Tour Edge Exotics CNC Forged Blades

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tour Edge Exotics CNC Forged Blades

Hey Guys,

I was at the GT on Queensway yesterday and saw they had a the Tour Edge Exotics CNC Forged Blades on sale for $450. I had never seen these before but they look fantastic although I am not sure what makes them a blade. I wasn't able to hit them and I was wondering if anyone here has hit them and can provide soom feedback or comparisons to other irons such as the R7 TP. The soles seemed to be fairly thick but the clubs look great otherwise. HEre is a link... http://www.golf.com/golf/equipment/f...622731,00.html

thanks
    TaylorMade R11S 9* - RIP Phenom 60 Stiff
    Titleist 909F2 15* - Aldila Voodoo Stiff
    Titleist 909H 19* - Diamana Blue Stiff
    Titleist 909H 24* - Project X HD2 6.0
    TM R7 TP 5-AW - TT S300 SL Sensi-core shafts
    Srixon WG-706 54*/58*
    Seemore FGP

Re: Tour Edge Exotics CNC Forged Blades

Sound slike a nice price. Are these the Ex-1's model irons?

The link looks like a nicer iron then the ones I thought were for sale at Golftown.
    Last edited by compugeek; Feb 15, 2009, 02:11 PM.

Comment

They are not the EX-1's I saw. These look like the link. I had never seen them before but they look great. Here is the manufactors link - http://exoticsgolf.com/cnc-forged-iron.html

probably the nicest looking irons I have seen. GT doesn't have them on the website and I only saw them at Queensway
      Srixon WG-706 54*/58*
      Seemore FGP

Comment

they are not the EX1 ....

they kinda remind me of the Nak np1's??

nice looking head .....$450 is a pretty good price for a new forged set of clubs.....cnc milling adds a step to the process so heads with it they typically cost more....

of course it is only a good price if they are the proper fit for you......but even still a good priced set to get retrofitted
        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by compugeek
          Sound slike a nice price. Are these the Ex-1's model irons?

The link looks like a nicer iron then the ones I thought were for sale at Golftown.
          the ex1's are not forged and are more of a game improvement cavity. so if they are what he showed in the link they are the cnc forged model.

here is a guys review from golfreview.com and he even mentions TM TP products as comparison which is what the poster wanted comparison with.

Reviews 1 - 1 (1 Reviews Total)
          Review Date
          May 13, 2008
          Overall Rating
          4 of 5

Value Rating
          5 of 5

Visitors rate this review
          5.00 of 5, 1 votes
          Rate this review?
          5 Highest4321 Lowest Reviewed by: flashman , Shoots in the 80s
          Model Reviewed:
          Tour Edge Exotics CNC Forged blade
          Summary:
          I love these clubs. I had the EX-1 irons and tried the demo "6" iron that you can order from Tour Edge.After hitting the the demo against the cavity back hybrids the Forged blades won out.They sell for about $800.00 retail but you can find them for about half that price on E-bay. These are blades that are very easy to hit and very forgiving on miss-hits. They remind me a lot of my TM 300 Forged.Tour Edge is not a very well known brand but they make quality equipment.
          Customer Service:
          All of my dealings with Tour Edge have been first rate. The online store needs help.
          Similar Products Used:
          All brands of irons. Callaway,Cobra,Snake Eyes,TaylorMade,Adams,Tommy Armour,KZG,Hogan,Cleveland,Lynx,Maxfli,Nike.

Originally posted by Caddy27
          Hey Guys,

I was at the GT on Queensway yesterday and saw they had a the Tour Edge Exotics CNC Forged Blades on sale for $450. I had never seen these before but they look fantastic although I am not sure what makes them a blade. I wasn't able to hit them and I was wondering if anyone here has hit them and can provide soom feedback or comparisons to other irons such as the R7 TP. The soles seemed to be fairly thick but the clubs look great otherwise. HEre is a link... http://www.golf.com/golf/equipment/f...622731,00.html

thanks
          forgot to add, if you dig up a one or two yr old review from golf magazine in their clubtest they reviewed them and for a players iron gave them high marks, i think they picked it overall as best. However i do remember them saying mishits drew severe punishment. I believe their rep is sweet for a good player and not for mid or high hdcp.
          They look similar to a set of tourstage z101's i owned and sold as i just did not have enough game for.
          Last edited by sharkhark; Feb 15, 2009, 02:39 PM. Reason: Automerged posts
          PING CAMO BAG...
          WEAPONS...
          SRIXON ZX5 10.5
          3W TM M2
          HYB 19 deg Callaway Epic
          5-aw Callaway Epic Forged

