Collapse

Forest City National range

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forest City National range

Can anyone give me an idea of the range and practice facilities at Forest City National? I'm in London for a couple of days this week and looking to practice somewhere and trying to decide between a 30 minute drive to Tarandowah and a 20 minute drive to Forest City National.

I want to spend a few hours there, so interested in both the short-game area and and range quality.

Thanks!
    Driver:Titleist 910 D2 w/ Diamana Ahina stiff
    4-wood: Titleist 910F 17° w/ Diamana Ka'ali stiff
    Hybrids: Titleist 910h 19 degree
    Taylormade Burner 19/22 degree
    Irons: Titliest AP2 w/ KBS Tour 90
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey 60sm4, 56sm4, 52sm4
    Putter: Ping Anser 2

Re: Forest City National range

Originally posted by Spottswoode View Post
    Can anyone give me an idea of the range and practice facilities at Forest City National? I'm in London for a couple of days this week and looking to practice somewhere and trying to decide between a 30 minute drive to Tarandowah and a 20 minute drive to Forest City National.

I want to spend a few hours there, so interested in both the short-game area and and range quality.

Thanks!
    FCN has a pretty decent facility. IMO better than Tarandowah. The range is longer at FCN. At Tarandowah it's easy to hit the fairway on #4. FCN has a nice big putting green as well.

Not too familiar with the area but have played both courses. Maybe someone from the area or knows the area better can suggest a different facility. Are you staying right in London?

Comment

Originally posted by borgore23 View Post
      FCN has a pretty decent facility. IMO better than Tarandowah. The range is longer at FCN. At Tarandowah it's easy to hit the fairway on #4. FCN has a nice big putting green as well.

Not too familiar with the area but have played both courses. Maybe someone from the area or knows the area better can suggest a different facility. Are you staying right in London?
      Thanks, yeah i'm staying right in the city. I'm there about once a month and usually play Tarandowah on the way home, but haven't gone to any of the other ranges.

Comment

Strictly for practice purposes I used to use the Fairways Driving Range just west of Fanshawe and Hyde Park Rd on Fanshawe itself. Has bunkers, chipping area and full driving range.

Comment

Originally posted by Playthru View Post
          Strictly for practice purposes I used to use the Fairways Driving Range just west of Fanshawe and Hyde Park Rd on Fanshawe itself. Has bunkers, chipping area and full driving range.
          sweet thanks. Maybe I'll check that out.

Comment

Skip Forest City, course is nowhere near what it used to be in condition. I really like Tarandowah for what it is, a true links course. The range there is fine for hitting balls. If you are around the area, I recommend a bit longer drive to play Otter Creek. They have a decent range there as well, and the course is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Trips View Post
              Skip Forest City, course is nowhere near what it used to be in condition. I really like Tarandowah for what it is, a true links course. The range there is fine for hitting balls. If you are around the area, I recommend a bit longer drive to play Otter Creek. They have a decent range there as well, and the course is awesome!
              Otter is like a 45+ minute drive from London. A tad far for just practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Spottswoode View Post

Thanks!

The best driving range in the city, if you ask me, is Windemere/Adelaide. They are on a flood plain so the turf is always in good condition. However their short game area is abysmal.

For short game, I recommend Bob Martins (Wharncliffe/Wonderland) or the range west of Fanshawe/Hyde Park Road. I prefer the latter myself because there's plenty of room for some longer shots. Although Bob Martin's has some deep bunkers and good greens, but it also very busy.

Comment

There is a couple of better ranges the FCN. Not sure if the range on Kilaley (sp?) is still there. But that was a decent range. Bob Martins range in the southwest end maybe the best in the city.
                  Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
                  Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
                  Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
                  Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
                  Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
                  Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
                  Ping Hoofer

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone!