Collapse

Tiger Has another Back Surgery

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tiger Has another Back Surgery

Hope it's succesful and he can find some of his old game in the future.
    TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
    TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
    TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
    Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
    Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
    100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

Well he carried the PGA tour on his back from 2000-2013 so this is the aftermath of all that work. Go Tiger. GOAT!

Comment

Originally posted by goshawk View Post
        I had the same fusion done a few years ago now, at a much more advanced age than Tiger is right now. Speaking totally personally, I've lost about 10-15% of my range of motion as well as 20% of my old yardage distance, but I have had absolutely zero pain or stress in that area since the surgery. With his natural athleticism and being in such good physical condition (not in my case), he could be back to full swings in 6 months. Only time will tell.
        A golfing buddy had the same, although he suffered similar post operative conditions as you his golf game improved incredibly.
        Probably as a result of dramatically slowing down his swing speed and improving his accuracy.
        He was off golf for something like 6-8 months, winter time anyways, which gave him time to rest, do the proper core exercises and plenty of time to think, read and study golf swings.
        Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
          A golfing buddy had the same, although he suffered similar post operative conditions as you his golf game improved incredibly.
          Probably as a result of dramatically slowing down his swing speed and improving his accuracy.
          He was off golf for something like 6-8 months, winter time anyways, which gave him time to rest, do the proper core exercises and plenty of time to think, read and study golf swings.
          Because of his physical conditioning over the years, I don't see any reason why it would take him longer than the doc's said to get back to "normal". With his status and bank account, I'm assuming he got the best micro-surgeon that he could for the surgery.
          Personally, I've been totally pain free since the surgery and recovery. I've thought for quite a while that he'd end up with this procedure (or something similar). I'm just surprised it wasn't done sooner.
          U. S. Air Force, Retired

Comment

Had my L4-5 done back in 2003 and had a second one scheduled for my C5-6 in 2009 but opted to let Mother Nature do her best to resolve it after the surgeon's prognosis. Wouldn't wish chronic back pain on my worst enemy - hope TW gets the right fix this time and puts his health ahead of everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post
              Even though Tiger's 14 is still short of Nicklaus' 18, I don't see any of the current generation coming close to Tiger's total.
              Nicklaus' record won't be broken for another generation. Probably won't see it in my lifetime.

Comment

Should retire as the great, and stop trying to relive what cant be.

Comment

Woodsy Who?
                  WITB: clubs, balls, tees, Advil and a candlestick (just in case)

Comment

Great investment by taylormade......
                    PING CAMO BAG...
                    WEAPONS...
                    SRIXON ZX5 10.5
                    3W TM M2
                    HYB 19 deg Callaway Epic
                    5-aw Callaway Epic Forged

SW TM Milled Grind 56
                    LW TM MILLED GRIND 60

PUTTER Rotation TM Spider Tour, Scotty np2 ,
                    3 ball Fang, RIFE TOUR

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhark View Post
                      Great investment by taylormade......
                      I mean he's still tiger woods........ still the most popular attraction on the tour

Comment

With his records and accomplishments he doesn't need to prove anything to anybody. Pretending to be a PGA tour player is getting old.....just like TIger. He had a short lived career due to injury. Many other's have suffered the same fate. Bobby Orr for one. Even at 100% health and in tip top mental form he faces fields now half his age, twice his strength and no Tiger fear factor that there was 20 years ago.

It would be great for the game for him to become the ambassador he should be considering what the game has brought to him. Or if he doesn't want to do that then sail away into the sunset on Privacy.

The whole thing of I'm getting better is getting old and more and more unbelievable.
                        WHAT SITS ON MY CLIC-GEAR
                        Alpha Golf C830.4 SP700 Plasma 10* Platinum 65 gr
                        Alpha Golf Version 5 3wd 15* Platinum 65gr
                        Alpha Golf C830 19* Platinum 60 gr
                        Alpha C2 Fly 4- G/W Platinum 60 gr
                        Snake Eyes 675 WB 54* & 58* FST 90 gr
                        Heavy Putter A1 33"
                        " The secret is in the dirt "....... Ben Hogan

Comment

I agree.
                          It's too many attempts at recovery, he's getting older, it's unfortunate but time to move on. He can still be an incredible ambassador if he's interested. But he doesn't owe golf anything and vice versa.

Comment

Jaime Diaz has an interesting (and detailed) take on Tiger's most recent surgery, the parts around Lee Trevino are interesting:

- Ian
                            TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
                            TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
                            TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
                            TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
                            TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
                            * (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
                            TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
                            TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
                            TM TP5 Golf Ball
                            Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                            SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
                            Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Comment

Originally posted by tarrantian View Post
                              Jaime Diaz has an interesting (and detailed) take on Tiger's most recent surgery, the parts around Lee Trevino are interesting:

- Ian

Pretty interesting. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by hogannut View Post
                                With his records and accomplishments he doesn't need to prove anything to anybody. Pretending to be a PGA tour player is getting old.....just like TIger. He had a short lived career due to injury. Many other's have suffered the same fate. Bobby Orr for one. Even at 100% health and in tip top mental form he faces fields now half his age, twice his strength and no Tiger fear factor that there was 20 years ago.

It would be great for the game for him to become the ambassador he should be considering what the game has brought to him. Or if he doesn't want to do that then sail away into the sunset on Privacy.

The whole thing of I'm getting better is getting old and more and more unbelievable.
                                he might be getting better in regards to his health and his back.
                                however I don't think he can be competitive anymore not with today's fields.
                                I view him now much like I view fred couples, likeable, long hitter, bad back and he will not win a major again until and if he decides to play on champions tour events which would give him enough time to rest his back and body in regards to the rest of all his injuries.
                                Devlin

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

There are no members with birthdays today.

Working...
                                X