Collapse

Putter fittings???

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putter fittings???

This may sound ignorant but what goes into a putter fitting other then the obvious (being that one ensures loft length and lie is optimal for the player)

Because to my understanding a putter is a very personal feel based thing. Unlike a driver iron etc that's being swung at 85+mph and in excess of 110+mph. Where you're trying to optimize smash factor, launch, spin, ballspeed etc.

So again please enlighten me if you have had one done and how it's helped vs not? I know I've talked to guys that said it was helpful in the sense that it helped them figure out they needed a shorter/longer putter etc but that now knowing that they'd never get fit again for a putter as they can trial and error themselves.

Re: Putter fittings???

Never had one done but I would expect part of it would involve your particular stroke - straight back and through, versus arced, how much arc etc. Also expect something to do with the balance of the club - face versus toe and, again, how much. These two things are likely related but I'm not sure just how closely. And now with Odyssey toe up putters in the mix, maybe that too.

I do suspect, however, that putter fitting may be a lot less involved which might be what you are hinting at. Ping's putter fittings are 30 minutes compared to an hour for irons.

Comment

Just had one done a couple weeks back.

Turns out I had been forcing myself to correct my swing path based on the putter I was using. Sounds simple but I never put it together.

Spent an hour or so looking at different putters. Once I picked one that felt okay. We changed the lie, shaft, grip and even the weight of the putter.

I tried 3 variations before I walked away with the one I have in the bag now.

I now feel comfortable over most putts, and spent a lot less than I would have just buying another random high end putter.
      M1 8.5* Aldila Rouge
      Titleist 915 15* Speeder 757
      M1 18* Speeder 757
      Titleist AP2
      Vokey TVD 50, 54, 58
      Newport 2
      PROV1X

Comment

Depends, possibly the most thorough fitting I am aware of is done by Edel. They get into head shape, alignment indicators, shaft weighting, hosel types, etc. Thousands of possible combinations to ensure you are aiming correctly. Really quite interesting. I believe The Golf Lab does them. At least they did.
        Watch this video to learn about the Edel Putter Fitting system with Greg Hiller, our certified Edel Putter Fitter. Custom putter fitting is the best way to e...

We've already told you that Edel wedges are the best in the game. Now learn about the innovation they've brought to putter fitting.

Or, at Modern Golf, you can do a Quintec fitting,
        Modern Golf Canada's most popular custom golf club fitting, golf lesson, indoor golf and retail golf experience. Golf for Canada.

Putting Analysis Software - Quintic Ball Roll The putter... the most used club in the bag but often the most overlooked part of the golfer's practice. Golfer...

Or you can do the standard, length and lie. Or, at Ping in Oakville, they do the length/lie and then use the Ping App to determine your arc.

Depends how detailed you wish to get.

Comment

Originally posted by Betterthanpar View Post
          Just had one done a couple weeks back.

Turns out I had been forcing myself to correct my swing path based on the putter I was using. Sounds simple but I never put it together.

Spent an hour or so looking at different putters. Once I picked one that felt okay. We changed the lie, shaft, grip and even the weight of the putter.

I tried 3 variations before I walked away with the one I have in the bag now.

I now feel comfortable over most putts, and spent a lot less than I would have just buying another random high end putter.
          ............making any more putts?

Comment

Originally posted by Lob wedge View Post
            ............making any more putts?
            Yes.. most definitively.
            M1 8.5* Aldila Rouge
            M1 18* Speeder 757
            Titleist AP2
            Vokey TVD 50, 54, 58
            Newport 2
            PROV1X

Comment

^^^ where did you have yours done ?
              🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
              Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
              Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
              Titleist TSR1 20* & 26* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
              Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
              Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
              Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Did it at GT in Kitchener with Mark, and the pro from my course.
                M1 8.5* Aldila Rouge
                M1 18* Speeder 757
                Titleist AP2
                Vokey TVD 50, 54, 58
                Newport 2
                PROV1X

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard