Collapse

Theoretical Max. Driver Distance ?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Theoretical Max. Driver Distance ?

Whoops I misread it as 167y carry. My mistake.

As for your lack of roll it's due to the 25* LA causing a steep descent angle (which is not displayed)

Again though total is a very big guess always. Try to use this tool to maximize carry

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post
      Essentially with your ball speed 1400 RPM is not enough to keep the ball from falling out of the sky
      If you're LAnwas lower ud be hitting it even shorter.

For "tiger" with that ball speed and LA even the 1400rpm spin is too much and causes the ball to balloon
      1400rpm backspin is very little...even for tiger

Comment

OK, a quick update, if anyone is still awake and interested, of course. Played around with many different combinations, with Tiger's 180mph ball speed, and would you believe it (or not) the best so far was achieved with, wait for it, the Taylormade famous 17/1700 combination, AKA, LOFT UP WITH SLDR: total distance of close to 340yards !!!
        Cheers !
        p.s. AND I HAVE NO financial or any other interest in TM. I actually sold all of my TM drivers since i dislike them. Maybe it's time to look for an SLDR on the cheap, lol.
        Last edited by veryold; Dec 23, 2016, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by veryold View Post
          OK, a quick update, if anyone is still awake and interested, of course. Played around with many different combinations, with Tiger's 180mph ball speed, and would you believe it (or not) the best so far was achieved with, wait for it, the Taylormade famous 17/1700 combination, AKA, LOFT UP WITH SLDR: total distance of close to 340yards !!!
          Cheers !
          p.s. AND I HAVE NO financial or any other interest in TM. I actually sold all of my TM drivers since i dislike them. Maybe it's time to look for an SLDR on the cheap, lol.
          Why are you using a spin of 1700 in your analysis?

Using 2016 as an example, Patrick Reed ranks near the top at 2950 (9.36 launch angle), and Jason Day near the bottom at 2118 (12.46 launch angle).
          Rory McIlroy averaged 2495 (9.79 launch angle) and Dustin Johnston averaged 2610 (10.01 launch angle).

http://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.02405.2016.html
          http://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.02404.2016.html

Comment

Originally posted by smc66 View Post
            Why are you using a spin of 1700 in your analysis?
            Because that's the longest drive that simulator produces. With Reed's stats, the distance drops by 15 yards.

Comment

What is your goal though? What are you trying to discover?

Comment

What is your goal though? What are you trying to discover?
                it's in the title of this thread

Comment

Yah but based on what? Obviously ball speed is key. Are you trying to figure out max distance at a certain ballspeed? Ie 180?

Because the optimal spin and launch will change based on ballspeed

Comment

Are you trying to figure out max distance at a certain ballspeed?
                    ABSOLUTELY. SwingSpeed/BallSpeed is the parameter than is more or less constant for a given individual, and takes a lot to change that. Other parameters are a bit easier to manipulate/change, i think

Because the optimal spin and launch will change based on ballspeed
                    Well, that is what i am uncertain about. So far, it appears that your premise may be challenged, but who am i to challenge it
                    Cheers !

Comment

Please do post. Part of the problem to with the software is it's not looking at outside factors like weather etc.

Look at the "Peak heights" you ideally wanna be between 115-125ft. No higher or the wind will demolish your ball

Comment

Please do post. Part of the problem to with the software is it's not looking at outside factors like weather etc.
                        Look at the "Peak heights" you ideally wanna be between 115-125ft. No higher or the wind will demolish your ball
                        Oh, ABSOLUTELY AND COMPLETELY agree with you, no argument here !
                        It was just an idea i wanted to thinker with after somebody posted about the subject simulator gadget software. Obviously it works in ideal golfing weather, but i don't know how accurate is the modeling they used to write this software simulator. Well, it's free, what more can i say, lol.

Cannot wait till next Spring to start real tests on a real golf course, i have all lined up to do. As i laughed before, just hope my old age gives me at least one more season on the green side of the grass

HAPPINESS AND PEACE TO ALL

Cheers !

Comment

If it has not been mentioned before, the free Trajectoware software program will model driver maximum carry distance including weather related factors. Total distance is entirely dependent on the type of course agronomy you play on. Totally saturated ground would have the ball plug; it's not uncommon to see average roll out on the PGA Tour to be between 40 to 60 yards on flat landing areas. The courses they play attempt to play the ground conditions as very hard, firm and fast. The length of cut of grass on tour events is very, very short. They could accurately be described as being cut to grass heights that are tighter than almost all of us play off well manicured tees.
                          Engineered Golf
                          7 Brent Court
                          North Bay, ON
                          P1B 9M4
                          www.engineeredgolf.ca

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays