No announcement yet.
Collapse

golftec experiences/thoughts/opinions?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golftec experiences/thoughts/opinions?

Went to the Richmond Hill golftec today to see what's its all about. It seems interesting, but more or less it's just a video replay of your swing on gc2. It doesn't display club path or club face at impact either which I find odd since it's important numbers to see why the shot your hitting went that way.

It seemed expensive as well. $150 for evaluation and $400 for 5 lessons after that.

Has anyone used golftec? Has anyone done just an evaluation and no lessons?

Are there other places that other similar services for a better price?

Re: golftec experiences/thoughts/opinions?

I went through the evaluation and have had some time to play around with some of the features as I have a buddy who works at one. I found the green/yellow/red light system to be very helpful in finding the proper positions in my golf swing. I added an indicator for my hip and shoulder sway and a beep sensor for a proper shoulder turn and found it very useful.
    "I'm a hockey player but I'm here to play golf today" Happy Gilmore

Comment

Anyone have any experiences?

Comment

I’ll go out on a limb and say the Golftec locations have the best combination of technology available for both teacher and student. After you have spent some time in one of the Golftec hitting bays you will learn to appreciate the thought and expense that went into one of their facilities.

The GC2 provides accurate, reliable and quick ball information (direction, spin, speed, etc). Info is displayed on large screen TV. Yes the GC2 is missing a few extras that might aid a club fitter but for practice it suits the purpose. And for practice it has very few misreads which often plague other technologies when used indoors.

There are 2 video cameras that automatically record and edit the video for every swing. By that I mean the computer hears the sound of the shot and trims the video to capture just the swing for both front and down the line views. This auto record / edit capability is a huge bonus and time saver. (far superior to the traditional manual process)

Furthermore, there are large buttons on the floor you can push with a club in the hitting bay to control the replaying of the swing videos The 2 swing videos are both displayed in sync on a screen in the bay and on a 2nd screen for the instructor.

Finally with every lesson, at no additional charge, you can get strapped up with some sensors and the instructor can monitor body angles, positions, etc during your swing. Your measurements are compared to the ideal tour pro (or your pick of tour pro) and the instructor is automatically notified real time of any difference. (the software for this is very slick)

So yes the Golftec facilities are a fantastic teaching environment.

Comment

Nice summary. I've heard really good things about them here in the GTA

Comment

Hello

Just re-opening the thread.. I am looking at reviewing my swing and wanted to get some lessons

I am more a visual learner and was looking at Golftec Markham @ Golftown

Any reviews

Comment

I just finished three lessons with golftec, and every time the instructor just told me one thing to work on it. I'm an advanced golfer and I can fix it right away. Then he stopped teaching more. I think it's their strategy just want people to buy more lessons. It's quite expensive. Doesn't worth it, not recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by westteam View Post
                I just finished three lessons with golftec, and every time the instructor just told me one thing to work on it. I'm an advanced golfer and I can fix it right away. Then he stopped teaching more. I think it's their strategy just want people to buy more lessons. It's quite expensive. Doesn't worth it, not recommend.
                I have used GolfTEC for about 4 years now and am starting to reap the rewards of truly changing my swing for the better. I am also an "advanced" golfer and know that no one can fix it right away! You get what you pay for as they only hire PGA of Canada professionals and have a phenomenal success rate with their students. I also know quite a few players that have bettered their game by going in and committing to better golf! It takes work to get better. There are tons of dollars spent on quick fixes and every year they come out with more and more one fix wonders that don't work but people still search for the "easy way". If there was an easy way everyone could break par. Golf is hard.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X