Practice facilities

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice facilities

Hello GolfNutters!

Looking for Halton regions best practice facility. Would love to have people opinions and comments on Piper's Heath practice facility or any other recommendations in the area. Looking for a good place to splurge on a practice membership. Cheers!!

Re: Practice facilities

Originally posted by Bogey416 View Post
    Hello GolfNutters!

Looking for Halton regions best practice facility. Would love to have people opinions and comments on Piper's Heath practice facility or any other recommendations in the area. Looking for a good place to splurge on a practice membership. Cheers!!
    Along Trafalgar, you've got quite a few options.

Joshua Creek golf and Tennis - cheapest of the lot - 10 large buckets for $90 and they'll give you tokens instead so you can use 2 tokens for a medium bucket and save one for next time; it's often busy but you can find space, the ground is not entirely level and was brutally hard last summer; they have a short game area that's free to use, just pray no one is hitting out of the sand or you may be in danger. I've been going there for the last couple seasons, but I'll likely look elsewhere this year; the crowd can be a little boisterous and distracting and the ground conditions take their toll.

Vic Hadfield - pricier than Joshua creek, but slightly better grass conditions. You'll be able to find space, but sometimes the only ones left are chewed up. Short game area is extra to use - $5 I think - I've never actually used it. Make sure to bring bug spray - there's some marshland next to it and the bugs come out towards sunset.

Piper's Heath - buckets are cheaper than other ranges, but I think you get fewer balls. Piper's will have the softest ground conditions of any of the ranges. Like the rest of their course, they keep it extremely soft. It's not generally busy as the range is used for pre-round practice more than anything else. On the public end of the range, there's a putting green, but no short game area. On the member end of the range, they have a full short game area and putting green. I'd love to join, but for the price of a practice membership there, I'd need to go there multiple times a week from April to October to make it worth while.

Ninth Line Family Golf - priced between Joshua and Hadfield, I had written it off my list of ranges last year, but with an apparently re-energized owners, they're overhauling things this year. Last year, the grass on the range was all rough-length - that made it challenging to work on ball striking when you're cutting through the grass. Hopefully, they'll work on that this summer. In addition, they're going to have a new short game area with a south-west greens surface. So, at this point, this range is an unknown.
    In the bag:
    R15 12° PXV 6.0
    SLDR 15° ATX Blue S
    Adams Pro 18° ATX, Idea Pro A12 20° NV S
    Titleist AP2 4-PW Project X 6.0
    Vokey SM5 54, 58
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

Piper's is probably the best public access facility in the area. Double ended range, putting and chipping green, practice bunker. Balls are usually in good condition. Grass decks are good.

May be a bit pricey though, depending on how often you intend to practice...

Comment

I like the T Zone on bronte just north of the 407 for hitting balls.
        TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
        TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
        TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
        Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
        Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
        100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

+1 for Tee Zone.

Comment

Collapse