No announcement yet.
Collapse

What is the worst golf course in GTA?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is the worst golf course in GTA?

Originally posted by blade_runner View Post
    Geez, Ayren Links might be even better than Banty's......at least Ayren is cheap...
    +1, I really dislike this course, if you can call it a course.

Also, I never had the pleasure of playing the "old" Lowville, but I enjoy the "new" Lowville, that being said, I would rather play others in the area like Indian Wells or Hidden lake. I'm not sure it warrants being in the bottom 10 in all the GTA.
    Bag: Sun Mountain C-130
    Driver: Titleist 913 D2 9.5*
    Wood: Callaway X-Hot 3W
    Hybrids: Titleist 913H 19* & 24*
    Irons: Titleist 914 AP2 5i-Pw
    Wedges: Vokey SM 50*, SM 54* (bent 55*) & SM 60*
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Tel 3 Newport 2
    Ball: Titliest Pro-V1x

Comment

Location, layout, playability, pace of play and price...........Bond Head North!
      If you're smiling on the 1st tee and laughing on the 18th green, it's been a good round!

Comment

bump, some still haven't voted!
        Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Location, layout, playability, pace of play and price...........Bond Head North!
          other than price (and two silly holes) it's great.
          I haven't played most of the courses on the original list, but would choose Cardinal and add Horsehoe Highlands and Monterra. The latter two aren't GTA, though.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post
            other than price (and two silly holes) it's great.
            I haven't played most of the courses on the original list, but would choose Cardinal and add Horsehoe Highlands and Monterra. The latter two aren't GTA, though.
            Agreed, two silly holes but the rest of the course is fine. The OP probably got the snot kicked out him by the course which is why he really doesn't like it.

Comment

I played all of them in the list except one. In fact, I played three of them this year. My vote has to go to either Turtle Creek or BB. Since I played TC this year and it is terrible in condition, I vote TC over BB.

Comment

Originally posted by MannyR View Post
                Agreed, two silly holes but the rest of the course is fine. The OP probably got the snot kicked out him by the course which is why he really doesn't like it.
                BH North is an incredible track, 2 and 6 are great holes. 2 kicks peoples asses if they can't fly a wedge high with spin. 6 is quite drivable and plays easy. I don't get the hang up people have with them. Blind shots are not uncommon on great courses, anyone ever hear of Bethpage Black?

Comment

To me #2 is a mediocre hole, while #6 (the straight up hill one) is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post
                    BH North is an incredible track, 2 and 6 are great holes. 2 kicks peoples asses if they can't fly a wedge high with spin. 6 is quite drivable and plays easy. I don't get the hang up people have with them. Blind shots are not uncommon on great courses, anyone ever hear of Bethpage Black?
                    I find them gimmickey compared to rest of the course.

Comment

streetsville glen

Comment

PLEASE don't compare BH north to Bethpage..

That's blasphemy!!!

WIT SM C130 Cart Bag:
                        TM SLDR 10.5*
                        TM SLDR 3W & TM V-Steel 5W
                        TM Rescue 22*
                        4-PW Mix of Mizuno MX-25's and TM RBZ's
                        Wedges: Titleist SM 53* & 56*
                        Ping Ketch
                        Ball: What's on sale?

Comment

Originally posted by Leftygolfer30 View Post
                          PLEASE don't compare BH north to Bethpage..

That's blasphemy!!!
                          +1

Neither BH(N) or Rattlesnake (Rattleshank?) are my favourite, but worst course in the city? Come on...
                          http://onegolferstravels.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'll join the group that say H&F missed the mark on these two holes. I can't think of any hole that requires a "wedge high with spin" that is a great hole.

2 is intended to be a split-fairway par-four, with the bolder player having the option of playing to the narrow left portion of the fairway, but as it is routed I believe the forced carry to reach both the fairway and the upper fairway are too long for many players to consider the option.

I have no big problem with 6 but again I think H&F mis-judged the ability of most golfers playing the hole. It seems there should be a choice between playing to the right and leaving a blind/semi-blind approach or challenging the carry on the left to get near the green. I have never seen anyone consider the left line and have never even seen anyone reach the upper portion of the right fairway.

Move each tee set up a tee box or two and I think both holes are improved.
                            http://onegolferstravels.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by daedae View Post
                              Piper's Heath.

Hate the service, will never go back there!
                              If this wasn't sarcasm there has to be a fun story behind it.
                              I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

Originally posted by Sinogirl View Post
                                Take out "Lowville"...it is in excellent shape, some good challenging holes...how about #7 par three!!!!

Awsome view of the escarpement and of Toronto.

I have always found the staff very professional and friendly and the course plays my game well!!!
                                +1 They were redoing a couple of tee boxes which should help

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X