Collapse

Anyone boycotting US travel

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Anyone boycotting US travel

I am travelling back from Atlanta to Toronto today after spending the week working with a NASCAR sponsor company the entire week. In 4 days not one person has made a single reference to Trump or politics to me or amongst themselves when I have been present. As a visitor / guest I do not talk about it unless a local initiates the conversation.

What I see is people going about their business. The demographic makeup of the company staff is very diverse and I suspect would fairly represent the overall demogpraphics of the great Atlanta area. Everyone works together today as I am sure they did last year

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
      I love being born white too.

Great choice, always comes in handy!
      As the saying goes, "choose your parents carefully".

Comment

Originally posted by vermin40 View Post
        So all in all a good $10 investment on my part to bring so much joy into another person's life.
        Good thing they were made in China or that same gift of joy would cost you double.
        What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
        TM Rescue 17*
        TM M2 4-AW
        TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
        Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post
          Good thing they were made in China or that same gift of joy would cost you double.
          That would mean less money available to make bets with you.

Comment

That would mean less money available to make bets with you.
            I'd hate for you to welch on our next bet re Trump 2020...

TM Rescue 17*
            TM M2 4-AW
            TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60

Comment

Hopefully your losing streak will continue unabated.

Comment

My sense is that many don't want to focus on politics, because they'd then have to come to grips with the daily sideshow that is their leader.

Originally posted by pendlebg View Post
                I am travelling back from Atlanta to Toronto today after spending the week working with a NASCAR sponsor company the entire week. In 4 days not one person has made a single reference to Trump or politics to me or amongst themselves when I have been present. As a visitor / guest I do not talk about it unless a local initiates the conversation.

What I see is people going about their business. The demographic makeup of the company staff is very diverse and I suspect would fairly represent the overall demogpraphics of the great Atlanta area. Everyone works together today as I am sure they did last year
                This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Hopefully your losing streak will continue unabated.
                  1 bet = losing streak? Sounds like a Trumpesque alternative fact, lol. Winning Bigly!

TM Rescue 17*
                  TM M2 4-AW
                  TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60

Comment

1 bet = losing streak? Sounds like a Trumpesque alternative fact, lol. Winning Bigly!
                    I'm undefeated against you. That is factual. You are winless.

Comment

Originally posted by Fredk View Post
                      Nope. I know one person who was rejected at the US border with a valid Canadian passport. His sin? Dark skin and a 'middle eastern' name. Got his passport stamped REJECTED. Its going to cost him a lot of time and money to get this cleared up.

The border is a law unto its own and guards seem to have a lot of latitude in what they can do.
                      Any other possible reason? I am curious. I do know that if you mention going for business purpose, for example, you had best be very careful as that results in another layer of questions and you may be rejected if it appears you may be doing some sort of work without the proper visa. I'm just wanting to understand if there's any other possible reason beyond skin colour and name. I hope there is some other justification.

Comment

So you really do have the largest margin of victory since Reagan.

Comment

You made an even money bet on a long odds candidate and got lucky (on the bet, not on the fact that a narcissistic idiot is in charge of a powerful nation).

I made several much larger bets, also at even money, and then hedged them on the day of the election at very favourable odds so I ended up in a no-lose situation. Trump loses and I make several thousand dollars. Trump wins, I walk away even.

I'll do that over and over and over again as long as I can keep finding people who like taking even money bets on long shots

TM Rescue 17*
                          TM M2 4-AW
                          TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post
                            So you really do have the largest margin of victory since Reagan.
                            Correct Benzie. Somewhere between Reagan and Bashar al-Assad.

Comment

The bet being on whether he'll reach 2020? Or even 2018?
                              What's in the Hoofer:TM SLDR Mini 12 | TM R11s 3WD | Ping G30 3h | Ping G30 4-UW | Ping Glide 54, 58 SS | Ping Ketsch

Comment

You made an even money bet on a long odds candidate and got lucky (on the bet, not on the fact that a narcissistic idiot is in charge of a powerful nation).

I made several much larger bets, also at even money, and then hedged them on the day of the election at very favourable odds so I ended up in a no-lose situation. Trump loses and I make several thousand dollars. Trump wins, I walk away even.

I'll do that over and over and over again as long as I can keep finding people who like taking even money bets on long shots
                                You forget I had already won a 12-1 bet with Chambo so betting you even money was just for fun as there is little in life more satisfying than taking money from the righteously smug.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X