2017 GTAAM Tour

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 GTAAM Tour

Who's playing??

This will be my first year. Looks and sounds like a lot of fun. Hopefully will get to play with some of TGNs finest out there.
    M1 8.5* Aldila Rouge
    Titleist 915 15* Speeder 757
    M1 18* Speeder 757
    Titleist AP2
    Vokey TVD 50, 54, 58
    Newport 2
    PROV1X

Re: 2017 GTAAM Tour

I just registered this past weekend. Already some waiting lists. Mark has lined up some fantastic courses once again. Hoping I'll be able to play - season opens in 6 weeks!

Comment

I'll be playing in B flight, 3rd year on tour. Looking forward to playing some new courses this year.

Comment

Haven't decided if I am going to join. There are about 4 events I'd like to play, though. I'd be in B flight, although I see they have a new Seniors' flight, which I may qualify for later this summer.

Comment

How many events do you guys typically play?

There are a ton of courses I want to get out and see, but not sure if the schedule will allow it.
          M1 8.5* Aldila Rouge
          M1 18* Speeder 757
          Titleist AP2
          Vokey TVD 50, 54, 58
          Newport 2
          PROV1X

Comment

Originally posted by Betterthanpar View Post
            How many events do you guys typically play?

There are a ton of courses I want to get out and see, but not sure if the schedule will allow it.
            I usually play 6-10 events. Some guys play every week. Some pick and choose. I generally play more early in the season as summer gets busy for me, plus I tend to pick my events based on the courses I like - and those happen early more often than not.

Comment

Already signed up for my 2nd season. Joined in July last year, played 6 events, had a blast but definitely some learning experiences as tournament golf can be a cruel mistress.

Have 5 events lined up so far this season, two of which in May. Can't wait to play the Paintbrush! I am in A flight btw.
              "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott

Comment

Starting season 9! I'm in B flight and I've signed up for 7 or 8 events this year. Mark Young and his organization are top notch. I always look forward to the Muskoka Major (Grandview this year) and Bigwin Island. My first event this year is Lookout Point.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetchilli View Post
                  Already signed up for my 2nd season. Joined in July last year, played 6 events, had a blast but definitely some learning experiences as tournament golf can be a cruel mistress.

Have 5 events lined up so far this season, two of which in May. Can't wait to play the Paintbrush! I am in A flight btw.
                  I've seriously thought about this, but may hold off one more year...

Sweet, interested in your comment, care to share a few anecdotes??

- Ian
                  TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
                  TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
                  TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
                  TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
                  TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
                  ​* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
                  TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
                  TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
                  TM TP5 Golf Ball
                  Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                  SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
                  Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)
                  ​

Comment

I'm registered for 10 events so far. Obviously that may change as the summer moves on.

I read somewhere that often there are deals to play the courses ahead of time, any truth to that?

Most of the courses on the list I've never played, so I would like the chance to see them before the morning of a tournament.
                    M1 8.5* Aldila Rouge
                    M1 18* Speeder 757
                    Titleist AP2
                    Vokey TVD 50, 54, 58
                    Newport 2
                    PROV1X

Comment

Originally posted by tarrantian View Post
                      I've seriously thought about this, but may hold off one more year...

Sweet, interested in your comment, care to share a few anecdotes??

- Ian
                      I think it's more about every shot counting. That putt for 10 is as important as the one for 2. No ESC score for the computer. It's really not intimidating. The players on tour are all great. I've never had an issue.

Originally posted by Betterthanpar View Post
                      I'm registered for 10 events so far. Obviously that may change as the summer moves on.

I read somewhere that often there are deals to play the courses ahead of time, any truth to that?

Most of the courses on the list I've never played, so I would like the chance to see them before the morning of a tournament.
                      Yes. In the players manual, you will find deals to play ahead of time. Not every course offers it, but a lot do.

You can find the manual on your dashboard when you login. The 2016 manual is there now, but it gives you an idea.

Comment

I'm thinking of joining this year but just out of curious it's for the tourneys that are at Clublink courses. If your a Clublink member do you get a discount as you've already paid for the green fee and cart?

Comment

Originally posted by PHump View Post
                          I'm thinking of joining this year but just out of curious it's for the tourneys that are at Clublink courses. If your a Clublink member do you get a discount as you've already paid for the green fee and cart?
                          Hi PHump,

We hope to see you on tour this year!

From the FAQ section on our website:
                          17. I am a ClubLink member. Do I get a discount on tournament fees?

Tour players, who are also ClubLink members, will receive, courtesy of ClubLink, event discounts at the Grandview (Mazda Muskoka Major), National Pines (TaylorMade Major) and Wyndance (Sundog Open) events. ClubLink will not be charging The Tour for you to play at those events. The Tour will charge you the full amount (as the billing is automated) but will then refund you the difference between the event fee and $80 (Plus HST).

I hope this helps!
                          Last edited by GTA AM Tour; Mar 13, 2017, 10:55 PM.

www.gtaamtour.com

Comment

Looking forward to the back to back Lookout Point /Cherry Hills May 1/2. Hope it warms up by then - two nice tracks to start the year off.

Comment

Originally posted by bcampb00 View Post
                              Looking forward to the back to back Lookout Point /Cherry Hills May 1/2. Hope it warms up by then - two nice tracks to start the year off.
                              Cherry Hill is a new course for us on tour this year, and it's great to have these 2 Walter J. Travis designs to kick things off (after the Air Canada Season Opener at Coppinwood!). We look forward to hosting you!

www.gtaamtour.com

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X