Collapse

CGTF vs. CPGA

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CGTF vs. CPGA

That's the thing, unless you can build up a decent clientele for lessons or something, you can spend a whole lot less money to get what would essentially be the same job. Behind a counter ringing up some kind of sale. There are better perks, but...

I could be wrong, but I've heard that about 30 years ago, the setup was so good for head pros(own the pro shop, sometimes even the range) that those who still have the arrangement will basically remain there until they die. (one club in my area apparently has a HP with such an arrangement). Great for them, but then what?

They don't have it much better in the states. My wife and I got to Port St Lucie, where the PGA has their learning center. Bumped into a guy from Seattle. He has to fork out the money to travel there(no west coast office) at least every other year for some kind of "certification." On the surface it sounds fun....

Comment

Why is everyone arguing about who is better?

Both the CPGA and CGTF are trying to promote the great game we all love. If it is a CPGA instructor or a CGTF instructor teaching a student the game of golf, than that is a huge positive. It enhances the importance of sharing what we know to the masses so that we can all enjoy playing this fantastic game.

Every CPGA pro that runs a course knows that the number of rounds across the board is down, and anything any instructor, no matter which affiliation they are with, promotes the game and shows kids, ladies and men how fun this game really is.

That is what we do!!! Any CPGA pro that does not recognize a CGTF pro is absolutely crazy!!!! If you are a CPGA pro running a course, a CGTF pro can send there students to your course, to your Pro Shop for there new fitted clubs. They are sales people for you.

Anybody reading this, here is the difference between the two:

- If you want to book a tee time, call a CPGA Pro.
      - If you want to be fitted for new clubs, call a CPGA Pro.
      - If you want to organize a golf tournament for your company, call a CPGA pro.
      - If you want a job as a marshall, call a CPGA pro.
      - If you want lessons on fixing different parts of your game, call either a CGTF pro or a CPGA pro.

This argument about 3 years in school to a 1 week course is absolutely stupid. A CPGA does not need 3 years to learn the golf swing or how to detect and correct someones swing!!! They take 3 - 5 years to learn the golf business.

Go to an instructor that will help you with your grip, posture, stance, swing, short game and putting. But most of all, someone that will help you love the game and make it enjoyable. This will help every affiliation, the CPGA, the CGTF and the people who just want to play.

Cheers,

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post
        Is this the thread that won't die? It started 8 years ago
        Oh great, now some other guy decides to bring this thread back from the dead, with his one and only shill...I mean post.
        Please, lock this thread.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
        X