No announcement yet.
Collapse

Seguin Valley vs. The Ridge at Manitou.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seguin Valley vs. The Ridge at Manitou.

Hi all,

I and three of my friends are planning over night golf trip next June.
    We will be driving up early Saturday, play one course twice by replay, and come back Sunday afternoon after playing other one in the morning.
    We bought the Underpar deals for both of above courses and must decide which are worth playing twice.
    We have never been there so any advice would be appreciated. Our scores are around 90 to 120 if that helps.

Thanks,

Peter

Re: Seguin Valley vs. The Ridge at Manitou.

Have played both multiple times. While Seguin is very good The Ridge is definitely the one you'd play twice. Jealous!

Comment

I have played neither yet but also have both UPs for next year. Just wanted to say in another thread someone mentioned having troubles getting their replay at Ridge.
      Also curious why you dont think you cant try for replays at both before driving back?
      I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

Originally posted by newy View Post
        Have played both multiple times. While Seguin is very good The Ridge is definitely the one you'd play twice. Jealous!
        Ditto.

WIT SM C130 Cart Bag:
        TM SLDR 10.5*
        TM SLDR 3W & TM V-Steel 5W
        TM Rescue 22*
        4-PW Mix of Mizuno MX-25's and TM RBZ's
        Wedges: Titleist SM 53* & 56*
        Ping Ketch
        Ball: What's on sale?

Comment

Originally posted by sungandjudy View Post
          Hi all,

I and three of my friends are planning over night golf trip next June.
          We will be driving up early Saturday, play one course twice by replay, and come back Sunday afternoon after playing other one in the morning.
          We bought the Underpar deals for both of above courses and must decide which are worth playing twice.
          We have never been there so any advice would be appreciated. Our scores are around 90 to 120 if that helps.

Thanks,

Peter
          Peter, if you can only replay one of the courses do the Ridge. I highly recommend it as I've played both courses multiple times. I also bought both underpar passes because they are fantastic deals (even if you only get a single round in) as the rack rate for Seguin in 90 and 130+ for the Ridge. So maybe i'll see you boys out there!

Reason for playing Ridge twice:

1) better overall course conditions from tee to green. It's the only course I've seen that actually waters the forested areas lol

2) I think the views are worth more at the Ridge, especially the 18th (the view into the 18th green is stunning from the fairway)

3) if you're going to do 2 rounds at the Ridge you'll probably need to eat in between rounds and the food is great and the view over the lake in the dinning room is also stunning.

4) if you guys are higher handicapers, I again would suggest the Ridge. As much as it is a "tough course" the tee shots are much more manageable, and mediocre tee shots are not punished as badly as Seguin. Seguin is a tougher course overall with blind tee shots, and some pin point accuracy required on some tee shots.

5) Seguin also is oddly laid out. And what I mean by that is there is large distance in between holes. Not that it's a huge issue because you'll get a cart with the UP deal.

Those are my two cents...ok maybe a nickel? No matter what your level of play The ridge is a better course and much more memorable. I also commented in the other thread about the issues on getting in two rounds. Read what I wrote there, it'll ensure a second round for you and the boys

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawker View Post
            I have played neither yet but also have both UPs for next year. Just wanted to say in another thread someone mentioned having troubles getting their replay at Ridge.
            Also curious why you dont think you cant try for replays at both before driving back?
            Hi,

Thanks for the update.
            I will have to check on the replay problem issue.
            As for why we can't play replay on Sunday, it's 2.5 hr drive to home for us, and with work next day, plus family commitment, we usually try to come back home for dinner (at least around that time).
            Gotta make the boss at home happy....

Comment

Originally posted by spinaltap View Post
              Peter, if you can only replay one of the courses do the Ridge. I highly recommend it as I've played both courses multiple times. I also bought both underpar passes because they are fantastic deals (even if you only get a single round in) as the rack rate for Seguin in 90 and 130+ for the Ridge. So maybe i'll see you boys out there!

Reason for playing Ridge twice:

1) better overall course conditions from tee to green. It's the only course I've seen that actually waters the forested areas lol

2) I think the views are worth more at the Ridge, especially the 18th (the view into the 18th green is stunning from the fairway)

3) if you're going to do 2 rounds at the Ridge you'll probably need to eat in between rounds and the food is great and the view over the lake in the dinning room is also stunning.

4) if you guys are higher handicapers, I again would suggest the Ridge. As much as it is a "tough course" the tee shots are much more manageable, and mediocre tee shots are not punished as badly as Seguin. Seguin is a tougher course overall with blind tee shots, and some pin point accuracy required on some tee shots.

5) Seguin also is oddly laid out. And what I mean by that is there is large distance in between holes. Not that it's a huge issue because you'll get a cart with the UP deal.

Those are my two cents...ok maybe a nickel? No matter what your level of play The ridge is a better course and much more memorable. I also commented in the other thread about the issues on getting in two rounds. Read what I wrote there, it'll ensure a second round for you and the boys
              Thank you for the tips.

I am very excited for our trip as we have never been up there.
              I heard so many good things about the courses up there so I am really looking forward to it.

We have one more trip to Niagara Falls in September as well as all day play at Osprey Valley.
              I can't wait till next year!!!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X