Early am weekday Don Valley. Looking for playing partners

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early am weekday Don Valley. Looking for playing partners

Hi,
    I am looking at playing 9 or 18 once or twice a week at the Don Valley Golf course.

Very early in the morning.

Looking for playing partners.

Re: Early am weekday Don Valley. Looking for playing partners

Not sure when the reno's will be done but it's 14 holes right now.

What time you're looking at teeing off? I might be up for a regular round.

Comment

I'd be interested in trying 9. how slow is it in the mornings? any idea how early the first tee times are there?

Comment

I think the first tee is at 7am right now. We'll be teeing it up tomorrow at 7:20am so we'll see how busy it is two groups in.

Comment

Sounds good let me know!

Comment

How was the round? And was it busy?

I am curious to see how long it took you to finish the round. Thank you!

Originally posted by Carlton View Post
            I think the first tee is at 7am right now. We'll be teeing it up tomorrow at 7:20am so we'll see how busy it is two groups in.

Comment

We were the 3rd group off I think. The groups ahead were moving at a really good pace so we were never waiting on the box. Seems like the course started filling up as we started seeing groups on each hole behind us.

We got paired up with a couple guys at the start and we finished the 14 holes in just around 3hrs.

Holes 14-17 were closed off and 18th is a temp 120yrd par3.

Couldn't hit the new irons to save my life today. Argh!

Comment

We were the 3rd group off I think. The groups ahead were moving at a really good pace so we were never waiting on the box. Seems like the course started filling up as we started seeing groups on each hole behind us.

We got paired up with a couple guys at the start and we finished the 14 holes in just around 3hrs.

Holes 14-17 were closed off and 18th is a temp 120yrd par3.

Couldn't hit the new irons to save my life today. Argh!
                Were you able to get a sense of what they were doing on the holes under construction?

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post
                  Were you able to get a sense of what they were doing on the holes under construction?
                  The guys we got paired up with are regulars and said the workers were stabilizing the slopes around some of the back holes.

Couldn't see much of the 14th but the tee box and fairway looked untouched. The 16th looked untouched and playable. The slope area between the 17th green and 18th tee box was being worked on. Looked like they were trying to shore it up.

Comment

The guys we got paired up with are regulars and said the workers were stabilizing the slopes around some of the back holes.

Couldn't see much of the 14th but the tee box and fairway looked untouched. The 16th looked untouched and playable. The slope area between the 17th green and 18th tee box was being worked on. Looked like they were trying to shore it up.
                    Thanks for the update. The slopes on those holes are very...very steep slopes indeed. Walking up them towards the end of a round is a chore. Hole # 14 is tough...unless you can bang a drive to the top of the slope....and get it to stick.... any ball will roll down the hill and you are left with a blind shot to the green.

Hole 15 is OK, unless you hit it right and then you are 40 feet below the green. Holes #16 and 18 are Ok because you are shooting down hill. Hole 17 is difficult....uphill all the way...and how many times does one end up on the steep slope on the approach if you don't stick it on the green?

Having said all that....where else do you get that kind of variety?

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Ya know, I haven't played the full 18 in about 2 years. I've played the front 9 quite a bit last season after work with some coworkers.

Comment

Don Valley now has all 18 holes open but #16 and #18 are temp tee boxes and #17 a temp green. They're currently charging twilight rates for 18holes. It wasn't very busy this AM. Lots of open tee times. A few holes were a bit squishy in the fairway.

Comment

Don Valley now has all 18 holes open but #16 and #18 are temp tee boxes and #17 a temp green. They're currently charging twilight rates for 18holes. It wasn't very busy this AM. Lots of open tee times. A few holes were a bit squishy in the fairway.
                          Played today in fantastic weather.

16, 17, 18 still have the temp tees/green. But they're only charging $40, so a pretty good deal. A good portion of the hill around those holes slid down over the winter, so that's what they are fixing. Nobody I talked to knew when they would be done.

Overall conditions were good, greens a bit slow (but the greens there are never that great) and the course was dry save for #12, which was soggy down the left side of the fairway.

And I got a par on #14! (but #3 and #12 continue to elude me)
                          Home
                          Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5*
                          TaylorMade Rescue 11 TP 21*
                          Ping G425 5-U
                          Titleist SM6 58*
                          Ping 2021 Anser 2

Away
                          TaylorMade R9 SuperTri 10.5*
                          TaylorMade R9 5 wood
                          Ping G25 5-W
                          Titleist SM2 52*, 56*, 60*
                          Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 360g

Comment

Originally posted by skt07 View Post
                            Played today in fantastic weather.

Overall conditions were good, greens a bit slow (but the greens there are never that great) and the course was dry save for #12, which was soggy down the left side of the fairway.

Wouldn't be Don Valley if that parcel of land was DRY!! 😉

And I got a par on #14! (but #3 and #12 continue to elude me)
                            I played the front 9 after work (Humber Valley has leagues &#128545 I was amazed how dry the entire 9 was. Started at 6:10pm, and finished at 7:40 🙂 Got through 2 groups at #3 & 4. Having played this course for over 40 years, this was the lowest score (39) I've ever had there (also my best 9 (at a full length course) in probably 10 years ☺️My irons were Money... No birdies, but I parred 1,3,5,6,7,8 and 9. Crazy.
                            Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                            X