/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Winter indoor instruction - Gary Kent, Mike Lefevre, Fred Davey?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter indoor instruction - Gary Kent, Mike Lefevre, Fred Davey?

Looking for semi-private indoor instruction over the winter somewhere in York Region. These are a few instructors I've found through google, teaching out of the Markham Golf Dome and the Aurora Golf Dome.

Wondering if anyone has experience with any of them. Fred Davey teaches under the Henry Bruton golf school.

Re: Winter indoor instruction - Gary Kent, Mike Lefevre, Fred Davey?

never heard of those you mention.

LC comes highly recommended by a number of members on this board.
    larrycheunggolf.com
    things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by TJames View Post
      Looking for semi-private indoor instruction over the winter somewhere in York Region. These are a few instructors I've found through google, teaching out of the Markham Golf Dome and the Aurora Golf Dome.

Wondering if anyone has experience with any of them. Fred Davey teaches under the Henry Bruton golf school.
      I know Fred - he's a great guy. He was director of instruction at Summit for a dozen years or so, and has been at Henry Brunton Golf since 2013 I believe. His most noted pupil is Dave Bunker (3 time Canadian mid-am champion). Definitely worth a session, to see if you click with him.

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
        never heard of those you mention.

LC comes highly recommended by a number of members on this board.
        larrycheunggolf.com
        Im sure hes a good coach, Im looking for someone maybe a bit older with more experience. From his bio Larry appears to be around 23 years old. Hopefully no offence will be taken, none is intended.

Comment

Mike Lefevre at the Markam Dome has a very good reputation see his info here: http://www.markhamgolfdome.com/pros.php#mike

Alternatively there is this: At Tee Times Indoor Golf centre, Scott Bogle, who is an excellent instructor and who was previously with Golf Town in Aurora and also at Lion Head is currently listed as a teaching pro there now.
          www.teetimesindoorgolf.ca › About Us › Golf Instructors Scott now at Royal Ontario for this Summer.
          Last edited by 4underthru9; Apr 1, 2017, 03:29 PM.
          Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

lol Larry IS like...23. But he's a great swing coach, I enjoyed my lessons with him last year and made noticeable improvement in my game.

I can't comment on your other choices except that I did not like Gary Kent. Way too casual of a style for my liking. I felt like I didn't get anything out of his lessons.

One more to consider in York Region would be Paul Davies at RHGC. An added bonus is that he has a beautiful lefty swing so it was cool to try to mirror his swing during lessons.

Comment

Ended up booking 6 lessons with Matt Kane from the boards, I liked his approach to the lessons more than others, seemed more structured.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X