Collapse

Course locations - Kingston

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Course locations - Kingston

This fall, I'm going to be at a resort about 25km north of Kingston just off Hwy 11. I'm going to be bringing my clubs just in case I get a day when I shouldn't be venturing out on the water (high winds). Just looking around on the map, the two closest courses that I've noticed are the Garrison Course at CFB Kingston and Westbrook next to the 401. If anyone knows of or can recommend another course close by, I'd really appreciate it.
    U. S. Air Force, Retired

Re: Course locations - Kingston

Originally posted by goshawk View Post
    This fall, I'm going to be at a resort about 25km north of Kingston just off Hwy 11. I'm going to be bringing my clubs just in case I get a day when I shouldn't be venturing out on the water (high winds). Just looking around on the map, the two closest courses that I've noticed are the Garrison Course at CFB Kingston and Westbrook next to the 401. If anyone knows of or can recommend another course close by, I'd really appreciate it.
    Loyalist. Or that place called Smugglers Glen just up the way....
    MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Both good recommendations. However, I wouldn't take a pass on Garrison. I don't know what its condition has been like in the last few years, but when I used to play there in the Father's Day Tournament, my sense of the course was that it had: an interesting layout; a nice mix of holes; good fairways and excellent greens.

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
      Loyalist. Or that place called Smugglers Glen just up the way....
      This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Although I did enjoy the few times I played Garrison, Smuggler's is certainly worth the short drive up towards Gananoque.

Suggest you avoid Westbrook. Perhaps they will improve this season, but...:

Chat about your favourite, best and worse Toronto golf courses. Share experiences or ask questions about Golf Courses and Country Clubs in the GTA, Ontario, Canada, or top golf travel destinations.

Comment

On your way stop in Belleville. Tw or bbr.
          Smuggler's is nice.

Comment

Please avoid Westbrook.....it is just awful. I lived in Kingston for five years and the best in the area is Loyalist. A hidden gem that might be worth checking out is Rivendell. Kingston is home to many decent/good courses, but nothing great (outside of Smugglers and Loyalist). A few others worth considering would be Colonnade, Glen Lawrence, and Amherstview. None of these are crazy nice, but offer decent value for the money.

If you have a private course connection, they could likely help you get on Cataraqui.....which would be worth the effort and the extra cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonga View Post
              On your way stop in Belleville. Tw or bbr.
              Smuggler's is nice.
              I would definitely stop there except for one thing....I doubt that the wife would appreciate sitting in the truck (boat attached) in a golf course parking lot for 5 hours!!

It's been quite a few years since I played Smuggler's but I remember it to be quite a challenge and a beautiful course. I was just trying to stay a bit closer to Kingston.
              U. S. Air Force, Retired

Comment

Originally posted by goshawk View Post
                I would definitely stop there except for one thing....I doubt that the wife would appreciate sitting in the truck (boat attached) in a golf course parking lot for 5 hours!!

It's been quite a few years since I played Smuggler's but I remember it to be quite a challenge and a beautiful course. I was just trying to stay a bit closer to Kingston.
                Driving from where you're staying Lionel, Smuggler's isn't too far really - it's about 30 min. east of Kingston. Loyalist, being on the west side of Kingston, is likely the same distance. All the suggestions have been good ones. Avoid Westview and go with what's been suggested. I've yet to try Garrison but plan to get there this year.

WIT SM C130 Cart Bag:
                TM SLDR 10.5*
                TM SLDR 3W & TM V-Steel 5W
                TM Rescue 22*
                4-PW Mix of Mizuno MX-25's and TM RBZ's
                Wedges: Titleist SM 53* & 56*
                Ping Ketch
                Ball: What's on sale?

Comment

If you can get on Cataraqui it is a great challenging course, albeit private. Ask your head pro if he can get you on. As a single, it may be doable. I play there at least once per year and each time it is more enjoyable.
                  - Vessel Cart Bag
                  - Callaway Rogue ST Max LS driver
                  - Callaway UW 17° & 21°
                  - Callaway Apex TCB irons (5-AW)
                  - Callaway Full Toe 54 & 58 wedges
                  - Toulon Chicago putter

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy3864 View Post
                    If you can get on Cataraqui it is a great challenging course, albeit private. Ask your head pro if he can get you on. As a single, it may be doable. I play there at least once per year and each time it is more enjoyable.
                    Cat for sure.
                    2nd choice Smugglers.
                    Will be beautiful in the fall.

Comment

Used to work/live there. Best course is Cataraqui, one of the best courses in Ontario, designed by the famous Stanley Thompson and they have not bothered much with his design, try to get on it, and as a single it can be done. Next best is Smugglers Glen.

Comment

Update: I had the high winds here in Kingston this morning so I packed up the clubs and headed for Garrison. Unfortunately, when I got there a tournament was getting warmed up to head out in an hour. So I backtracked and headed to Colonnade. I was paired with a couple of seniors who turned out to be a lot of fun to play with. Had a great time. Fairways were pretty hard (difficult to take divots), but the greens were receptive and quick. No bumps on any putt that I saw. Pace was good (3.75 hours). Quite happy with the decision to go there. $47.50 including cart.
                        U. S. Air Force, Retired

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                        X