Collapse

Horseshoe Resort Golfing

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horseshoe Resort Golfing

Has anyone ever been to Horseshoe Resort golf courses? Either the championship or the valley courses. What are your thoughts on these courses. Any feedback would be great. Thanks

Re: Horseshoe Resort Golfing

I've played the champ course several times over the years;never the valley course.
    Champ course is terrific;highly recommended, very scenic, especially in the fall. Though not long, its tight and challenging. I rate it one the best courses in the Orillia area. You won't be disappointed...go for it.

Comment

I thought the "Valley Course" was the "Championship Course", and that the 'Newer Course' is called the "Highlands?!"
      ...but, I could be wrong...
      Nonetheless, while I've played the 'Valley' several times over the last 10 years, I actually prefer the Highlands...though only played it 3 times in last 3 years (change is good, I guess?)

I would however recommend BOTH tracks...except for the LAME 1st hole on the 'Valley'...you'll know it well (in reverse) if you've ski'ed (is that how u spell it?) at Horseshoe!!!
      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

I am familiar with the Valley Course and only played the Highlands prior to it being converted into a 18-hole course. The valley course in my opinion has a stupid layout - the front is far too tight with some impossible driving holes and the back in comparison is a walk in the park. Its a rip-off unless you have a 2-for-1 or if you take in the time share presentation...haha. I would never pay regular price to play there ever.

Neil
        Putter: Ben Hogan "The Hawk" BHB11 by Bettinardi
        Driver: Callaway FT-I
        Woods: Mizuno Forged T-Zoid 3 wood, Ben Hogan C455 5 wood
        Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5
        Wedges: Callaway X-12 gap wedge, Cleveland Tour Action 588 BeCu sand wedge, Cleveland Tour Action 900 lob wedge

***Most clubs have been SWANKtified***

Comment

Played both back to back on a weekend last year for a stag.

The Valley course is relatively easy but hilly. Can't really remember much about the course execpt the 18th...off the tees to fairway about 80-100 yds below then dogleg left to a green surrounded with bunkers and water front left.

Not the longest course, but good for mid to high hcp...i'm a 12 hdc but wouldn't play it again cause it's so expensive.

Highlands course I found a little tougher. ALOT of uneven lies even the fairways are rolling all over...Not as tight as the valley course (which has alot of trees), but becuase the highlands is basically at the top of the "valley" wind can be a factor if the weather decides to turn on you. You are bascially sheltered in the valley course.

Don't remember anything about that day considering the night we had before (remember it was a stag), but again, you will find better courses for that kind of money and drive to get up there.

Just my 2 cents.
          "They called it golf because all the other four letter words were taken."

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
          X