Toronto Golf Nuts - Greater Toronto Area Golf Forum  

Go Back   Toronto Golf Nuts - Greater Toronto Area Golf Forum > Golf Discussion Forum > Tour Talk
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:40 AM   #2376
Mr22putt
Scratch Golfer

Default Re: Brooke Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by txman View Post
An observation-not much activity here this year as compared to last year. Are our expectations not being met or is Brooke old news? She will put 4 good rounds together shortly in the near future I am sure!
That's because Hadwin is stealing the Canadian Princess's thunder.

Once Brooke wins again...she'll get all the chatter back.

Have you guys notice that Brooke has been changing putters frequently this year...I'm counting 3 changes.
Mr22putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2017, 11:14 AM   #2377
AdiosAmigo
Tour Pro

shes the best! she's the best for reviving interest in Canadian golf. No one gets dollars into registers quicker than tween girls and moms.

go Brooke go!!!
AdiosAmigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:41 PM   #2378
Johnrw
Club Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr22putt View Post
That's because Hadwin is stealing the Canadian Princess's thunder.

Once Brooke wins again...she'll get all the chatter back.

Have you guys notice that Brooke has been changing putters frequently this year...I'm counting 3 changes.
Im a fan of Brooke as it's been such long time since we have had a woman have an opportunity to be a contender in almost every time she tee's it up.
Saying that she had a few flaws in her game, and one of them is making too many bogies in a week. Remember last year she set a record for birdies made, although she did play the largest number of events on tour. I think if you watch all the top Koreans play, and how they putt that puts a lot of pressure on your flat stick. For someone this young I don't believe having to change putters this much is a good thing, but it is what it is and I'll be checking scores and hoping to see her in all the televised events.

GO Brooke!!!

Last edited by Johnrw; Mar 21, 2017 at 12:26 PM.
Johnrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2017, 02:08 PM   #2379
Weirfan
Tour Pro

I think it's great to see Adam doing so well and he deserves all the attention he is getting. The man shot a 59, won a tournament , is in the top 10 of Fedex and is playing in the Masters !

Unless he does something crazy like win a major , I think Brooke remains the star and current face of golf in Canada. I also think that comparatively speaking over the short and long term she is going to do better on the Women's tour that Adam will on the men's. ( I'd like to see them both be at the top)

I think Brooke is having a bit of an off start, having some trouble with the putter but will sort it out. She's too good and IMO will be in the winner's circle again and probably win another major or 2.

It's hard to be on top of your game each and every week and it's a tough grind out there especially when she might not have her best. Plus she spoiled us with such a great season last year that out
R expectations are sky high for her.

is it just me or does it look like she's gained some weight since last season?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 06:01 AM   #2380
txman
Low Handicapper

Quote:

I believe she used a vault anser, her old pink mallet and a Sigma G for her last tournament. Seems like she can't find a fit. Hopefully having her Dad with her for instruction will get things back on track.

Brooke has new wedges and irons as well. Perhaps that could impacting her game if the ball is reacting differently off the face.
txman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2017, 04:55 PM   #2381
Mr22putt
Scratch Golfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by txman View Post
Brooke has new wedges and irons as well. Perhaps that could impacting her game if the ball is reacting differently off the face.
Did Brooke change to the iBlades?...the Ping website still indicates i200's
Old Mar 21, 2017, 07:02 PM   #2382
txman
Low Handicapper

Quote:
Did Brooke change to the iBlades?...the Ping website still indicates i200's
The I200 irons came out in Dec/16. Brooke switched to them as soon as they were released. They are new to what she used last year. Her wedges are the new super groove ones that Ping introduced recently.
Check her twitter acct for pics of her new tools.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:32 PM   #2383
sjmcampbell
Tour Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdavis33 View Post
Her first round left her well back and she never caught up. That has happened a lot this year and even the last part of the past season.
It looks like the oddsmakers are starting to notice this.

https://www.oddschecker.com/golf/lpg...classic/winner

They are giving her odds between 25-1 and 28-1 to win but no lower than 35-1 (one place is offering 40-1) for her to be First Round Leader.

