2016/2017 Montreal Canadiens

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016/2017 Montreal Canadiens

Originally posted by SeanFTW View Post
    Hopefully Pleks can find some sort of offensive ability this year. He's slowly turning into an offensive black hole. Radu and Lehk looked like they could have scored a couple. Weber looked ok but he's awfully slow. DD was on his a$$ about once a shift, as usual
    Re: Pleks - If his linemates look like they could have scored a couple, then Pleks is doing his job. He centers the second line because his job is to play defensively responsible hockey, not to pile up offensive stats. Watch how MT lines him up against top lines all season long, and you'll understand why his offensive numbers are down - it's not his role.

Weber may be slow, but he plays within himself and gives the other four players on the ice with him the ability to play a little more aggressively. On top of that, he scares the **** out of opposing players thinking of going into the corners or battling in front of the net with him. While I'm still not a fan of the trade, and feel that we will have big regrets about this in the long run, that's no reason to dump on Weber. He's not PK. He never will be. Time to change your avatar?

Comment

gutless and dangerous play by Andrew Shaw, and after just returning from a suspension.

"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
        gutless and dangerous play by Andrew Shaw, and after just returning from a suspension.

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/la...ary-discipline
        im sure that we are all in agreement that it was stupid. god its gonna be fun having Shaw on the Habs underneath a microscope by people who hate the Habs
        What's in the Taylormade TMX Stand Bag:
        Titleist 910D2 10.5* (w/ Oban Devotion)
        RBZ 3w 15*
        RBZ Tour 3h 18.5*
        Adams CB2 4-GW (KBS Tour 90)
        CG15 52*,56*

Putters:
        Byron Morgan DH89x
        Byron Morgan 611x

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/la...ary-discipline
          Thanks, we weren't aware of what happened. Dumb play.

Comment

Love the way Radulov is playing but he skates like Gumby

Comment

Another solid outing last night. Our offense has been really good so far. Radulov and Lehkonnen are really fun to watch, I hope at some point they put Galchenyuk with them, maybe on the PP, that could be a lot of fun to see. Weber's shot is just insane. I had never really seen it in game, but wow is it hard. I think we need to find a trade to get someone more capable of playing with Weber though, I like Beaulieu but he's not a #2D.
              What's in the Taylormade TMX Stand Bag:
              Titleist 910D2 10.5* (w/ Oban Devotion)
              RBZ 3w 15*
              RBZ Tour 3h 18.5*
              Adams CB2 4-GW (KBS Tour 90)
              CG15 52*,56*

Putters:
              Byron Morgan DH89x
              Byron Morgan 611x

Comment

Originally posted by SeanFTW View Post
                Another solid outing last night. Our offense has been really good so far. Radulov and Lehkonnen are really fun to watch, I hope at some point they put Galchenyuk with them, maybe on the PP, that could be a lot of fun to see. Weber's shot is just insane. I had never really seen it in game, but wow is it hard. I think we need to find a trade to get someone more capable of playing with Weber though, I like Beaulieu but he's not a #2D.
                I've been really impressed with Lehkonnen too. He looks awesome. That second line is very strong. I haven't really seen anything from Beaulieu that indicates that he can't be a #2D...he's been working up to this over the past few years, and in the first four games he's looked like an excellent fit with Weber - the calm, wily vet with the slightly more offensive minded youngster with great breakout passing and excellent skating skills.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Comment

Solid game in B-Town last night.
                  Byron has quite a set of wheels.
                  Pateryn had an excellent game.

Interesting factoid about Carey Price...
                  When the Canadiens lead after two periods, Price is 161-10-18 … including 18-1-1 against Boston.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteWalker View Post
                    Solid game in B-Town last night.
                    Byron has quite a set of wheels.
                    Pateryn had an excellent game.

Interesting factoid about Carey Price...
                    When the Canadiens lead after two periods, Price is 161-10-18 … including 18-1-1 against Boston.
                    must instill so much confidence in the guys in front of him knowing that he's the best out there and as such they can win any game.

Comment

Anybody see this coming????

Unbelievable start to the season and Montoya looks to be a great back up signing! Radulov is paying dividends early!

Fudd

Comment

Originally posted by fuddy View Post
                        Anybody see this coming????

Unbelievable start to the season and Montoya looks to be a great back up signing! Radulov is paying dividends early!

Fudd
                        Weber leading the team in scoring and T3rd in the league.

PK who?

Comment

They're playing a great team game. It's a lot of fun to watch. Every line has made contributions, and the D corps is providing fantastic play in both ends. Montoya has been more than bargained for in the backup role...hopefully this means that Pricey can rest easy, play a little less, stay healthy and be top notch for a deep playoff run.

However, it was a great start last year as well and we all know what happened. I'm anxious to find out what happens once they face a little adversity (which is bound to happen at some point). I feel that this group has some strong leaders, and that should help them get through any rough times. Ironically, I probably wouldn't put the captain (Pacioretty) on a top 5 list of leaders on this roster.

Comment

Rolling four lines is a real benefit
                            Quick first pass from Weber to clear the zone takes pressure off his defense partner
                            Shaw and Gallagher have been a handful.
                            Montaya has been nothing less than great as a backup.
                            Slow starts for Pleks and Pacioretty but they should get things going

Comment

and you guys are forgetting little Paul Byron who is now on the first line. This guy has been written off since Midget and somehow keeps going . . . way to go Mr. Byron!!!
                              If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Nice win over the Bolts tonight.
                                Price rock steady and great to see Galchenyuk and Pacioretty score.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X