GET TO PLAY HAMILTON G & CC TODAY

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GET TO PLAY HAMILTON G & CC TODAY

Originally posted by Albatross View Post
    Felt bad cause i pumbled my client but what the hell.
    I love it.

This should be the TGN slogan. I expect that most of us have said the same thing on many occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by WILL View Post
      You prolly drove the TT to the course as well, ya bugger.
      That would make you feel poor in the parking lot.
      I like big putts and I cannot lie
      You other putters can't deny
      That when a putt goes in with an itty bitty pace
      You're gonna fist pump in their face - Sir Putts-A-Lot

It's how well you golf fast!!!!

Comment

I did play west/south, and let me tell you , those greens are incredible to putt on, i putted 100% better b/c all the greens were exatly the same. No need to hammer putts like on a lot of public courses. And they had the pin on the 18th right at the front of the green. Dirty little pin placement as if you went long, that putt was going well by and than 30 yards down the hill. Par'd that hole though! booooya
        The greens were actually playing a slower than normal when I played there yesterday. But this is still faster than almost every public course. Fantastic course, my favourite in the country. You are right about the rough getting thick out there. It was a challenge when you missed the fairway. If you get a chance to play the East 9, make sure you do, its just as nice as West/South.

Cheers,
        Daws
        What's in the bag:
        Driver: Taylor Made Burner 08, 9.5*, stock stiff shaft
        3 Wood: Cleveland QuadPro, 15*, UST proforce 65
        Irons: Callaway x-20 tour, flighted project x 6.0 shafts
        Wedges: Titleist Vokey spin milled wedges, 56*, 60*
        Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.0
        Ball: Pro V1x

Comment

that's what all the members were saying that the greens weren't that quick. But if you compare to every public course out there, they' re damn quick
          MEMBER OF THE 2008/2011/2014/2016TGN/OGF RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Played tonight for the first time. I may never trust my putting again. Loved it all; especially the 19th hole.

Comment

Wow!! 7 years later
              http://www.galagolfclub.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Onin3 View Post
                Played tonight for the first time. I may never trust my putting again. Loved it all; especially the 19th hole.
                What nines did you play. My first and only was East and West and thought that I had died and was in golf heaven.
                Last edited by QuentinJJ; Sep 20, 2016, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Fortunate to play all 27 on Friday. Hamilton is on one of the more spectacular inland properties for golf in all the world and the West/South course is one of the best layouts anywhere. The East is no slouch with a couple great holes too.

Comment

Hi, I played the South followed by the West!

Originally posted by QuentinJJ View Post
                    What nines did you play. My firts and only was East and West and thought that I had died and was in golf heaven.

Comment

I was not feeling that. However; I am not a reviewer of golf. Please explain how it one of the more spectacular inland properties for golf in all of the world.
                      I feel like Wyndance is.. but thats me. What qualifies Hamilton for this ?

Originally posted by AverageJoe View Post
                      Fortunate to play all 27 on Friday. Hamilton is on one of the more spectacular inland properties for golf in all the world and the West/South course is one of the best layouts anywhere. The East is no slouch with a couple great holes too.

Comment

Originally posted by Onin3 View Post
                        I was not feeling that. However; I am not a reviewer of golf. Please explain how it one of the more spectacular inland properties for golf in all of the world.
                        I feel like Wyndance is.. but thats me. What qualifies Hamilton for this ?
                        Beautiful large pines and oaks, gorgeous tumbling topography, elevation changes that are almost perfect for golf...how is it not? Of course the routing that takes full advantage of these characteristics elevate them even more.

The whole property reminds me quite a bit of some of the heathland courses in England. If you get the chance to return walk to the back of the 5th green and look out over the property. If that view doesn't leave you in awe I don't know what will.

If they keep going in the direction they are going in terms of aesthetic, it will eventually blow people's socks off and be a top 100 quite easily IMO.

Comment

I will be playing HGCC again Oct 1.

Comment

As per the title, i'm super psyched, anyone played and have any tips?
                            leave your approach shots below the hole.....everywhere. Its awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by AverageJoe View Post
                              Beautiful large pines and oaks, gorgeous tumbling topography, elevation changes that are almost perfect for golf...how is it not? Of course the routing that takes full advantage of these characteristics elevate them even more.

The whole property reminds me quite a bit of some of the heathland courses in England. If you get the chance to return walk to the back of the 5th green and look out over the property. If that view doesn't leave you in awe I don't know what will.

If they keep going in the direction they are going in terms of aesthetic, it will eventually blow people's socks off and be a top 100 quite easily IMO.
                              I agree and played it this past Sunday for around the 56th time. It never bores me.
                              In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
                              Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
                              TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
                              TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
                              PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
                              TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
                              Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
                              TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Thinking about joining Hamilton for next year. Would love to hear some feedback about the membership experience (membership/access to the tee/ etc) from existing members.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X