Collapse

ADAMS GOLF as brand ?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ADAMS GOLF as brand ?

I have 3 sets of Adams irons , mainly playing the CMB , irons and every so often I pull out my MB 2 irons. I prefer anything that was released prior to being bought out by Taylor Made. Not too many manufacturers incorporate KBS shafts in their stock irons like ADAMS does. I love the look and the feel of their irons and hybrids.

Comment

Just bought a complete set of Hybrid blue and Driver as I had to convert to a more forgiving club to change my swing (back injury). From my research, Adams has a terrific reputation, great technology and excellent value. Thought I bought used set from USA (3Balls.com), traded in my old clubs and shipped from Niagara Falls USA. However, pleasant surprise, I got a brand new set with wrapping (sent to my USA Niagara address with Purloator). Saved over $500 Canadian. For a new golfer, that is the way to go!
      Buddy's Guy

Comment

The Taylormade buyout pretty much killed what was once a fantastic brand. Company that dominated the hybrid market for a long time, had a cult following with their low spin driver heads and were the creators of the speed slot tech.

My bag is still predominantly older Adams. Great gear pre-TM.

Comment

Adams is not a top of the line golf club although as hybrids go, they are one of the originators. When I bought my Taylormade irons, they had the slot technology developed by Adams which is why they bought the company (IMHO). I bought an Adams 3 hybrid mainly because of the price point but I'm not concerned about its playability as I previously mentioned. They are one of the cheapest clubs on the market but if you are starting out, there is no reason to spend big bucks on top of the line equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by TourIQ View Post

I wouldn't touch their Adams Blue line-up due to their non-standard tip diameters.
            Hey Harry. While I admit it'd be hard to find a replacement shaft for the driver(.320 tip size) the hybrids have .335 tips which is the same as
            Wishon hybrids to help in getting the ball airborne more easily.

Played a round this weekend with a guy who had a Blue driver. He bombed it 20 to 30 yards further than the rest of us and iirc correctly he barely missed the fairway on the one or 2 errant shots. So much for being fitted

Comment

I had a set of Adams Idea Pro Forged irons that were pretty sweet and came with Black Gold shafts, which were great but didn't seem to last very long on the marketplace. I only played them for a short time though and I moved onto something else. Back then Adams was making some nice gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Tintin View Post
                Hey Harry. While I admit it'd be hard to find a replacement shaft for the driver(.320 tip size) the hybrids have .335 tips which is the same as

Played a round this weekend with a guy who had a Blue driver. He bombed it 20 to 30 yards further than the rest of us and iirc correctly he barely missed the fairway on the one or 2 errant shots. So much for being fitted
                That's understandable. The Blue line was basically a set of Aeroburners painted a different colour with a slightly different crown shape. Despite their wonky tip size they performed very well for a lot of people.

Just as a follow-up, apparently TMAG is having some issues with the foundry plant they make Adams out of. So that is why they have been kind of quiet on releasing product the last year or so. New stuff is apparently coming, but at least for the next little while they are going to focus on value-level Taylormade product to fill the gap until things get working again.

Comment

The brand is dead...TM bought it for its patents, and let it die.

Comment

Originally posted by Robvandam View Post
                    Hi I'm new to golf and looking into buying new clubs.

I have a very general question, where does Adams the Brand fit into the whole picture ? like when I look Titliest, TM and Nike I know what that brand wants me to feel about them but where does Adams fit into the Picture/rank of the top brands.

please use cars, clothes or watches to illustrate a better picture.

Apologies for the silly question but when I'm researching clubs Adams always shows up and I have no clue as to what to feel as opposed to think.
                    RVD (AKA the whole F**ckn' show) I would say when it comes to Adams don't buy into the hype of the popular brand name = better golf game. If the equipment fits your budget and you hit them well go for it.

As others have said Adams is good brand and is a much more of a quality product them some others sold.

While they may have lost the hype don't forget they at one time had the #1 hybrid in golf as well as the following players using their equipment

Ernie Els
                    Tom Watson
                    Bernhard Langer
                    Kenny Perry
                    Jeff Overton
                    Aaron Baddeley
                    Chad Campbell
                    Robert Karlsson
                    David Howell
                    In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
                    Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
                    Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
                    Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
                    Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
                    Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
                    Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
                    --------
                    Home Course - Clublink

Comment

Originally posted by Tintin View Post

I think Wishon made a big mistake making 335 tipped hybrids. Lack of consistency. Head wt too heavy for the heavier than fairway metal heads.

Wishon hybrid heads couldn't hold a candle to an Adams hybrid - not even in the same league.

A guy at work has the Blue irons and love em.
                      Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
                      Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
                      Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

I use the hybrids. To me they are the best in the business for hybrids.

Hoping for something new soon.

I still have the DY 18 and 21.

Comment

Adams as a brand?

10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
                          16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
                          20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
                          4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
                          Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

The brand is completely dead. A real shame. All the Adams we get on trade this year we are probably going to donate to the special olympics. It has $0 resale value

Comment

I like what they have done in the past couple years with their irons and hybrids.

Comment

@Sportsyard: If you happen to get any XTD Ti clubs with stiff or x- stiff shafts in, I'll help you out and give you some $$$ for them!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X