Swing feedback

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swing feedback

Hey,

Here's a couple vids of my driver. Tend to hit a fade, or sometimes a more severe slice. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Swing feedback

I don't get a video in your post.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Hmm. I can view them through thumbnails, but here are he links

Comment

I'm no expert at all in swing mechanics and such but I have some minor knowledge. Anyways. It's seems there are a few areas you can improve on. Easy things such as set up and tempo, and likely some more difficult things like the takeaway and the transition from backswing to completion. Im not in a position to comment on specifics of you swing.

I would sign up for a beginners package at GT...spend like $200 on some lessons and you will improve within weeks/months.
        Titleist 915 D2
        Titleist 915 F
        Wishon 929 F
        Wishon 775 Hybrid
        PING i5 Irons
        PING Tour S Rustique 52*
        PING Anser 56*
        PING Glide ES 60*
        MannKrafted Rattler XL
        MannKrafted Midwave
        SGC 902 Custom

Comment

you have a slight reverse pivot, along with a too narrow and open hip stance.
          if that's your driver, stand another 4" wider, with hips slightly closed.
          things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

what's really missing is a shoulder turn.
            things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

My feedback to your swing would be to try and fix a few things:

Your back swing is way too fast. You need to slow it down a bit and have a wider take away.

If you pause your first video at 4 seconds you'll see that your angle of attack is way too steep, could also be the way you grip your club. People say at the top you should feel as if your holding a serving tray. (Left hand should be hinged and club should be parallel to your shoulders) Look up a few videos on YouTube about the proper way to grip the club so you release it better.

Try to feel as if your pausing for a second before you start your downswing. You really wont be pausing, it just gives your body time to align and the club to stop flexing.
              Last edited by triniexr; Feb 17, 2017, 07:07 PM.

Comment

the takewaway (left) AND downswing (right) look really steep, with the downswing being worse.
                Im not an expert but I think this contributes to an out-to-in path (cutting across) and wild spin numbers which would result in a banana slice..
                This is something I had struggles with and someone helped me out a bit. Its still a struggle to get rid of the path issues, although the steepness is now under control.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X