Collapse

Barbados golf club

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbados golf club

Making the trip down to Barbados in a few weeks. Has anyone played Barbados golf club recently? just curious about conditions and what the course is like? Sandy Lane is a bit above my pay grade so we'll keep it around 100usd

Re: Barbados golf club

Originally posted by spinaltap View Post
    Making the trip down to Barbados in a few weeks. Has anyone played Barbados golf club recently? just curious about conditions and what the course is like? Sandy Lane is a bit above my pay grade so we'll keep it around 100usd
    Played it last year around this time and the greens were ridiculously furry. I would expect they would not be as bad now though. Not a bad layout and it really is your only realistic option for your price point. Sandy Lane (Green Monkey), Royal Westmoreland and Apes Hill are really nice tracks (if you can get on them) but not worth the mortgage payment you need to pay to get on them imho.

Comment

Sixteen of the eighteen greens were redone over the course last year with paspalam. As you know 9 and 18 share the same green, which is the only one not done.
      I just spoke to a friend there and was told there are rolling well.

Comment

Go to Barbados every year. Usually play Royal Westmoreland, Apes Hill and Barbados Golf club.
        Like them in that order.
        We usually stay at The Colony Club in St. James parish so Barbados golf club is about an hour away. RW and Apes is a good en minute drive at most.
        Barbados golf club greens are always furry and fairways dry. They do have a 3 and 5 day package. Maybe even a 7 day package as well. Not sure.
        They layout is decent and the staff friendly. The beers are cheap and the weather great. Always enjoy it.
        RW and Apes Hill are actually closer to US$200($175 maybe) and with the exchange rate not sure if I want to play. I'll be down there end of February. Let's see if I'm tempted to play.
        Driver -Titleist 913 Diamana D+ 72 x5ct S shaft
        Metal woods - 13* Titleist 980F Strong 3
        Hybrid - 19 * and 21*Titleist 585H
        Irons - Titleist AP2 712 5-PW
        SW - 56* Titleist Vokey Spin Mill
        GW - 52* Titleist Vokey Spin Mill
        Cleveland 588 60* Lob wedge
        Putter _ Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1.5
        Bag- Titleist
        Ball - Pro-V1x or Bridgestone B330 RX

NOTHING GREAT WAS EVER ACHIEVED WITHOUT ENTHUSIASM

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I've been to the island 4 previous times but this is the first time I'll be golfing. As much as I'd like to play multiple times during this trip I don't think my wife will appreciate my absence from her side at our usual spot on the beach

Comment

Where are you staying?
            Driver -Titleist 913 Diamana D+ 72 x5ct S shaft
            Metal woods - 13* Titleist 980F Strong 3
            Hybrid - 19 * and 21*Titleist 585H
            Irons - Titleist AP2 712 5-PW
            SW - 56* Titleist Vokey Spin Mill
            GW - 52* Titleist Vokey Spin Mill
            Cleveland 588 60* Lob wedge
            Putter _ Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1.5
            Bag- Titleist
            Ball - Pro-V1x or Bridgestone B330 RX

NOTHING GREAT WAS EVER ACHIEVED WITHOUT ENTHUSIASM

Comment

You guys are killing me with this thread. My wife and I went to Barbados for five consecutive years a while back. Ice cold Banks beer, catamaran trips and the flying fish, snorkelling off the west coast, the fish, OMG, the fish .. at Oistens, the fish cakes, the Doubles. The rum shacks. Mac pie!!! And the women. Brazil ain't got nothing on Bajan women. Sadly, never played golf there, so will have to return some day soon.
              – Greg

Comment

I miss the smell, sight, and sound of Barbados. Went once a year since 2008 till 2015 except for one year. When I step in Massy Supermarket at Sunset Crest in Holetown, it is like I never left.

Played Barbados GC once, it was passable, especially considering the cost, but don't expect to be wowed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
                  I miss the smell, sight, and sound of Barbados. Went once a year since 2008 till 2015 except for one year. When I step in Massy Supermarket at Sunset Crest in Holetown, it is like I never left.

