Collapse

Last night at Dragons Fire

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night at Dragons Fire

I had a rare free evening last night, and it's the longest days of the year. I jumped on golfnow at 2:30pm yesterday; and observed that there were numerous foursomes available from 4pm through 6pm. I booked myself at 5:46.

I left work and headed to the course with my heart singing. Beautiful afternoon, going to a course I love, what could be better.

At 5:46pm I was standing on the range witnessing 6 golfers stumbling around the 1st tee block with no starter in sight. It had been solid from 5:15 onward.

I chilled out, hung around, read a few magazines, and finally teed off at 6:35, after seeing no activity on the first hole for at least 15 minutes.

I played the first, the second, and proceeded to the third tee to find a twosome driving back to the tee. They informed me that it was "very slow" and that they were coming back to play a few holes over again. So much for letting it clear ahead of me.

I left. My dream of breezing through an empty Dragons Fire on a beautiful summer evening had been replaced with getting slaughtered by mosquitos while waiting to play. Just the worst. Still pissed this morning.

Re: Last night at Dragons Fire

I live for playing 1st thing in the morning. Drives me crazy playing in the afternoon/evening. Too many damn golfers! The nerve they have

Comment

Re: Last night at Dragons Fire

That blows.. Have had it happen to me and managed to cut back and play a few over, ended up getting in 14 holes or so. Was a nice night, busy everywhere I'm sure
      TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
      TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
      TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
      Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
      Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
      100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard