Putter Topline Alignment Dot

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putter Topline Alignment Dot

Good Evening Fellow Golf Nuts,

Who in the GTA can add a topline alignment dot with paintfill to a new putter?

Just picked up tonight from Dan's Custom Golf Shop, I really love the look, feel and weight of my new Maltby Accusite ASP2 Blade Putter, customized with a UST Mamiya Frequency Filtered shaft, a WinnPro X 1.18 grip in black/red, and 2 stainless steel 15 gram weights. Thank you, Dan!

Just one tiny problem ... it only has a horizontal line.

Ideally, this new dream putter would look like this ...

Thanks!

Re: Putter Topline Alignment Dot

I'd have one or the other, but not both. The combo in white is too strong and distracting.

but it's an easy DIY

buy a center punch at any hardware, and punch the dot mark.
    The punch mark doesn't have to be large, just deep enough for the paint to have a seat.
    IMHO, if I was to keep the white line, I'd make it a red coloured dot.
    things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Any machine shop should be able to do it.

Comment

I have used nail polish and stencil kit It's easily removable if you don't like
        I find that the putter head itself is alignment tool. I don't need all the sight line for now

Comment

Originally posted by dlam View Post
          I have used nail polish and stencil kit It's easily removable if you don't like
          I find that the putter head itself is alignment tool. I don't need all the sight line for now
          Try this first.

You can also nail polish the sight Line black to see how that looks...
          Titleist 915 D2
          Titleist 915 F
          Wishon 929 F
          Wishon 775 Hybrid
          PING i5 Irons
          PING Tour S Rustique 52*
          PING Anser 56*
          PING Glide ES 60*
          MannKrafted Rattler XL
          MannKrafted Midwave
          SGC 902 Custom

Comment

I been using a naked putter and notice I been lacking confidence in my left to right breaking putts
            I added a sight line to the topline on my putter and focus on that spot on my backstroke and it seem to help me make more putts
            I generally don't look at the putter during my stroke but for those types of breakers I think it helps

Comment

Originally posted by DavidD View Post
              Good Evening Fellow Golf Nuts,

Who in the GTA can add a topline alignment dot with paintfill to a new putter?

Just picked up tonight from Dan's Custom Golf Shop, I really love the look, feel and weight of my new Maltby Accusite ASP2 Blade Putter, customized with a UST Mamiya Frequency Filtered shaft, a WinnPro X 1.18 grip in black/red, and 2 stainless steel 15 gram weights. Thank you, Dan!

Just one tiny problem ... it only has a horizontal line.

Ideally, this new dream putter would look like this ...

Thanks!
              go back to Dan, should be a piece of cake .

Comment

Why didnt you ask Dan to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Technician7179 View Post
                  Why didnt you ask Dan to do?
                  I did, but he declined the job. So I took it to Jeff Shuster who added a second smaller line which has worked well.
                  Attached Files

Comment

How do you find that putter performs. I've heard good things.

Comment

a dot would have made it into an iputter.
                      things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post
                        How do you find that putter performs. I've heard good things.
                        It's been a great addition to my bag. As soft of a feel as I've ever hit! The increased weights were a huge selling point as well. Truth be told: my dream putter is a Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 in black. For more than less than half the price, Dan beautifully custom built and fit this for me. The UST Mamiya putter shaft is a bit of a gimmick, I think, but it a great conversation piece on the practice green and it gives me a ton of confidence. I demoed all the ACCRA putter shafts at Dan's shop last March and honestly couldn't tell the difference between them. For about a third of the price of an ACCRA, I got the UST. And now with the top line, I'm all set for many years to come ... or at least that's what wifey has told me!
                        Last edited by DavidD; Jan 23, 2017, 09:49 PM. Reason: Wrong month detail

Comment

Originally posted by DavidD View Post
                          It's been a great addition to my bag. As soft of a feel as I've ever hit! The increased weights were a huge selling point as well. Truth be told: my dream putter is a Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 in black. For more than less than half the price, Dan beautifully custom built and fit this for me. The UST Mamiya putter shaft is a bit of a gimmick, I think, but it a great conversation piece on the practice green and it gives me a ton of confidence. I demoed all the ACCRA putter shafts at Dan's shop last March and honestly couldn't tell the difference between them. For about a third of the price of an ACCRA, I got the UST. And now with the top line, I'm all set for many years to come ... or at least that's what wifey has told me!
                          Thanks for the encouraging write up on this putter. I will get some paint so if in the future if I am asked about this you can be sure I will be able to accommodate. Sorry that I was not prepared at the time you asked. I had never been approached on this and was hesitant, but I am confident that I can meet these needs in the future.
                          Regards
                          Dan

True Length Technology TM
                          Awarded 'Best New Fitting Idea - 2007 AGCP'
                          True Frequency Technology TM
                          - Developer / Owner

Maltby Clubmaking Academy
                          - Master
                          Golf Clubmakers Association (GCA)
                          - Advanced / Professional
                          Professional Clubmakers Society (PCS)
                          - Class 'A'