampton East GT. I'm not complaining as I live nearby, although I do most of my things in Woodbridge/Maple so I'm at the Woodbridge GT far more often. I don't mean to be racial, but living here in Brampton, I don't see a lot of my Indians and Pakistani neighbours going out to play golf. I talk to them, and they often invite me to play cricket with them.

Perhaps Brampton East gets more of their business from Caledon but it's always dead every time I've been there with at least 4 staff working.

Comment

Originally posted by synergy300 View Post
                I often wonder why they need a Brampton East GT. I'm not complaining as I live nearby, although I do most of my things in Woodbridge/Maple so I'm at the Woodbridge GT far more often. I don't mean to be racial, but living here in Brampton, I don't see a lot of my Indians and Pakistani neighbours going out to play golf. I talk to them, and they often invite me to play cricket with them.

Perhaps Brampton East gets more of their business from Caledon but it's always dead every time I've been there with at least 4 staff working.
                I can't answer your question if you are asking me since I've never been to that store or neighbourhood. I can tell you that you will never see Hamilton staff pounding the hound on simulators as was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Comment

I can't answer your question if you are asking me since I've never been to that store or neighborhood. I can tell you that you will never see Hamilton staff pounding the hound on simulators as was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Part of the reason might be the new online modules that staff have to do to work behind the shop counter. If you have some new hires or people who rarely work, they likely 'aren't allowed' to do anything.

I had this issue as I said I wasn't going to do the modules, so I wasn't allowed to work behind the shop counter...

I also wonder how busy that shore would be for re-grips. Burlington had their usual amount when I was in there a few weeks ago, Milton had 1. Its funny that people would complain about the turnaround but wouldn't drive 20 mins to have them done in a day at a another location.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post
                    Part of the reason might be the new online modules that staff have to do to work behind the shop counter. If you have some new hires or people who rarely work, they likely 'aren't allowed' to do anything.

I had this issue as I said I wasn't going to do the modules, so I wasn't allowed to work behind the shop counter...

I also wonder how busy that shore would be for re-grips. Burlington had their usual amount when I was in there a few weeks ago, Milton had 1. Its funny that people would complain about the turnaround but wouldn't drive 20 mins to have them done in a day at a another location.
                    Good points all. On Sat. and Sun. we took in over 120 sets for re-gripping to add to the 70 or so already in.

Comment

Good points all. On Sat. and Sun. we took in over 120 sets for re-gripping to add to the 70 or so already in.

Love when everyone waits till the end of the sale, and then you know some will say they are leaving in a couple days for a golf trip south...

The other thing that I have learned over the years if the more hands that touch sets, the more likely things get mis-placed.

But having nearly 200 sets to get done, I don't envy that person at all.

Comment

I bought new grips in January and installed them already. I don't mind taking the time to install them myself. Gives me something to do during the winter.

Comment

Love when everyone waits till the end of the sale, and then you know some will say they are leaving in a couple days for a golf trip south...

The other thing that I have learned over the years if the more hands that touch sets, the more likely things get mis-placed.

GT should hire a couple of temps to do this. I think I'd actually enjoy spending a few Saturdays regripping clubs!

Comment

We have two guys, maybe three if I get involved. I'm sure some one will come in tomorrow and moan that:

"What, the sale is over?!! I never got the eMail!"

"But, but, I was in Tibet climbing K2!"

and other assorted BS excuses. There are no extensions this year.

Comment

We have two guys, maybe three if I get involved. I'm sure some one will come in tomorrow and moan that:

This sale seemed to go on forever. WIll be funny when people say they missed it.....

30 days is a long time
                              Pxg Gen 4. Project X hzrdus

Srixon 3 Hybrid

Srixon 4 Hybrid

Mizuno Mp H4 4-PW

Mizuno S18 Gap Wedge 51

Mizuno S 22 56 wedge

Odyssey Ten Tour Lined Broomstick

Comment

My best was a guy coming in a month after the sale and *****ing that I wasn't going to give him the same pricing

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X