PING repair Question

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PING repair Question

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
    In a pinch, because you are far from the nearest GT or Ping service, you can mix tungsten powder with 5 minute epoxy and flush-fill the pocket after roughing it up with sandpaper. If I'm right we're talking 3-5 grams port weight at most anyway.
    Have seen them as much as 14g .
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
      Have seen them as much as 14g .
      wow! That's huge if that is through a set.
      I would think that Pings exacting lost-wax casting tolerance for weight would be much closer than that.
      things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
        wow! That's huge if that is through a set.
        I would think that Pings exacting lost-wax casting tolerance for weight would be much closer than that.
        No would not be through a set. ( at least I hope not)

I think they have even heavier ones . There was a Ping assembly video circulating that might have mentioned the weights used.

The medallions are used to target a final swingweight in each iron after assembly so if the head and shaft are light and the grip maybe a bit heavy 14 g is not unreasonable. As you know different shafts produce different swing-weights and Ping builds To target a sw.

but you are right, 4-8 grams ( 2 -4 swingweight points) would be more in keeping with the norm.

I'm a Ping iron user, 2 sets and this year rebuilt a set of custom shop Pings for a buddy and was very disappointed in the variation. Swingweights were not consistent at all, nor was flex and they even built some irons longer to reach a heavier swingweight. In one club that the shaft snapped and was sent back to be replaced, they sent it back 1/2 inch shorter than it was originally built
        Last edited by Weirfan; Dec 3, 2016, 03:26 PM.
        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
        X