Played Barbados GC once, it was passable, especially considering the cost, but don't expect to be wowed.
                  we're staying at the hilton, for the price it's just right. Again, it's nothing to be wowed about but I do find the beach there to be one of the better ones associated with any of the hotels/resorts on the island. We've also stayed at OceanTwo which is a bit more of a condo style living on the island. Would have loved to have stayed there again but the prices never dropped like I had expected

Comment

Originally posted by synergy View Post
                    You guys are killing me with this thread. My wife and I went to Barbados for five consecutive years a while back. Ice cold Banks beer, catamaran trips and the flying fish, snorkelling off the west coast, the fish, OMG, the fish .. at Oistens, the fish cakes, the Doubles. The rum shacks. Mac pie!!! And the women. Brazil ain't got nothing on Bajan women. Sadly, never played golf there, so will have to return some day soon.
                    I sincerely apologize for starting a thread that would result in jealousy and anger But then again, I'm sorry, but not sorry

Oh the banks beer and the fish fry. And nothing beats a 10 dollar rum tour with at least 5 samples of rum to taste from at 10am

Comment

I just got back from the island a couple of days ago. Didn't even bother bringing the sticks. Golf is too expensive there. I've been a few times and only ever golfed once, playing Rockley (an executive 9 hole course around $50USD) and Barbados Golf Club ($100USD). Rockley is terrible..Barbados Golf Club is nothing to write home about. Haven't played the others as they are big bucks, but in hindsight, should have skipped playing those two and saved up for one round at Royal Westmoreland or Apes Hill.
                      WITB:
                      Driver: Cleveland Classic 290(Miyazaki)
                      3W: Callaway XR Pro 3 Deep 14* (Diamana 70 I'Lima)
                      2H: Adams Pro Gold(Matrix Ozik Altus)
                      4-PW: Callaway X-Prototype (Aerotech Steelfiber I95)
                      56: Callaway X-Forged (Dynamic Gold)
                      60: Callaway X-Forged (Rifle Spinner)
                      Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Mid Slant Pro Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by Special_K View Post
                        I just got back from the island a couple of days ago. Didn't even bother bringing the sticks. Golf is too expensive there. I've been a few times and only ever golfed once, playing Rockley (an executive 9 hole course around $50USD) and Barbados Golf Club ($100USD). Rockley is terrible..Barbados Golf Club is nothing to write home about. Haven't played the others as they are big bucks, but in hindsight, should have skipped playing those two and saved up for one round at Royal Westmoreland or Apes Hill.
                        How was the island otherwise? I'm not expecting anything special from Barbados golf club, just trying to get some of my golf obsession controlled over the winter months. Truth be told my father in law got a discount for us so we'll only be paying about 67 USD with cart and club rental

Comment

we're staying at the hilton, for the price it's just right. Again, it's nothing to be wowed about but I do find the beach there to be one of the better ones associated with any of the hotels/resorts on the island. We've also stayed at OceanTwo which is a bit more of a condo style living on the island. Would have loved to have stayed there again but the prices never dropped like I had expected
                          If you go there often, I strongly recommend renting a villa close to the beach at the Platinum Coast. They typically come with a cook, a maid, a house keeper and sometimes a butler. They can grocery shop for you and prepare whatever meals you wish to have.

If you do some math, it is not that much more than staying at a hotel or resort. In return, you get the freedom, the privacy, and the pampering. You don't have to: worry about your room key, make yourself presentable when you head out of your room, and keeping an eye on your belongings when you are at the pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
                            If you go there often, I strongly recommend renting a villa close to the beach at the Platinum Coast. They typically come with a cook, a maid, a house keeper and sometimes a butler. They can grocery shop for you and prepare whatever meals you wish to have.

If you do some math, it is not that much more than staying at a hotel or resort. In return, you get the freedom, the privacy, and the pampering. You don't have to: worry about your room key, make yourself presentable when you head out of your room, and keeping an eye on your belongings when you are at the pool.
                            If you can PM me some of the information on which villas you've stayed at that would be great. Wouldn't mind taking a drive and checking them out one day just to give me and the wife more options in the future

Comment

How was the island otherwise? I'm not expecting anything special from Barbados golf club, just trying to get some of my golf obsession controlled over the winter months. Truth be told my father in law got a discount for us so we'll only be paying about 67 USD with cart and club rental
                              Island is great! Locals are super friendly and it's quite safe. I also love how each coast and area of the island is different. Beaches are all accessible...no such thing as a private beach there. Nothing is cheap there though, except the beer and rum. I've been a few times as I married a woman whose family is from there. Weather is pretty awesome there of course...it was quite a shocker coming home to these frigid temps. It is too bad I didn't scratch my golf itch though.
                              WITB:
                              Driver: Cleveland Classic 290(Miyazaki)
                              3W: Callaway XR Pro 3 Deep 14* (Diamana 70 I'Lima)
                              2H: Adams Pro Gold(Matrix Ozik Altus)
                              4-PW: Callaway X-Prototype (Aerotech Steelfiber I95)
                              56: Callaway X-Forged (Dynamic Gold)
                              60: Callaway X-Forged (Rifle Spinner)
                              Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Mid Slant Pro Platinum

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X