NEW ZURICH TEAM FORMAT

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW ZURICH TEAM FORMAT

Totally different format for this year's ZURICH CLASSIC:
    Should be fun and maybe be help with some bonding for possible RC match ups in the future.
    OTOH, makes for a few issues with some FGPs, so much that it seems that DRAFTKINGS will only offer the EURO event this week.

HERE'S HOW IT WORKS

TEAM FORMAT: The new 72-hole stroke play format will feature Foursomes (alternate shot) during the first and third rounds and Four-Ball (best ball) during the second and fourth rounds. The starting field will consist of 80 teams (160 players). Each of the top available players from the PGA TOUR Priority Rankings who commits to the tournament will choose his partner, who in turn must have PGA TOUR status unless he is chosen as a tournament sponsor exemption.

MAKING THE CUT: Following the conclusion of the second round, there will be a cut to the low 35 teams and ties at the 35th position.

WITH A WIN: The Zurich Classic of New Orleans will continue to award FedExCup points and official money, and will count as an official victory for the members of the winning team. As such, both players will receive a two-year winner’s exemption and an eligibility into Invitational fields, including the Tournament of Champions and THE PLAYERS Championship. Additionally, the PGA of America will include both members of the winning team in the Tournament Winners category for the PGA Championship.

PRIZES: FedExCup points and prize money will be awarded to teams making the cut based on combining every two positions from the distribution table for a standard TOUR event, with each team member receiving an equal share. For instance, the winning team will evenly split first and second place FedExCup points (500 for first and 300 for second for 800 total points, or 400 for each player). Official prize money will be distributed in the same manner.
    Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Re: NEW ZURICH TEAM FORMAT

I like it!

The two great things about the RC (and to a much lesser extent the PC) are the team rivalries, and the rare chance to watch different and interesting formats in fourball and foursomes.

Choosing partners must have been an interesting exercise.

I don't know if it will succeed, but it's definitely a good idea to test out.
    "Confusion" will be my epitaph
    ...Iggy

Comment

Some variety would be a welcome change
      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
        Totally different format for this year's ZURICH CLASSIC:
        Should be fun and maybe be help with some bonding for possible RC match ups in the future.
        OTOH, makes for a few issues with some FGPs, so much that it seems that DRAFTKINGS will only offer the EURO event this week.
        Any idea how this will work for Yahoo Fantasy Pools? Looks like you pick individuals, not teams. I'm guessing that the same team score applies to both individual players? Should make for some interesting strategy...do you pick both guys on a team that you think is going to be strong, putting eggs in the same basket? Or better to spread picks out?

Nice to see the Canadians teaming up together. I know who I'll be cheering for!

Comment

Originally posted by 3 off the tee View Post
          Any idea how this will work for Yahoo Fantasy Pools? Looks like you pick individuals, not teams. I'm guessing that the same team score applies to both individual players? Should make for some interesting strategy...do you pick both guys on a team that you think is going to be strong, putting eggs in the same basket? Or better to spread picks out?
          Nice to see the Canadians teaming up together. I know who I'll be cheering for!
          Apparently won't matter no event on the YAHOO this week.
          Last edited by 4underthru9; Apr 24, 2017, 10:39 PM.
          Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Will the winnerS get invited to the Masters? What about other prestigious big money tourneys?

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
              Will the winnerS get invited to the Masters? What about other prestigious big money tourneys?
              See above:
              WITH A WIN: The Zurich Classic of New Orleans will continue to award FedExCup points and official money, and will count as an official victory for the members of the winning team. As such, both players will receive a two-year winner’s exemption and an eligibility into Invitational fields, including the Tournament of Champions and THE PLAYERS Championship. Additionally, the PGA of America will include both members of the winning team in the Tournament Winners category for the PGA Championship.

Then This:
              MASTER INVITES GO TO:
              Winners of PGA Tour events that award full FedEx Cup points, from the period of the previous Masters to the current Masters

So maybe Yes and maybe No.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X