Boy Scout Rob Ford charged with assault and uttering death threats

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boy Scout Rob Ford charged with assault and uttering death threats

Originally posted by Big Shooter
    I have "Asian" friends who PREFER to be called "Oreintal" because they are Chinese, and don't like the term "Asian" because ASIA includes anyone from any part of the Continent of Asia, which they feel doesn't 'represent' their culture!
    I guess it doesn't matter what we say, we'll always piss someone off.

Comment

Here's my take on it. I am NOT impressed with Rob Ford on a personal basis. It appears he may have an anger and/or alchol issue. He at least has poor common sense. When you are employed in the public sector it is a good idea not to get drunk and shoot off your mouth at a public event, like a Leaf game. It is also not a good idea to have your personal domestic issues turn into public knowledge.

As a politician I applaud him. He isn't afraid to speak his mind and confirm what many people think in that there are a lot of politicians out there who don't treat the tax money with very much respect and are only concerned with their budgets and how much they will get.

A government in theory should really be a "non-profit" business and any extra money should be invested back into the country. If you are able to use less than your budget you should be REWARDED, not penalized, which is what happens now because the next years budget will be less compared to what you got in the current year. That is not a formula to encourage less usage!!

Ford obviously has personal issues he needs to address, which he should. I would also like to hear and see both side of the story before passing judgement on his wifes allegations.
      WHAT SITS ON MY CLIC-GEAR
      Alpha Golf C830.4 SP700 Plasma 10* Platinum 65 gr
      Alpha Golf Version 5 3wd 15* Platinum 65gr
      Alpha Golf C830 19* Platinum 60 gr
      Alpha C2 Fly 4- G/W Platinum 60 gr
      Snake Eyes 675 WB 54* & 58* FST 90 gr
      Heavy Putter A1 33"
      " The secret is in the dirt "....... Ben Hogan

Comment

As usual the bad press is expressed by everyone and when the guy is exonorated and charges dropped no one comments. Not saying hes totally innoncent but worth mentioning charges were bogus.

Comment

Originally posted by golfpal
          As usual the bad press is expressed by everyone and when the guy is exonorated and charges dropped no one comments. Not saying hes totally innoncent but worth mentioning charges were bogus.
          I was glad to hear the charges were dropped and that he is currently in counselling with his wife.

Comment

Originally posted by golfpal
            Of course presumed guilty and when he is found not guilty no one cares or changes their opinion. HE is as close to an honest politician as you can get. Why do you think he ruffles so many feathers? Because all the other politicians like their perks of spending tax dollars anyway they see fit. Ford at least recognizes the tax money doesn't grow on trees!!.

It was also stated that he and his wife are in councelling.

As I have said I don't condone his actions on a personal basis, but maybe us tax payers would have a few more dollars in our pockets if we had more politicians like Rob Ford.
            WHAT SITS ON MY CLIC-GEAR
            Alpha Golf C830.4 SP700 Plasma 10* Platinum 65 gr
            Alpha Golf Version 5 3wd 15* Platinum 65gr
            Alpha Golf C830 19* Platinum 60 gr
            Alpha C2 Fly 4- G/W Platinum 60 gr
            Snake Eyes 675 WB 54* & 58* FST 90 gr
            Heavy Putter A1 33"
            " The secret is in the dirt "....... Ben Hogan

Comment

Originally posted by hogannut
              Of course presumed guilty and when he is found not guilty no one cares or changes their opinion. HE is as close to an honest politician as you can get. Why do you think he ruffles so many feathers? Because all the other politicians like their perks of spending tax dollars anyway they see fit. Ford at least recognizes the tax money doesn't grow on trees!!.

It was also stated that he and his wife are in councelling.

As I have said I don't condone his actions on a personal basis, but maybe us tax payers would have a few more dollars in our pockets if we had more politicians like Rob Ford.
              I like Rob Ford alot. I like his unconventional straight for the throat attitude. He tells it like it is. Sometimes not too tactfully but I like that style.

Comment

Politicians like Rob Ford don't get to have stellar careers but they are needed to cast a light on the corruption of his fellow politicians.

Comment

Originally posted by hogannut
                  maybe us tax payers would have a few more dollars in our pockets if we had more politicians like Rob Ford.
                  Amen (can I say that, sounds religious?)
                  Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

My understanding of a good politician is one who does not make unilateral decisions, but who surrounds himself with GOOD advice. Our illustrious mayor took Millar's surplus of $375 million, (and I paraphrase from another article as per E. Littlejohn) cancelled Transit City (penalty..$175 million), removed bike lanes (cost $469,000),Bailed out underused Arena $43.4 million), subsidized underused ski lift ($2 million), suggested discontinuation of land transfer tax ($204 million), dropped car registr. tax ($50million). Hired TTC consultant ($100.000), and KPMG ( somewhere between $350,000 and $3 million) Now that's the legacy (and he's only beginning) of our Mayor. A good politician, wise economist..............I think NOT.

Comment

Margaret Atwood is that you!!!! I've always wanted to meet you but I do not know what you look like

Comment

How does someone stumble across a three-year-old thread for their first post?

As the thread-starter, I'd have no objections to this thread being closed. I'm pretty sure we'll find opportunities to debate Ford's merits in newer threads.

Comment

Don't the Ford brothers account for 50% of the fat

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Bear View Post
                            I'm pretty sure we'll find opportunities to debate Ford's merits in newer threads.

All because we have you.

Comment

NEVERMIND ........ old post , so my rant isn't relevent.
                              Last edited by chuckparker; Aug 2, 2011, 08:34 PM. Reason: old post

Comment

Originally posted by Kenatz View Post
                                My understanding of a good politician is one who does not make unilateral decisions, but who surrounds himself with GOOD advice. Our illustrious mayor took Millar's surplus of $375 million, (and I paraphrase from another article as per E. Littlejohn) cancelled Transit City (penalty..$175 million), removed bike lanes (cost $469,000),Bailed out underused Arena $43.4 million), subsidized underused ski lift ($2 million), suggested discontinuation of land transfer tax ($204 million), dropped car registr. tax ($50million). Hired TTC consultant ($100.000), and KPMG ( somewhere between $350,000 and $3 million) Now that's the legacy (and he's only beginning) of our Mayor. A good politician, wise economist..............I think NOT.
                                Wow. You were compelled to join a golf forum and this is your first post?

What I really wanna know is if your prefer plastic golf cups or steel ones?
                                What's in my Bag...
                                TM SuperTri TP 9.5* Accra Dymatch RT M4 50
                                Adams 9033HF 15* Accra Dymatch RT M4 60
                                Adams A12 Pro 22* Accra Dymatch RT M4 70
                                Adams CB2 5-GW E21 5.0
                                Vega Raw 52*,56*,60* KBS Hi-Rev 5.0
                                ScottySelect Newport 2.0 Black 33.50''

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard