Collapse

Tom Wishon Clubfitting Article(s)

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Wishon Clubfitting Article(s)

One of the least understood areas related to golf equipment is the matter of what constitutes a truly professional custom club fitting analysis. Over the past 10 years, club fitting technology has evolved from trial and error to a practice that is verified by technical research and analytical experience. Even with the advancements of club […]

This is now the only way I will be fit. I have been to three different places for fittings and not once has anyone measured my hands or wrist to floor. There are so many other things that he mentions in his series of articles that make so much sense now. Swinging with heavy adapters on shafts and trying grips on a small section of some random shaft is useless.

I really recommend anyone considering getting fit to read all these articles and actually the comments below (which is usually a slow death) because he drops some serious knowledge there too.

Re: Tom Wishon Clubfitting Article(s)

Originally posted by RutgersKev View Post
    http://www.golfwrx.com/255475/what-c...ting-analysis/

This is now the only way I will be fit. I have been to three different places for fittings and not once has anyone measured my hands or wrist to floor. There are so many other things that he mentions in his series of articles that make so much sense now. Swinging with heavy adapters on shafts and trying grips on a small section of some random shaft is useless.

I really recommend anyone considering getting fit to read all these articles and actually the comments below (which is usually a slow death) because he drops some serious knowledge there too.
    so you have never been fit ? TLT MAY BE FOR YOU .

Comment

Re: Tom Wishon Clubfitting Article(s)

Tom has dedicated pretty much his entire life to educating and improving the club building andb fitting process.

He's written numerous books but his 2 fitting books Practical Clubfitting ( early) and Common Sense Club Fitting ( recent) the are the Bibles of clubmakers. 500 plus pages of in depth club fitting information on each if the 20 plus fitting parameters. There's a whole chapter on wedge fitting.

I have both and strongly recommend for anyone who wants to gain greater understanding of how clubs should be fit, be they a fitter or just a golfer.
      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
      X