There is an expectation that she could be in the general mix though -- 5-1/15-2 for a Top 5 and 12-5/10-3 for Top 10.
sjmcampbell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2017, 07:40 AM   #2384
Johnrw
Club Pro

Ok I admit Im in full panic mode, +4 thru 5
Old Mar 24, 2017, 04:41 PM   #2385
Mr22putt
Scratch Golfer

I think Brooke is on her 4th putter this year...the Sigma G mallet.

Wie also dumped the Toulon and Ko is back to her 2 ball putter.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 05:05 PM   #2386
Johnrw
Club Pro

Quote:
I think Brooke is on her 4th putter this year...the Sigma G mallet.

Wie also dumped the Toulon and Ko is back to her 2 ball putter.
36 putts today. I can see that being a signed putter for a charity event.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 07:40 PM   #2387
4underthru9
Tour Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnrw View Post
36 putts today. I can see that being a signed putter for a charity event.
Or in the nearest lake to the hotel or airport.

Well Canada still in the fight with Jenifer Ha, T18, who knew, looks like Jenny may have had her best round ever a 67.
4underthru9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2017, 04:43 AM   #2388
floorbird
High Handicapper

Poor Brooke she seems to fallen off the radar, no mention or coverage of her anymore.
Shooting 75 & 74 at the Kia Classic and missing the cut(t99th) won't help her cause.
Cripes I've forgotten what she looks like.
floorbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:02 AM   #2389
txman
Low Handicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by floorbird View Post
Poor Brooke she seems to fallen off the radar, no mention or coverage of her anymore.
Shooting 75 & 74 at the Kia Classic and missing the cut(t99th) won't help her cause.
Cripes I've forgotten what she looks like.
Brooke won't be on TV unless she is in the top 10. Really struggling with her putter. Probably are a number of reasons such as too many sponsor demands, lack of focus, change in equipment, or a feeling of invincibility getting in her head. Missing this cut perhaps will be a wake up call.
The competition is really tough out on the LPGA this year and the work ethic of the Koreans is showing as half the top Rolex is Korean and most tournaments have their names at the top.
Brooke is in a slump but lets not give up. She will be back.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 01:07 AM   #2390
sjmcampbell
Tour Pro

The good news is that her excellent play the first half of last year means that no matter how poorly she plays now, her Rolex Ranking probably won't drop too much in the next few months. She should stay in the top 20 at least for the near future. Between that and her major win, she should be able to get into most of the majors, as well as the Lorena Ochoa match play.

Also, her major win means that her spot on tour is safe for several years regardless of where she finishes on the money list.

The fall Asian Swing could be in jeopardy, though, without at least some good results.

Quote:
Well Canada still in the fight with Jenifer Ha, T18, who knew, looks like Jenny may have had her best round ever a 67.
Jennifer jumped 344 spots to 588th on the Rolex Rankings this week.

EDIT: Given that Brooke has been charging ahead full steam to get to the LPGA since she was 14 (at least), I'm willing to give her a bit of a pass for any post-major-win slack-off, now that she has secured her position. She should have the opportunity to enjoy the ride for a bit.

Last edited by sjmcampbell; Mar 27, 2017 at 01:58 AM.
sjmcampbell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2017, 07:38 AM   #2391
Johnrw
Club Pro

[/QUOTE] Given that Brooke has been charging ahead full steam to get to the LPGA since she was 14 (at least), I'm willing to give her a bit of a pass for any post-major-win slack-off, now that she has secured her position. She should have the opportunity to enjoy the ride for a bit.[/QUOTE]

I would like to agree with you. With all her success last year, it seems to me, from a distance, that she may have bitten off a little more than she can chew, regarding clubs, sponsors, and Im only guessing appearances. Saying that, it has been a few months now of so so play. I do think she is much too good a players not too, but when I watch the Koreans it just seems your going to be fighting one or another each week, they are that good.