/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Time to replace the Wife's car - suggestions in a similar class?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time to replace the Wife's car - suggestions in a similar class?

Got a line on a very low KM used 2016 Flex that has pretty much all the bells and whistles through my Ford buddy. Gonna check it out Saturday. Would save us $2K per year versus what we're paying now and we'd be under warranty again too.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
      Got a line on a very low KM used 2016 Flex that has pretty much all the bells and whistles through my Ford buddy. Gonna check it out Saturday. Would save us $2K per year versus what we're paying now and we'd be under warranty again too.
      Yes seems the depreciation on them is huge. I kinda like them but seems they are 50% of MSRP in a year.

Comment

Originally posted by gotogolf View Post
        Yes seems the depreciation on them is huge. I kinda like them but seems they are 50% of MSRP in a year.
        Exactly why used can be a good deal. This one has 11K on it and is selling for close to 60% of sticker price. The reason they may depreciate more is that there is not much demand because some people are put off by the boxy look. However in a number of places I am seeing that people who have them really love them. We'll have this car until depreceation is not really a factor.

My Ford buddy used to be at a GM dealer and put me in my current 2013 Silverado. I am quite happy with both the truck and with the deal he hooked me up on it.

Anyway she/we have to like the car (driving, comfort, etc.) first.

Comment

Exactly why used can be a good deal. This one has 11K on it and is selling for close to 60% of sticker price. The reason they may depreciate more is that there is not much demand because some people are put off by the boxy look. However in a number of places I am seeing that people who have them really love them. We'll have this car until depreceation is not really a factor.

My Ford buddy used to be at a GM dealer and put me in my current 2013 Silverado. I am quite happy with both the truck and with the deal he hooked me up on it.

Love my Silverado!

I think you might have add "we" by mistake...

Comment

There are a few great cars like that. The Genesis is too a great mechanical car and I like the looks and it too depreciates really quickly.

When the plan is to drive it 'til depreciation is not a factor and servicing is reasonable, I agree 100%. Hope it works out for you.

Comment

If you like it that is all that matters. Buying used with low km's at a greatly reduced price is the way to go IMHO. Let someone else pay the depreciation, you are getting an almost new car at 60% of the cost.
              MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by hammy1983 View Post
                Were known... late 90's were solid,current larger engines as well as the WRX/STI line as the blocks are solid for the most part. The class action lawsuit has wreaked havoc on Subaru resale. With that being said... 2016/2017 models are trending Subaru for a rebound.
                The 2017 auto edition of Consumer Reports rated the car brands in terms of reliability and road test; the top 5 brands are as follows:

1 Audi
                2 Porsche
                3 BMW
                4 Lexus
                5 Subaru

Subaru is in good company.

CR tells you which car brands make the best vehicles based on Overall Score, factoring in average road-test score, reliability, owner satisfaction, and safety.

Comment

Originally posted by AjaxGolf View Post
                  Love my Silverado!

I think you might have add "we" by mistake...
                  No there are times when I do have to drive it too. So "She" first then "we" (me) second.

Comment

Seven seaters? Honda Pilot, Acura MDX, Volvo XC90, Toyota Highlander, Toyota 4Runner, Mazda CX-9. Coming down the pipe soon will be offerings from both VW and Subaru.

Comment

Originally posted by ecgr2035 View Post
                      The 2017 auto edition of Consumer Reports rated the car brands in terms of reliability and road test; the top 5 brands are as follows:

1 Audi
                      2 Porsche
                      3 BMW
                      4 Lexus
                      5 Subaru

Subaru is in good company.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cars-...vehicles-2017/

again I said they are rebounding in 2016/2017. Even consumer reports notes the issues Subaru was having

"From year to year we see movements in brand rankings because of changes in reliability and new road tests. Subaru dropped from second to fifth place because the previously very reliable Legacy and Outback are now rated only average, and the WRX/STI dropped to below average. "

No one can argue the fact that Subaru dropped the ball regarding engine issues whether your referring to the 2.5 head gasket issue or the successful class action lawsuit in the US regarding their poor approach to crap bottom ends.
                      Driver - Taylormade SIM MAX 9.0 Diamana S
                      3W - Taylormade M4
                      5 wood - Callaway X Hot
                      4 Hybrid - Taylormade R15
                      Irons - Taylormade 2017 P790 5-PW
                      Wedge - 52 Raw Jaws/56 MD 2 tour grind
                      Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

Originally posted by hammy1983 View Post
                        again I said they are rebounding in 2016/2017. Even consumer reports notes the issues Subaru was having

"From year to year we see movements in brand rankings because of changes in reliability and new road tests. Subaru dropped from second to fifth place because the previously very reliable Legacy and Outback are now rated only average, and the WRX/STI dropped to below average. "

No one can argue the fact that Subaru dropped the ball regarding engine issues whether your referring to the 2.5 head gasket issue or the successful class action lawsuit in the US regarding their poor approach to crap bottom ends.
                        Subaru came in 5th of 31 car brands. The four above it are all luxury brands. If you interpret that as dropping the ball then I guess we should agree to disagree.

Comment

Well we are going to check out the Ford Flex this afternoon. If she likes it enough it will probably be a done deal.

Comment

So we drove a Flex, which was really nice. Then decided to try an Edge and it was loaded with all the coolest doodads. It was also a new, old-stock 2015 (194 km on the odometer) and the deal was too good too pass up. Priced like it had been driven for 2 years. Bought it.

Comment

So we drove a Flex, which was really nice. Then decided to try an Edge and it was loaded with all the coolest doodads. It was also a new, old-stock 2015 (194 km on the odometer) and the deal was too good too pass up. Priced like it had been driven for 2 years. Bought it.
                              Great deal.... I have a Flex and actually just traded it in on.... another Flex!

About to do the same for my escape but looking heavily at the F150. I also like the edge alot.
                              Bag: PING Hoofer Camo / Moonlite Floral
                              Driver: TM SIM2 MAX @ 10.5*
                              Wood: TM SIM2 MAX @ 15*
                              Hybrids: TM SIM2 22*
                              Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW
                              Wedge: KZG Forged TRS Grind 60*
                              Putter: SGC WB Northwood
                              Lovingly built by: Dan's Custom Golf

Comment

Originally posted by jburns View Post
                                Great deal.... I have a Flex and actually just traded it in on.... another Flex!

About to do the same for my escape but looking heavily at the F150. I also like the edge alot.
                                Yeah, got an Edge Platinum and it has all the premium options for the Platinum trim level too. Pretty sweet. Love the cooled front seats!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X