Collapse

Wedge lie....

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedge lie....

Do your wedge lies match your irons? ie 1* up irons = 1* up wedges.

I was fitted 2* up and play factory wedges and I noticed allot of shots were going right and contact wasn't too crisp. Just got all three wedges bent 2* up to see if it helps. My leg is sore so i haven't hit them yet.
    Last edited by musky_hunter; May 17, 2011, 07:14 PM. Reason: wrote left meant right

Re: Wedge lie....

If your LH'd then your scenario is correct.
    If your RH'd and your wedges are going left then in all likelihood they are too upright already.

Originally posted by musky_hunter View Post
    Do your wedge lies match your irons? ie 1* up irons = 1* up wedges.

I was fitted 2* up and play factory wedges and I noticed allot of shots were going left and contact wasn't too crisp. Just got all three wedges bent 2* up to see if it helps. My leg is sore so i haven't hit them yet.
    Regards
    Dan

True Length Technology TM
    Awarded 'Best New Fitting Idea - 2007 AGCP'
    True Frequency Technology TM
    - Developer / Owner

Maltby Clubmaking Academy
    - Master
    Golf Clubmakers Association (GCA)
    - Advanced / Professional
    Professional Clubmakers Society (PCS)
    - Class 'A'

Comment

Sorry dan I meant right.

Comment

This has given me a clue that I have a tendency to hit my wedges to the left: 54 and 60 degrees Clevelands. I use the Callaway Edge irons and the pitching wedge is OK, normally goes where I aim. However I had them factory adjusted 3 degrees flat (I'm short in stature) but did not do the same for the Clevelands. So that would mean the heel of the club hits the ground first and that would have the tendency to turn the face closed, thus the pulls to the left. Am I thinking right here?
        Last edited by olmanracer; May 17, 2011, 07:42 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by olmanracer View Post
          This has given me a clue that I have a tendency to hit my wedges to the left: 54 and 60 degrees Clevelands. I use the Callaway Edge irons and the pitching wedge is OK, normally goes where I aim. However I had them factory adjusted 3 degrees flat (I'm short in stature) but did not do the same for the Clevelands. So that would mean the heel of the club hits the ground first and that would have the tendency to turn the face closed, thus the pulls to the left. Am I thinking right here?
          d*ck...you have your irons adjusted flat...so that they hit the ground square....but in essence they offset fact that if left std you would hit too far to the left...almost giving you a draw bias.
          i had my old irons adjusted upright to promote a draw, you have flat to make a fade...well improper lingo because the goal is flat and sqauare at impact, but you get my drift.
          if your irons are flat...your wedges are stock....your wedges should be going too much left right now...and it is common to adjust them too for the good golfers but the avg guys never think of it.
          but i have read that as you get shorter in clubs you need less adjustment than for longer irons. so it is possible that it wouldnt be 3 degrees, it might end up being inbetween.
          but funny this topic as my new back up mizuno mp 60's are great, but a few irons are drifting too left and not sure if its my draw swing or they need adjusting..........later dude...
          PING CAMO BAG...
          WEAPONS...
          SRIXON ZX5 10.5
          3W TM M2
          HYB 19 deg Callaway Epic
          5-aw Callaway Epic Forged

SW TM Milled Grind 56
          LW TM MILLED GRIND 60

PUTTER Rotation TM Spider Tour, Scotty np2 ,
          3 ball Fang, RIFE TOUR

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhark View Post
            d*ck...you have your irons adjusted flat...so that they hit the ground square....but in essence they offset fact that if left std you would hit too far to the left...almost giving you a draw bias.
            i had my old irons adjusted upright to promote a draw, you have flat to make a fade...well improper lingo because the goal is flat and sqauare at impact, but you get my drift.
            if your irons are flat...your wedges are stock....your wedges should be going too much left right now...and it is common to adjust them too for the good golfers but the avg guys never think of it.
            but i have read that as you get shorter in clubs you need less adjustment than for longer irons. so it is possible that it wouldnt be 3 degrees, it might end up being inbetween.
            but funny this topic as my new back up mizuno mp 60's are great, but a few irons are drifting too left and not sure if its my draw swing or they need adjusting..........later dude...
            Hey Sharkie, thanks for input. This thread by Musky got me thinking about why these two clubs (standard lies) cause me to pull my shots, I will take them to GT and have them look at it. You may be right, could need adjustment but not as much. The other thing I didn't mention is that the Callaway Edge irons were shortened a half inch by the factory.

Comment

Originally posted by olmanracer View Post
              Hey Sharkie, thanks for input. This thread by Musky got me thinking about why these two clubs (standard lies) cause me to pull my shots, I will take them to GT and have them look at it. You may be right, could need adjustment but not as much. The other thing I didn't mention is that the Callaway Edge irons were shortened a half inch by the factory.
              that was the factory's way of initially lowering the toe and accommodating your height at the same time. In essence by trimming the shaft they were making a simple lie adjustment without bending.
              Since some clubs can only be bent 2*, if at all, they could then add to it by using the allowable bending tolerance to give you the 3* flat that your swing plane required.

your lie on the wedges should come in at 62.5-63* I would assume.
              Last edited by dekker; May 19, 2011, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X