Anyone boycotting US travel

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Anyone boycotting US travel

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post
    Everything is showing less tourist $$ this year in the USA. He said indicators of interest in visiting the United States, including online searches for airline tickets and hotels, started dropping after the election. They dipped again after Mr. Trump’s inauguration and fell further after he signed an executive order on the travel ban.
    He said the annual number of foreign visitors to the United States could fall by 6.3 million between 2016 and 2018.
    Sounds like Trump's plan is working for his goals, less visitors less people to screen.
    Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post
      Everything is showing less tourist $$ this year in the USA.

He said indicators of interest in visiting the United States, including online searches for airline tickets and hotels, started dropping after the election. They dipped again after Mr. Trump’s inauguration and fell further after he signed an executive order on the travel ban.

He said the annual number of foreign visitors to the United States could fall by 6.3 million between 2016 and 2018.
      I still think that's more to do with the dollar than Trump.
      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
        It seems to be more about Europeans . . .
        If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Went to Honolulu for 8 nights, just came back this morning. Some United Airlines cheap deals via Chicago. No issues whatsoever with respect to immigration. Travelling with 2 kids possibly help.

Comment

From the CBC today:
            "Refusals of Canadians at American land crossings dropped 8.5 per cent between October and the end of February compared with the same five-month period a year earlier, according to U.S. government statistics."
            In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
            and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post

Totally agree, however I still go to buffalo because regardless of the dollar, the deals are too great to refuse.
              In the bag:
              -TaylorMade R15 driver/ aldila nv 2kxv 65g x-stiff
              -Cleveland Classic 3 Wood strong 14*
              -TaylorMade Burner 2.0 5-PW irons
              -Nike Vr 58, 54, 52 deg. wedge
              -Custom milled putter from 303SS

Comment

Originally posted by Fredk View Post
                From the CBC today:
                "Refusals of Canadians at American land crossings dropped 8.5 per cent between October and the end of February compared with the same five-month period a year earlier, according to U.S. government statistics."
                you probably want to post the whole article as that quote is not telling the whole story.
                MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
                  you probably want to post the whole article as that quote is not telling the whole story.
                  The article is there for anyone to find. Its conclusion is "its complicated".

Rejections as a percentage of travelers is down.

Since we don't get a breakdown on why people are being rejected, nor a lot of other details, we don't really know if things have changed.

I just found it interesting that rejections have not changed much since the new administration has come to power.

Since this is only Canada/US travel, we have no idea how things are going over all. Could be a completely different story at the Mexican border.

It is still within the realm of possibility that crazy always happened at the border, we just didn't hear about it until recently.
                  In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
                  and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

Originally posted by jburns View Post
                    I was down for March Break and no problems at all. Good ol' Nexus card over and back and didn't spend more then 5 minutes in line. All the others line were rocking as well... just as quick as the Nexus line.

I wanted to stop by the Lakeland Florida gun show with 40,000 vendors but my wife was terrified of the idea. I thought it would be a neat glimpse into the American Spirit!

Anyway... The USA was the exact same as all the other times I've been there in my life. Take away the media machine and I assume nobody would know the difference from one President to the next.
                    Agreed. I went to Miami for a cruise a week ahead of your trip. I have Nexus, my g/f does not. We both flew through customs quickly. No problem at all. Same old USA for me. Can't wait to head to Myrtle in early May.

Comment

I have to agree about recent travel. I had no issues.

Other than CNN has turned into the Trump network.
                      Still getting the hang of this game!

In the Ogio Atlas for riding or Ogio Vaporlite for carrying:

Ping G2 with HOT PINK Grafalloy Bimatrix
                      Srixon W-403 AD 5 wood
                      Nike 23 degree hybrid
                      Ping eye2+ irons 5-PW
                      Cleveland CG14 Gunmetal 52, 56
                      Bronze Ping Anser 3 with Tigershark grip

Comment

I missed out on sunshine vacations this past winter so I can't wait for summer to come. We went to Hong Kong, Japan and to Turkey over the winter. Even though they were warmer than here they weren't Caribbean warm.

Now our motorbikes are out, boat's almost ready just need the sunshine. I'm starving for heat. I said to myself and to the wife I'm not ever going to let this happen again if I can help it. So were going to take at least 2 vacations to warm spots this coming winter.

One I was thinking Carribean somewhere. The other I was thinking a couples trip with some friends and wives to Florida combine it with a day at either Honda Classic in Palm Beach Gardens or Valspar Championship at Palm Harbour. Sounds good right? WRONG the wife says not as long as that p___y grabber is still in power lol. I guess she's made that depiction for me.

Now what do I do? Maybe I'll start another thread on where to go
                        Member of 2012, 2013, 2015 TGN Ryder Cup Team
                        Member of 2014 OG Ryder Cup Team

Comment

Originally posted by gimmeabogey View Post
                          I missed out on sunshine vacations this past winter so I can't wait for summer to come. We went to Hong Kong, Japan and to Turkey over the winter. Even though they were warmer than here they weren't Caribbean warm.

Now our motorbikes are out, boat's almost ready just need the sunshine. I'm starving for heat. I said to myself and to the wife I'm not ever going to let this happen again if I can help it. So were going to take at least 2 vacations to warm spots this coming winter.

One I was thinking Carribean somewhere. The other I was thinking a couples trip with some friends and wives to Florida combine it with a day at either Honda Classic in Palm Beach Gardens or Valspar Championship at Palm Harbour. Sounds good right? WRONG the wife says not as long as that p___y grabber is still in power lol. I guess she's made that depiction for me.

Now what do I do? Maybe I'll start another thread on where to go

I spent a fe months this winter in Hilton head. Best winter weather of the past 5 years. Even better, didn't see the p.. Grabber once. Hardly anyone even raised the issue. If you didn't watch cnn or fox you wouldn't notice any difference. Hard to punish yourselves because a doofus was elected president in a land far, far away.

Comment

A neighbour's wife and her sister went to FLA for an event last month.

They're both Canadians and white.

One had no problems, but...

The sister now lives in Italy. She has an EU and a CDN passport. She chose to travel on the EU passport as there's less hassle when returning to Italy.

She spent hours going through customs. Hours. They went through her phone and laptop and demanded (and got) her passwords for all social media and email, etc.

She won't be rushing (Russian?) back....

So, while it's nice that it's no problem for most people, it has become a real problem for others, and not just swarthy-looking Muslims...
                            Last edited by Ignatius Reilly; May 7, 2018, 12:22 PM.
                            "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                            ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
                              So, while it's nice that it's no problem for most people, it has become a real problem for others, and not just swarthy-looking Muslims...
                              Sucks to be them. Never can be too careful.

Comment

I have a few days break so zipping down to the condo in Florida for a few days. Will keep you posted.

Mr. Frorose hasn't had any issues crossing. I drove over with no issues either.

Not sure if nexus helps, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X