Collapse

Golf Shoes - best for walking

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Golf Shoes - best for walking

All my rounds are played walking & I've found my Powerbands to be great for it

Comment

As always, the "best" ones are the ones that fit YOU.

Threads like this are helpful, in that they tell us that the new minimalist and street-shoe styles are comfortable and working for some. So try them out.

I bought some Adidas Tour 360s 2 years ago based on reccos on this board, and they are the worst shoes I've ever owned. At first they gave me blisters on both heels, but I mucked around with the footbeds and now they give me cramps on the side of the foot instead. Caveat emptor.

I tried minimalist running shoes after reading "Born to Run" and developed Plantar Fasciitus soon after. I went back to using orthotics and have been healthy ever since. In short, some people are biomechanically gifted and can thrive in a minimalist shoe, where others need something with more support and structure. We are all different....

FWIW my FJ Contours fit me like a glove. I walk 90% of my rounds...
      "Confusion" will be my epitaph
      ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
        As always, the "best" ones are the ones that fit YOU.

Threads like this are helpful, in that they tell us that the new minimalist and street-shoe styles are comfortable and working for some. So try them out.

I bought some Adidas Tour 360s 2 years ago based on reccos on this board, and they are the worst shoes I've ever owned. At first they gave me blisters on both heels, but I mucked around with the footbeds and now they give me cramps on the side of the foot instead. Caveat emptor.

I tried minimalist running shoes after reading "Born to Run" and developed Plantar Fasciitus soon after. I went back to using orthotics and have been healthy ever since. In short, some people are biomechanically gifted and can thrive in a minimalist shoe, where others need something with more support and structure. We are all different....

FWIW my FJ Contours fit me like a glove. I walk 90% of my rounds...
        Well said. Agree 100%

Comment

Or, some of us have flat flat feet and walk like ducks....

I assure you there is nothing biomechanically gifted or any "Born to Run" in me LOL

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

Comment

Originally posted by P25 View Post
            Well said. Agree 100%
            agreed as well. I love my Puma Cell Fusions, best shoe I have ever worn.
            MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

just bought a pair of 360s... don't like the sounds of that hah

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post
                What are the best golf shoes on the market today in terms of comfort for walking as well as durability? And, where are they available?
                Nike TW 13 golf shoes are the most comfortable golf shoes I've worn. Feels just like my Nike Free running shoes at the gym.
                Driver- Nike VRS 9.5 degree S flex
                Wood- Nike VR Pro 3 wood
                Hybrid- Nike Sumo2 3 hybrid
                Irons- Nike VR Pro combo split cavity
                Wedges- Titleist Vokey SM2 52, Nike VR Pro 56, Cleveland CG-15 60
                Putter- Nike Method 001
                Ball- Titleist Pro V1x

Comment

Been a FJ Premiere fan for years and had the opportunity to try on the Nike TW13 recently which you see Tiger wear every weekend. ....very, very, comfortable and promotes stability.

This one will be a challenge for Footjoy. TW13 @ $200 price point.
                  In The Bag:
                  Taylor Made CB's Forged, 3 - 51W
                  Taylor Made R9 Driver @10.5
                  Taylor Made R11S Fairway @ 12.5 /14 combo
                  Taylor Made R11S Fairway @ 15.5
                  Taylor Made R9 Fairway @ 19
                  Cleveland CG14 Zip Groove @ 46

Wilson Sandy Andy R61 @ 57
                  Wilson Staff FW6 Lob @ 61
                  Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2B, red dot, Winn oversize grip on 35.5" shaft
                  Other Old School: #1 iron @ 17 degree

Comment

ECCO BIOM is great. I bought two pairs last year when I was at New york outlet mall, $99 per pair (It was labaled as A grade, but I didnt find any problems).

Comment

Originally posted by Divot Tool View Post
                      Now we talkin' Go with the Ashworth Cardiff which you may be able to find at Golftown for $75. Comfy out of the box and even better after the break in. Spikeless but great traction. Very much influenced by the Ecco Golf Street, but unlike the Ecco's they come with a 2 year waterproof warranty. I've got about 4 pairs. . .my footjoy dryjoys havent been touched for over a year.
                      Ashworth Cardiff's were the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn. Unfortunately I walked in them so much that I wore them out and the leather or suede material faded and got damaged a bit in rain, etc. I wouldn't say they are waterproof. I replaced them with the Trulinks because I couldn't find another pair of Ashworth's in my size when it was time to replace them, but the Trulinks are also extremely comfortable and stable. I would say the build quality may be questionable though...
                      Ping I20 Driver
                      Ping I25 - PW to 3 iron
                      Titleist Vokey 52, 56, 60
                      Titleist 909 H Hybrid 19
                      Odyssey Limited Edition Metal X Milled Canada Putter
                      Bushnell Medalist Range Finder

Comment

always liked the feel and comfort of the ecco streets but hated the looks. i'm hoping the ecco tour hybrid's will bridge that gap.
                        "I'm a hockey player but I'm here to play golf today" Happy Gilmore

Comment

Originally posted by torontodude View Post
                          Ashworth Cardiff's were the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn. Unfortunately I walked in them so much that I wore them out and the leather or suede material faded and got damaged a bit in rain, etc. I wouldn't say they are waterproof. I replaced them with the Trulinks because I couldn't find another pair of Ashworth's in my size when it was time to replace them, but the Trulinks are also extremely comfortable and stable. I would say the build quality may be questionable though...
                          Did you file a claim for the Cardiffs? If memory serves me right, they are covered under a 2 year waterproof warranty which TMAG-Ashworth should honour. Fortunately, I have not had any issues with them. Given that I practice and play in them regularly, they've held up surprisingly well. The wear on the suede toes and molded studs are inevitable.
                          The sole purpose of the golf swing is to create a correct impact. How that is done is of no consequence, so long as the method employed allows you to repeat it - John Jacobs

Comment

Originally posted by Divot Tool View Post
                            Did you file a claim for the Cardiffs? If memory serves me right, they are covered under a 2 year waterproof warranty which TMAG-Ashworth should honour. Fortunately, I have not had any issues with them. Given that I practice and play in them regularly, they've held up surprisingly well. The wear on the suede toes and molded studs are inevitable.
                            No I didn't contact Ashworth. I took the shoes to golf town and complained about the wear and tear and they told me to grab another pair, but they didn't have my size so I grabbed the Trulinks. Funny thing is, I got the Ashworths for free when I complained about my Foot Joy's - the BOA mechanism broke and they were already past warranty, but Golf Town just gave me the Ashworths. Now I haven't paid for shoes in 3 years! Golf town customer service is second to none.
                            Ping I20 Driver
                            Ping I25 - PW to 3 iron
                            Titleist Vokey 52, 56, 60
                            Titleist 909 H Hybrid 19
                            Odyssey Limited Edition Metal X Milled Canada Putter
                            Bushnell Medalist Range Finder

Comment

I recently purchased a pair of Oakley Flagstick Golf Shoes!

Out of the 5 pairs of golf shoes that I wear these are on another level of comfortable. They are the only shoe I have ever worn that I have given me zero discomfort after 18 holes.

Here is an article on my Golf Blog - The High Fade - on some of the newest trends in golf footwear.
                              The High Fade Golf Blog
                              http://thehighfade.tumblr.com
                              https://www.facebook.com/TheHighFade?ref=hl
                              https://twitter.com/thehighfade

Comment

Just bought my second pair of Nike Lunar Ascends.

Didn't see any love for these in here but I would urge you guys to try them on the next time you're out shopping for golf stuff.

These shoes are the most comfortable things I've ever put on my feet, period.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X