My Swing - 2 drives

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My Swing - 2 drives

Originally posted by Pubknight View Post
    While this is true, the finish does say a lot about the swing that preceeded it.
    For example, if you can't hold a balanced finish, odds are you were out of balance during your swing, and an out of balance swing is less than optimal.
    Amen.

That was the first of many of my issues when I went for lessons. Off balance finish means your swing isn't repeatable.

WIT SM C130 Cart Bag:
    TM SLDR 10.5*
    TM SLDR 3W & TM V-Steel 5W
    TM Rescue 22*
    4-PW Mix of Mizuno MX-25's and TM RBZ's
    Wedges: Titleist SM 53* & 56*
    Ping Ketch
    Ball: What's on sale?

Comment

One thing about stopping your swing is you don't stop at the end, but partway through your swing. This seems to be shown in the still of my connection. If that isn't the camera playing optical tricks, I started stopping my swing just around impact, allowing me to be at full stop just over shoulder height. When I swing it really doesn't feel that way, but maybe it is happening.

I'll give it some work at the range tonight.
      Callaway Blayne Standbag:
      TaylorMade M1 9.5*
      TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
      TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
      TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
      Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
      5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
      Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
      Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
      Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

Originally posted by Leftygolfer30 View Post
        Amen.

That was the first of many of my issues when I went for lessons. Off balance finish means your swing isn't repeatable.
        Of course it is, you are repeatability off balance
        TaylorMade M1 9.5*
        TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
        Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs View Post
          No we want to talk about early release now....usually happens when you are younger, but as you get older it's not as bad.
          When you're older, ANY release is a good thing. Just ask Tom...

WIT SM C130 Cart Bag:
          TM SLDR 10.5*
          TM Rescue 22*
          Ping Ketch

Comment

Originally posted by SeanFTW View Post
            forget the trackman, forget the distance dispute. You're now getting side by side comparisons with a long hitting Tour pro with a seemingly similar build, showing the differences in the two swings, and you're complaining?? Isn't this what you wanted? If you want more consistency and more distance, get yourself in the same positions as JB Holmes in these pictures.
            No, no complaints. Just do the comparison without being all "you didn't hit it this far and this is why!" I know what I hit and thats what matters to me. The comparos help and will give me something to strive for, it's all the negative garbage that isn't needed. I am honestly amazed, surprised and feeling pretty good I am getting direct comparisons with some of the best drivers on tour. I just don't appreciate being belittled by some during it.

I golfed with someone from here and they said something to the tune of, "unless you only hit 220 off the tee, never mention it on TGN, you will never hear the end of it", thats paraphrased obviously, but it was a solid tip, and even if I go out tomorrow and drive a Par 5 in 1, there won't be a peep of it. You guys sucked the fun out of my favourite part of golf.
            TaylorMade M1 9.5*
            TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
            Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

Originally posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
              No, no complaints. Just do the comparison without being all "you didn't hit it this far and this is why!" I know what I hit and thats what matters to me. The comparos help and will give me something to strive for, it's all the negative garbage that isn't needed. I am honestly amazed, surprised and feeling pretty good I am getting direct comparisons with some of the best drivers on tour. I just don't appreciate being belittled by some during it.

I golfed with someone from here and they said something to the tune of, "unless you only hit 220 off the tee, never mention it on TGN, you will never hear the end of it", thats paraphrased obviously, but it was a solid tip, and even if I go out tomorrow and drive a Par 5 in 1, there won't be a peep of it. You guys sucked the fun out of my favourite part of golf.
              Sounds like you were warned and then started your thread anyway...

WIT SM C130 Cart Bag:
              TM SLDR 10.5*
              TM Rescue 22*
              Ping Ketch

Comment

I was hoping he was wrong...
                TaylorMade M1 9.5*
                TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
                Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

Originally posted by Pubknight View Post
                  While this is true, the finish does say a lot about the swing that preceeded it.
                  For example, if you can't hold a balanced finish, odds are you were out of balance during your swing, and an out of balance swing is less than optimal.
                  Bingo! Thank you very much.

Comment

[/QUOTE]

There are huge differences between these 2.

Originally posted by racmbs View Post
                    John at Fairtree?
                    I only know one guy longer than Fairtree.

Comment

Kess, i don't know why you think I was that bad.

Ever been on a Trackman? I went home crying the day I found out swinging out of my shoes produced an avg total drive of 270, tops.

Then it began making sense on a course.

And I focused on iron play. Wouldn't you know it 2" shorter driver and a focus change later i went from a 13 index to an 7.6. (Course caps of 15 down to 8-9 ish.)

Nick pointed out in a pic what I tried to express in a post before.

I will flat out admit I was once in your shoes.

