This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: fitting results

I booked a fitting session with MG next month and wondering if I should go. Never been fitted before so don't know what to expect. I have went through a lot different clubs over last year and I feel that I should invest some time to find one really fitted. But don't want to spend a lot to do customization. Maybe modify some based on my current ones.

Is MG a good choice for that? Or I would wait till my game gets better?

Comment

At the end of the day MG is a great facility as is TXG.

It's a two way street. If u go in and say fit me and they fit u for a 1000$ driver yah that sucks. But u didn't say squat. But if u say "fit me into the free shafts only" and then they don't. Then u have a complaint.

Sometimes I think the customer isn't always clear about what they want

Comment

Originally posted by dalmanca View Post
        I booked a fitting session with MG next month and wondering if I should go. Never been fitted before so don't know what to expect. I have went through a lot different clubs over last year and I feel that I should invest some time to find one really fitted. But don't want to spend a lot to do customization. Maybe modify some based on my current ones.

don't let anybody scare you off from being fitted, be it now or later.
        things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by chrish8 View Post
          down to the meat and potatoes....... what clubs/brands/shafts/grips were you fitted for ?

Please don't say Accra shafts................
          What's wrong with Accra?

Comment

OK, everyone I think its time to put this to rest.

I want to say thank Modern Golf and in particular Matthew who was very professional in identifying my frustration and concerns in the email that I sent and he didn't hesitate to bring me back and fix the issues that I experienced. I had a lengthy conversation with him while I was re-fitted and he was able to resolve my outstanding fit/build issues.
            Mistakes can happen, its how businesses deal with those errors, in their willingness to resolve outstanding issues to the clients satisfaction that make companies like modern golf extremely professional and reputable.

For any member who might be thinking about getting fit at MG, especially if you are new to fitting or if you have some knowledge (perceptions) of fitting processes but don't quite understand why the fitter is steering you towards a specific item don't hesitate to ask questions.

With this matter now resolved I would not hesitate to recommend Modern Golf to anyone.

Thank You Matthew.

Devlin
            Devlin

Comment

Originally posted by dalmanca View Post

I would say, have realistic expectations of the fitting and what you will get out of it. If you have a two way miss or if you don't have a very repeatable swing (good pattern or not) then you will not maximize your fitting, it wont instantly make you a better ball striker, However it won't hurt and it will remove doubt from you mind that its not the equipment that might be ill fit to you and your swing.
              Try to focus on one or two things you might want out of the fitting. Such as tighter dispersion or controlling the dreaded pull hook, whatever it might be.
              Devlin

Comment

Originally posted by dmcdam View Post
                I'm left wondering how the OP knows the clubs aren't built to spec? If I picked up a set of irons I'd have a hard time discerning good vs bad build quality by eye.
                I knew the clubs were not built to spec because I saw the defects ( bad grips, wrong swingweight, lies not fixed ) and I asked for the build sheets.
                I also had the build sheet and specs for my irons prior to the build, and MG measures all your clubs when you come in.
                The specs were not linear enough for me accept and when I finally played with them on the course my concerns were proven.
                Devlin

Comment

Originally posted by TourIQ View Post
                  Almost everyone would, unless it was cosmetic like oversized ferrules or grips misaligned, or +1 on the length and they were standard.Hard to answer sharkhark how to get from A to B.
                  We don't even know if it was a single club or a complete set.

devlin willing, we need to learn more of the facts.
                  bl8d did mention about 'eating crow'

it was a full bag fitting...
                  driver, woods, irons, wedges, putter, although the wedges/ putter were not messed with because they were fine except lie angles.
                  Devlin

Comment

Once again and finally,
                    Thank you Matthew, and Modern Golf.

Professional in dealing with the problems and professional in resolving the matter quickly.

lets close this.

Devlin
                    Devlin

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                    X