SW TM Milled Grind 56
          LW TM MILLED GRIND 60

PUTTER Rotation TM Spider Tour, Scotty np2 ,
          3 ball Fang, RIFE TOUR

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I did notice some reviews saying that mishits are fairly punishing. I'm looking for something similar to the new TM tour preferred irons as I like the thinner soles and thin top line and they feel really soft but I just can't justify the $1K for a set of irons at this point. I am about a 12hdcp and my irons are the most inconsistent part of my game. I don't need more distance just distance control I think. GT has the R7 Tp's, Nickent 3DX pro's, the Tour Edges and a few others on sale at the moment. Just going to have to hit them and see what I like best I guess. I tried my friends TP's last year and they were a tad shorter than my X-14 pros but were very accurate.

Thanks again guys.
            Srixon WG-706 54*/58*
            Seemore FGP

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I did notice some reviews saying that mishits are fairly punishing. I'm looking for something similar to the new TM tour preferred irons as I like the thinner soles and thin top line and they feel really soft but I just can't justify the $1K for a set of irons at this point. I am about a 12hdcp and my irons are the most inconsistent part of my game. I don't need more distance just distance control I think. GT has the R7 Tp's, Nickent 3DX pro's, the Tour Edges and a few others on sale at the moment. Just going to have to hit them and see what I like best I guess. I tried my friends TP's last year and they were a tad shorter than my X-14 pros but were very accurate.

Thanks again guys.
              I am a 13 handicap and follow all the old and new irons with great interest. I have much in common with you as iron play is not my strong suit. I am ok but not great. I drive and chip and putt to stay in it.

I know you do not want to pay big bucks and i am usually against the dark side i.e. TM but if you wanted a player type of look, but with good forgiveness the TM tour preferred you mention is outstanding.

The only reason i dislike TM is how often they come out with stuff, but I admit they are good. The tour preferred keeps a thin topline, not too thick bottom and still a slight forgiving cavity. If i got a tm product it would be that one. Reviews are coming in that it is much more forgiving than past TP lines.
              PING CAMO BAG...
              WEAPONS...
              SRIXON ZX5 10.5
              3W TM M2
              HYB 19 deg Callaway Epic

SW TM Milled Grind 56
              LW TM MILLED GRIND 60

3 ball Fang, RIFE TOUR

Comment

I hit the tour-preferreds last weekend in the sim and they were just buttery soft.... best feeling iron I have hit in a long time. I think they look great too. Not a huge fan of TM either with all their stuff rolling over so quickly but I have had a few of their drivers and hybrids which I liked.
                Srixon WG-706 54*/58*
                Seemore FGP

Comment

I hit the tour-preferreds last weekend in the sim and they were just buttery soft.... best feeling iron I have hit in a long time. I think they look great too. Not a huge fan of TM either with all their stuff rolling over so quickly but I have had a few of their drivers and hybrids which I liked.
                  Cool to read your comments on the irons. I have never actually hit them, just liked the looks of them.
                  So nice to read a mini review on them.
                  If my buddy who plays all TM knew that i was getting a burner driver and that i admired those TM TP irons he would freak. Gotta keep it on the downlow.
                  thinking of getting the burner painted to look like a callaway
                  PING CAMO BAG...
                  WEAPONS...
                  SRIXON ZX5 10.5
                  3W TM M2
                  HYB 19 deg Callaway Epic

SW TM Milled Grind 56
                  LW TM MILLED GRIND 60

3 ball Fang, RIFE TOUR

Comment

Try and hit the Tour Edge CNC Forged blades as they look really nice. Not bad even if you change the shafts.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                    X