Anyone boycotting US travel

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Anyone boycotting US travel

Originally posted by pendlebg View Post
    I am travelling back from Atlanta to Toronto today after spending the week working with a NASCAR sponsor company the entire week. In 4 days not one person has made a single reference to Trump or politics to me or amongst themselves when I have been present.
    Because they're all still in shock from the Falcons collapse.

Comment

Originally posted by vermin40 View Post
      You forget I had already won a 12-1 bet with Chambo so betting you even money was just for fun as there is little in life more satisfying than taking money from the righteously smug.
      There's no "eous" in rightly
      What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
      TM Rescue 17*
      TM M2 4-AW
      TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
      Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

You forget I had already won a 12-1 bet with Chambo so betting you even money was just for fun as there is little in life more satisfying than taking money from the righteously smug.
        HeHe . . . don't drag me into your arguments . . .
        If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post
          There's no "eous" in rightly
          That's most righteously of you.

things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post
            HeHe . . . don't drag me into your arguments . . .
            Sorry pal....It wasn't a shot. I probably should have said "that guy whose name escapes me from up near the Arctic circle."

Comment

Sorry pal....It wasn't a shot. I probably should have said "that guy whose name escapes me from up near the Arctic circle."
              That is a lot better . . .
              If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Originally posted by 68shark View Post
                Any other possible reason? I am curious. I do know that if you mention going for business purpose, for example, you had best be very careful as that results in another layer of questions and you may be rejected if it appears you may be doing some sort of work without the proper visa. I'm just wanting to understand if there's any other possible reason beyond skin colour and name. I hope there is some other justification.
                It is possible. Consider this though. He is the only one out of a group of six or eight sent who was questioned at this level and rejected.
                In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
                and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

Originally posted by Fredk View Post
                  It is possible. Consider this though. He is the only one out of a group of six or eight sent who was questioned at this level and rejected.
                  Interesting info. Thanks. Was this after Trump's "ban"?

Comment

Muhammad Ali is detained by airport security. The US have gone full retard.

Comment

Flew to PHX for 4 days of golf. 7 brown guys. Absolutely no trouble at the border.

Comment

Originally posted by hemants View Post
                        Flew to PHX for 4 days of golf. 7 brown guys. Absolutely no trouble at the border.
                        Lucky you!

I wonder if this woman is going to keep trying.

She was stopped for 4 hours in December due to a computer glitch and told to come back the next day. She got a hotel for the night, came back the next morning and got in with no problems.

She and friends tried to go again on Sunday. This time she was held for 5 hours, questioned, fingerprinted and denied entry. She was told she would have to get an immigrant visa - an odd requirement for a Canadian citizen born in Montreal.

Her friends were not questioned. It may be noteworthy that they are white and she is brown.

After two bad experiences, wasting money on a hotel room, and being detained for 9 hours.... do you think she'll go again?

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canadia...visa-1.3313119

Update: Apparently she WILL try again as she's already got 2 upcoming events in the US planned and (partially) paid for. She signed some sort of document acknowledging she's an immigrant - even though she isn't. I thought that was a mistake, but she may have thought it better to play along than to get further notes on her file. She went up to Ottawa to get the immigrant visa they told her she must get, but the US embassy refused to give her one since.... wait for it.... she isn't an immigrant.
                        Last edited by Ignatius Reilly; Mar 7, 2017, 12:12 PM.
                        "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                        ...Iggy

Comment

I went through customs at Ottawa airport Sunday night. No issues and nothing different than previous trips.
                          MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

I'm off to Alabama next week for some golf. Looking forward to picking up a MAGA hat while I'm there.
                            ----
                            Long Live the Patriarchy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
                              Lucky you!

I wonder if this woman is going to keep trying.

She was stopped for 4 hours in December due to a computer glitch and told to come back the next day. She got a hotel for the night, came back the next morning and got in with no problems.

She and friends tried to go again on Sunday. This time she was held for 5 hours, questioned, fingerprinted and denied entry. She was told she would have to get an immigrant visa - an odd requirement for a Canadian citizen born in Montreal.

Her friends were not questioned. It may be noteworthy that they are white and she is brown.

After two bad experiences, wasting money on a hotel room, and being detained for 9 hours.... do you think she'll go again?

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canadia...visa-1.3313119

Update: Apparently she WILL try again as she's already got 2 upcoming events in the US planned and (partially) paid for. She signed some sort of document acknowledging she's an immigrant - even though she isn't. I thought that was a mistake, but she may have thought it better to play along than to get further notes on her file. She went up to Ottawa to get the immigrant visa they told her she must get, but the US embassy refused to give her one since.... wait for it.... she isn't an immigrant.
                              Trump will be gone one day. Her file isn't going anywhere and she has lied to them about her status. Could turn out to be one of those things that seemed like a good idea at the time. Probably not.

Comment

Will you be on the coast? If so, I know one Canadian who'd play with you. Beware, though. He's left of center on social issues.

Originally posted by bk51 View Post
                                I'm off to Alabama next week for some golf. Looking forward to picking up a MAGA hat while I'm there.
                                This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X