Collapse

Shaft Help Please

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaft Help Please

Currently gaming Adams CB2 with KBS Tour 90 Stiff flex in them.

Good flight, used to them etc etc.

Looking at Ping sets, the options are CFS or PX in 6.0

I've heard CFS play rather soft to flex. This true?

Just trying to determine which is the closer option to a KBS Tour 90 Stiff; the CFS Stiff or the 6.0 PX shafts.

Looking for as little transition or feel change possible.

Thanks for help in advance.

Re: Shaft Help Please

Originally posted by FATZ View Post
    Currently gaming Adams CB2 with KBS Tour 90 Stiff flex in them.

Good flight, used to them etc etc.

Looking at Ping sets, the options are CFS or PX in 6.0

I've heard CFS play rather soft to flex. This true?

Just trying to determine which is the closer option to a KBS Tour 90 Stiff; the CFS Stiff or the 6.0 PX shafts.

Looking for as little transition or feel change possible.

Thanks for help in advance.
    The CFS or new AWT 2.0 do not play any softer flex than your KBS's would. In terms of feel, the CFS would play much closer to your KBS, as the CFS weighs 110 give or take, and the Tour 90 is 100. The AWT I think goes 105-125 (Ascending Weight Tech). The 6.0 is a beast of a shaft, it has very little feel, is quite stiff (most companies call it a stiff but it cycles out closer to an X100 and feels more like an X1 than any "stiff" shaft I have ever played).

The CFS would be the most simple transition, or the MODUS 105! That is a med-high, mid spin shaft that weighs in the same ball park as the KBS Tour 90. However, it is only free in a couple of Ping heads.

A little more info is needed, what head are you looking at? I think the break down is like this:

S55 - only CFS is free
    I - Modus 105, CFS, Dynamic Gold and PX are free
    G - Same as above except remove dynamic gold and add AWT (maybe XP 95?)
    GMax - Only XP 95 and CFS/AWT are free

In terms of ballflight/feel characteristics, the most similar to your Tour 90's are the XP 95 and MODUS 105, just depending on your weight profiling. The CFS/AWT are next in line but are about 10-12 grams heavier than your own shafts. All of these shafts also feel very similar (smooth, i.e. more torque) and are solid med-high launch. The stiffest of the bunch would probably be the CFS/AWT...

...However, as has been said before...hit them and see what you like/performs the best!

Comment

Thanks.

This pretty much sums it up.

It would be for the "i" heads.

Basically same-ish lofts as CB2, all specs are pretty close.

Just had to pick between CFS or PX, while there's 2 more options available with Ping, they may not be available to me.

I do need to get out and hit them, but knew some experts would chime in.

As for weight, I am not too worried. I used to game heavier just fine. KBS Tour 90 was kind of by accident as that's what CB2 came with and to my surprise I really liked them. No fitting I went through recommended them. But when I was out with them I really did hit them well and hit greens so....

Now that I am used to their flight, I want something as comparable as possible. With the KBS 90 I would hit a smidge higher, but was nailing yardages with less effort and a more relaxed iron swing. I've come to like gaming that way over too aggressive.

I was just a little worried as I read a lot over at WRX about guys saying the CFS Stiff played pretty soft to flex. Been a while since I've hit any new stuff, trying not to tbh. But here I am potentially with a new set for the season supplied to me. But options are limited.

My only experience with Ping shafts was ZZ's which I like, and then the AWT in the i10's which I wasn't keen on at first but probably should've stuck with. My experience was CFS > AWT the last time I tried Ping stuff. (i10 vs i20) CFS Doesn't seem to balloon like the AWT did for me.

I think my mind is made up then. If I go with these, I will go CFS.

Also, good to know about the XP95. As if the Ping doesn't pan out, I might be looking at another brand and those are the stock option there.

Comment

Originally posted by FATZ View Post
        Thanks.

This pretty much sums it up.

It would be for the "i" heads.

Basically same-ish lofts as CB2, all specs are pretty close.

Just had to pick between CFS or PX, while there's 2 more options available with Ping, they may not be available to me.

I do need to get out and hit them, but knew some experts would chime in.

As for weight, I am not too worried. I used to game heavier just fine. KBS Tour 90 was kind of by accident as that's what CB2 came with and to my surprise I really liked them. No fitting I went through recommended them. But when I was out with them I really did hit them well and hit greens so....

Now that I am used to their flight, I want something as comparable as possible. With the KBS 90 I would hit a smidge higher, but was nailing yardages with less effort and a more relaxed iron swing. I've come to like gaming that way over too aggressive.

I was just a little worried as I read a lot over at WRX about guys saying the CFS Stiff played pretty soft to flex. Been a while since I've hit any new stuff, trying not to tbh. But here I am potentially with a new set for the season supplied to me. But options are limited.

My only experience with Ping shafts was ZZ's which I like, and then the AWT in the i10's which I wasn't keen on at first but probably should've stuck with. My experience was CFS > AWT the last time I tried Ping stuff. (i10 vs i20) CFS Doesn't seem to balloon like the AWT did for me.

I think my mind is made up then. If I go with these, I will go CFS.

Also, good to know about the XP95. As if the Ping doesn't pan out, I might be looking at another brand and those are the stock option there.
        Well if you get I's, really push for the Modus 105! It is a free upgrade and an AMAZING shaft that plays very similarly to your own current KBSs. I don't see why you couldn't get them unless you are buying them used.

Comment

I have Modus 105s in my G 8-PW. Amazing shafts.
          In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
          Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
          TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
          TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
          PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
          TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
          Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
          TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment