Collapse

Trafalgar, Wyldewood, Brampton C.C.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trafalgar, Wyldewood, Brampton C.C.

I was a long time member at Islington and left due to cost and lack of use. I only play 10-15 times a year. I played Div 1 golf in the US but to be honest course difficulty is not my concern anymore. More of a social player and want something good for my young family etc.

I was wondering how the courses compare i.e Brampton vs Trafalgar? Also how are the facilities. I noticed Trafalgar has a pool, is it usable? The reason I ask is my wife and two small children could use it while I beat balls on the range. Makes for a good excuse to head out on the weekends

Price is also a factor I'm in my late 30's so I still get in on the intermediate
    incentives to join. Hence Trafalgar and Brampton. The city clubs are just too expensive for 10-20 rounds of golf a year.

Cheers

Re: Trafalgar, Wyldewood, Brampton C.C.

The pool at Trafalgar is not heated. Enjoy.

Comment

My pick would be Brampton quite easily. The facilities are very good, every time I've played it the conditions have been stellar, and I think it provides a bit more variety in terms of challenge than the other two.

Comment

No pool or other facilities at Brampton

How about Clublink - Rattlesnake instead?
        Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Not sure on the clublink costs?As for Brampton stronger course but intitation is 4500 more and year dues are nearly double. Might be worth it, I might go and take a look this weekend.

I worked for rattle snake point years ago, I enjoy the course but find the club lacks a member feel. That was 15 yrs ago so maybe things have changed?

Comment

Brampton is a cut above the other two from a golf course perspective.

As for Rattlesnake, being a Prestige level club the annuals and food/beverage would be much, much higher than the clubs you're looking at now.
            10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
            16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
            20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
            4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
            Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

I think Trafalgar ticks the boxes, Good membership, decent course, solid price.Pool for the kids.Location is a bit far as I live in Etobicoke but work in Mississauga. I figure if after a year I'm not using it or want to change I'm not leaving any money on the table.

Comment

What about Markland Woods?
                Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
                  What about Markland Woods?
                  Nice course and close to me, but 16k Initiation with tax and 6500 a year dues. Puts me close to Islington money....oh and both Islington and Markland don't really have ranges.

The best alternative to Trafalgar is Brampton. The $7500 vs the $3000 Initiation plus the 2500 a year in extra dues has me pushing away. With Brampton I have to anti up right out of the gate. With Trafalgar I can use it for a year and see if its something my family will use.

If I was only playing golf Brampton would be my choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Drexel64 View Post
                    I think Trafalgar ticks the boxes, Good membership, decent course, solid price.Pool for the kids.Location is a bit far as I live in Etobicoke but work in Mississauga. I figure if after a year I'm not using it or want to change I'm not leaving any money on the table.
                    Check with Trafalgar on other offers they may have. You may find a "weekend and evenings" deal that is even better or something else that fits your schedule.

Comment

Nice course and close to me, but 16k Initiation with tax and 6500 a year dues. Puts me close to Islington money....oh and both Islington and Markland don't really have ranges.

The best alternative to Trafalgar is Brampton. The $7500 vs the $3000 Initiation plus the 2500 a year in extra dues has me pushing away. With Brampton I have to anti up right out of the gate. With Trafalgar I can use it for a year and see if its something my family will use.

If I was only playing golf Brampton would be my choice.
                      Living in Etobicoke, even though you work in Mississauga, Trafalgar seems a pretty far way bring your family for the use of a pool (since that's what you mentioned).

Comment

It's not too bad 1/2 hour door to door and only 15-20 mins from my work.

Brampton is 20 mins from my house. It's not so much about using the pool as it is tempting the little ones to go out and hit balls. I can make a day out of it on the weekend. Hit balls for an hour and then they can swim etc....while I hit balls

Good point Gridiron, I will look into it. I really wish all these courses would put each option on their websites!

Comment

It's not too bad 1/2 hour door to door and only 15-20 mins from my work.

Brampton is 20 mins from my house. It's not so much about using the pool as it is tempting the little ones to go out and hit balls. I can make a day out of it on the weekend. Hit balls for an hour and then they can swim etc....while I hit balls

Good point Gridiron, I will look into it. I really wish all these courses would put each option on their websites!
                          Trafalgar also has a good Jr. program that you might want to get the little ones started in.

Comment

Ah! Makes more sense to me then...not that I'm the one you should be concerning yourself about If you are looking to get the kids started in golf and the pool will give them extra incentive to get to the golf course all good.

Comment

Lol. I considered Trafalgar because of the 'pool'. Seemed like a nice family friendly move. NOT. The pool is tiny, not much bigger than what most put in their own backyards. The time I went it was filthy and I doubt that anyone ever uses it. BTW, it's basically in the parking lot so it isn't even a nice place to lounge in the sun.

Brampton is probably the nicest of the 3 listed. But, if you want a family oriented club at a reasonable price I'd recommend either Bayview or Thornhill. Last I heard Bayview was renovating their pool area to make it significantly larger while Thornhill was putting theirs in. Thornhill has a rarely used executive 9 hole course which could be good for the family. Bayview has a much better tennis program with year round clay courts, and lots of family activities and stuff for kids at night. The only reason I'm not a member is that my wife takes the kids to her parents club to use the facilities. So for now my golf course is strictly for golf.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X