Collapse

Electric Trolley

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Trolley

Anybody using one? I have a Spitzer R5 Digital. These are becoming so popular and lot of private clubs are renting them now.

Re: Electric Trolley

Originally posted by Spot View Post
    Anybody using one? I have a Spitzer R5 Digital. These are becoming so popular and lot of private clubs are renting them now.
    MyGolfSpy did a review but that was over 5 years ago, any ways here it is:

Spitzer R5 Digital Remote Control Golf Cart– REVIEW An Official MyGolfSpy.com Review http://www.spitzerproducts.com/R5_DIGITAL_Remote_Control_Golf_Cart_p/rcgt005.htm Raising The Bar On The Traditional Push Cart As you know from my previous reviews, I am a huge fan of push carts. I appreciate th...
    Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

I bought the XR9 from Par Caddy in Barrie and couldn't be happier with the performance, a real ease to use on the course, great service by Mike and would highly recommend the unit to anyone looking and a fraction of the cost of other caddies that are not even built as solid as the one I have,..
      Thomas4golf

Ping G425 Max/Tensei AV Orange
      Callaway XR Hybrids, 4, 5, 6 Accra I-Series
      Miura TC-201 / 6 - PW N.S. Pro 950 GH
      Callaway Jaws Raw /50* 54* 58* N.S. Modus
      Ferrules by Bbandfco

Putter / Ping Prime Tyne 4
      Pro V1x Left Dash
      Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Vessel Player 111 Stand Bag / Black
      Stewart X9

Member: Coppinwood Golf Club

Comment

I really did like mine but no remote was kind of annoying. I would go back to one only if it had a remote. Yea it is 5 min more work before and after the round but well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by hannah View Post
          I bought the XR9 from Par Caddy in Barrie and couldn't be happier with the performance, a real ease to use on the course, great service by Mike and would highly recommend the unit to anyone looking and a fraction of the cost of other caddies that are not even built as solid as the one I have,..
          Yeah, but I'm sure they really look forward to seeing you everyday when they have to load it on to the truck to go up the hill!!
          Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by hannah View Post
            How much was yours?

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor59 View Post
              I really did like mine but no remote was kind of annoying. I would go back to one only if it had a remote. Yea it is 5 min more work before and after the round but well worth it.
              Mine is with remote and love controlling it where ever I want it to go, I also keep mind at the club so no worries there, advantage of belonging to a place I guess, it's out for my tee time and put away after the day is over, getting spoiled

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
              Yeah, but I'm sure they really look forward to seeing you everyday when they have to load it on to the truck to go up the hill!!
              It's very easy, no trouble at all, I take one end and the guy takes the other end and we lift, not heavy at all, not much choice,

How much was yours?
              I traded in my last one for the better one so the price I paid was a little different, but I believe they retail with Lithium battery is approx. $1400 plus tax but order now and Mike will give you a better deal, so much worth the price with the remote, I am very happy and I looked at everyone and this was the biggest bang for the $$$,
              Last edited by hannah; Jan 7, 2017, 11:56 AM.
              Thomas4golf

Ferrules by Bbandfco

Pro V1x Left Dash
              Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Stewart X9

Comment

I want one but I'm holding out for a Stewart Golf X9 Follow or a Caddy Trek R2.

Comment

Originally posted by triniexr View Post
                  I want one but I'm holding out for a Stewart Golf X9 Follow or a Caddy Trek R2.
                  I have an X7 and I would stay away from X9 Follow. You need to keep an eye on them because gravity on slopes wins out too often over the remote signal. The other factor is that the X9 can tip right over and break the handle going up steep slopes. Handle is quite fragile. I learned the hard way that you need to keep a Stewart in front and close enough to grab. I also put ballast in the front end.

Comment

Originally posted by Galted View Post
                    I have an X7 and I would stay away from X9 Follow. You need to keep an eye on them because gravity on slopes wins out too often over the remote signal. The other factor is that the X9 can tip right over and break the handle going up steep slopes. Handle is quite fragile. I learned the hard way that you need to keep a Stewart in front and close enough to grab. I also put ballast in the front end.
                    Hmmmm interesting. So the Caddy Trek would be a better unit.

Comment

I have had a Bat Kaddy X4R for the past 2 years with over 200+ rounds and it has worked flawlessly. Very light and both clubs and cart fold up nicely to fit in the back of my X1 without having to fold down seats, which to me is a big bonus. If need any parts, everything is in stock in Oakville and arrive next day. Had to buy a new tire tread which was strictly due to wear.
                      - Vessel Cart Bag
                      - Callaway Rogue ST Max LS driver
                      - Callaway UW 17° & 21°
                      - Callaway Apex TCB irons (5-AW)
                      - Callaway Full Toe 54 & 58 wedges
                      - Toulon Chicago putter

Comment

Originally posted by triniexr View Post
                        Hmmmm interesting. So the Caddy Trek would be a better unit.
                        Not necessarily, the regular X9 is very reliable (new name for X7). You just have to avoid situations where it might get away from you or tip. My handle has broken three times but that was by back shop who tried to drag it by the fragile handle. It is not intuitive to others that the handle is not really to be used other than very gently. So don't leave it where others might want to move it out of the way. Without remote, it can't be moved without knowing how to release the wheels.

I had a Lectronic Kaddy before and it was not reliable enough to use in Florida where there is no support. You can order parts for X7 to do most things yourself, such as changing handle or wheels. I don't think I have ever seen a Caddy Trek.

Comment

I was given a LectroCaddy MX-9 a couple of years ago and it's a brute. Never tips and if I put a plow on it I could clear my driveway. Remote control is excellent.

The only issue is that it doesn't fold...you dismantle it and put in your trunk.

https://kaddy.com/products/dyna-steer

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy3864 View Post
                            I have had a Bat Kaddy X4R for the past 2 years with over 200+ rounds and it has worked flawlessly. Very light and both clubs and cart fold up nicely to fit in the back of my X1 without having to fold down seats, which to me is a big bonus. If need any parts, everything is in stock in Oakville and arrive next day. Had to buy a new tire tread which was strictly due to wear.
                            The XR9 I bought from Par Caddy in Barrie is identical to the bat caddie X4R, it cost approx. $300 less , I just got my new one in Oct and the few rounds I put on it I was extremely happy with it, I looked at the X4R from Bat Caddie and I found no difference between them other than the XR9 was cheaper and I really like the service I got from Mike in Barrie, the Stewart was just too much $$$$ and I couldn't justify that expense with Hannah in her 2nd year at university ,
                            Thomas4golf

Ferrules by Bbandfco

Pro V1x Left Dash
                            Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Stewart X9

Comment

LOVE my cart. Battery easily lasts 36 holes, could push it for another 9 if I really tried but usually can't handle it as I'm gassed . Plenty of options to add storage, folds up nicely to fit in the back of my car and even have myself a fancy storage bag to keep my trunk clean and organized.

Fits a carry and cart bag with ease, also has an attachment so you can put your tour bag on if you have one. They also make a B3 that's designed for this cart, the newest one is a big improvement over last years.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X