Collapse

Rain gloves

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain gloves

Never had a pair - I honestly don't even wear a glove - wondering do they do a good job? FJ the brand to buy here?

Preciate the help!! Take care

Re: Rain gloves

I have one. It is good that you have a pair instead of just one. It does help you holding on the clubs. I bought one from SVP stores and it is less than $10.

Comment

I keep a pair in the bag all the time (otherwise I forget to put them in) and they have always worked well for me, mind you I am a two glove Tommy anyways. The thing to remember is they have to be really wet to work. So I soak them and put them in a sandwich zipper bag ready for use. FJ the best IMO.
      Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

my FJ ones stay in the bag and have for the past 5 years plus. Every time they get used just rub them on the grass to get them wet and your good to go.
        Driver - Taylormade SIM MAX 9.0 Diamana S
        3W - Taylormade M4
        5 wood - Callaway X Hot
        4 Hybrid - Taylormade R15
        Irons - Taylormade 2017 P790 5-PW
        Wedge - 52 Raw Jaws/56 MD 2 tour grind
        Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

definitely help in the wet weather. i have a cheap pair (snake eyes?) bought at golftown that do a decent job, as well as a surprisingly good pair of Nike ones. i wear them when it's cold as well. don't have to be wet.
          What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
          TM Rescue 17*
          TM M2 4-AW
          TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
          Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

I usually keep one of the FJ Weathersof gloves in my bag for wet days. It definitely helps the grip vs regular glove. I also find it dries better and isn't trash after getting soaked like the regular Sciflex that I use.
            We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
            Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
            Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
            Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
            Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
            Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
            Srixon Star XV
            Ogio Grom bag

Comment

They are a great invention and really work well... however be warned that they really need to dry out or be washed after use.

They get this horrible moldy stink on them that transfers to your hands and just sits with you far after the round.

I know as yesterday I needed them and oh boy did they stink when they got wet. whooweee!!!
              Don't Drink & DRive...Don't Even Putt

Comment

I'm a fair weather player, but after getting caught in a downpour for a match play game I bought them at the turn, and they are fantastic. FJ are the one's I bought and it is like having suction cups on your hands, no slip at all.
                WITB
                9.5 Nike Covert
                15 TM Rocketballz
                3-P Nike Pro Vr Combo
                52,56,60 Nike X3X Wedges
                TM White Smoke

Comment

Originally posted by dalmanca View Post
                  I have one. It is good that you have a pair instead of just one. It does help you holding on the clubs. I bought one from SVP stores and it is less than $10.
                  $6.99 for a pair of Nike's at SVP. They've had then for ages, right behind the counter. I've used them a few times this year and they work very well.

Comment

You may not know this, but surgical gloves work amazingly well in the rain

Comment

house of kangaroo rain glove is really nice,not cheap.

Comment

I have a Foot Joy rain glove and it is great, also use it when it is hot and humid

Comment

If you are serious about golf and will play through rain, get yourself a good rain suit, rain gloves, and rain hat. With these you can play in pouring rain and don't need an umbrella. I don't like playing in the rain, but sometimes have to do it (eg in tournaments) and I feel I have a significant advantage over others who are fumbling with their umbrella, using towels to dry their grips and changing their regular glove as each one get soaked.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                          X