Ask Bern, he filled in a spot in scramble with my uncle and buddy. I bet he went home laughing at me and my claims too. A LOT's changed since that day... He also got
                      Me on the 9015D. Cause I went home wondering how the little guy hit a few past my "325" drives that day. Then again he was quick to point out it was a 275 and ____ left to the hole. :-S. out went the 6.5 driver to fetch all the rollout... Heck at one point I thought I was XXXstiff and 5* 50" worthy. Lmao.

The trackman being a big factor. I am telling you. I thought I was a 310 guy. NOPE! Couldnt bust the 280 mark, and that was with the "optimal" fitted driver. And a very reputable Class A fitter at Callaway flat out said to me no amount of fitting will have me any longer. I was maxed out. Then began more gym (even though no matter what, I'm fat, just less so.). And better mechanics. End of story. And then ended the claims. Foot in mouth, ego torn. But why would the simulators and scorecards lie to me?

Swing speed wise, I'm not an X stiff. But I play them for increased dispersion. Might not be a bad idea. I'm sure you can still poke it out there better than the norm, don't get me wrong.

And then the kicker was playing courses 7000+ yards. Like Black Diamond from the very back tips.

Sure driver was OK at 270ish. But god damn I suck at 200+ yard par 3's or hitting 4-5 irons into par 4's. Wow, so you mean I didn't drive 325 and left myself a lob wedge?

Sorry if I came off as arse, but I assure you I've been there, and the best cure is learning real
                      Numbers, pro advice and much better consistent ball striking. Trying to
                      Bomb longer and lob wedge it all.... Yeah it wasn't the best idea. And the long driver shafts and aggressive swaps, well, those were the strokes over par.

Let's hit up a round. And I don't mean it in a cocky way. I'll be the first guy back foot in mouth on here when I pace 30 yards ahead of mine. And if it rarely is, then we can laugh it off regardless.

It's not my style to be a jerk. But being in the industry i've seen the pros swing, and the competing amateurs. I mean a guy who can really bomb and swing at 126mph, but game a 115 and shoots 2 under. Still clocks em 310+.

I'm sure the Dalewood invite was very much the same. The same bunch of "Rudes"
                      Put me in line a few years back with my outlandish gear and advice claims etc.

Get on a trackman or flightscope. High fives to you if you do move it out there, because there's room for more. Reality bites though, and seeing it can really drive you to push your game forward and beyond just driving long.

It really is drive for show, snipe & putt for dough.
                      Last edited by FATZ; May 4, 2012, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftygolfer30 View Post
                        When you're older, ANY release is a good thing. Just ask Tom...
                        ..well said

Comment

Originally posted by P25
                          Please point to a comment by anyone that warrants your threat.
                          I looked through 9 pages and there were so many I lost count. Today is the end.
                          In The Ogio
                          Driver - Titleist 910 w/Diamana 'ilima
                          Fairway Woods - Titleist 980F 3 & 5 w/Speeder
                          Hybrids - Titleist 910 H w/Diamana Kal'li
                          Irons - Wilson FG Tour V2 w/KBS Tours
                          Wedges - Wilson FG Tours w/TT DG SPinners
                          Putter - Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum
                          MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2018 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by DASSMan View Post
                            One other thing that seems to be missed is the early release. These two pics side by side show the incorrect and correct impacts.

Notice the shaft bend on KS's impact? The shaft has been completely unload before hitting the ball. I'm extremely surprised he's not pulling duck hooks with that and even more surprised he's smacking it 290.
                            Early release? If Hands lead the handle, how is that early release?

Comment

Shaft unloads early, as a result the lag unloads earlier.

You'll notice the JB shot has much less shaft distortion at impact and there's still lag and extension to come through it. Whereas Kess let some of the stored power go by impact.

I suffer from it too, moreso with irons than anything. Very short with irons.

If Kess stored it a touch longer, where the hips turn with the onloading, assuming he'd catch sweet spot. He'd get more mayo on it.

Early release is usually simply someone who hits at the ball, not through it.

Grip a driver upside down grip at the ground. Swing. Swoosh sound should be after contact, not before.

Personally I use a broom handle as coordinating that weight and length is a bit of a workout in it's self. But I've coached a tempo based on the swoosh and speed through impact. Not before. Now add a balanced full finish. Ia there better than Rory right now for that???
                              Last edited by FATZ; May 4, 2012, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pix40
                                Mule why did you not delete post 204/206 as 'thread crap' as well?
                                Because I'm sick and tried of the off topic comments. If you need to ask me again use a PM.
                                In The Ogio
                                Driver - Titleist 910 w/Diamana 'ilima
                                Fairway Woods - Titleist 980F 3 & 5 w/Speeder
                                Hybrids - Titleist 910 H w/Diamana Kal'li
                                Irons - Wilson FG Tour V2 w/KBS Tours
                                Wedges - Wilson FG Tours w/TT DG SPinners
                                Putter - Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum
                                MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2018 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X