/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Help in finding a beginners exec course.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help in finding a beginners exec course.

Hey guys and ladies. I was hoping for some advice. Can any of you recommend a good beginning course. I have a couple of friends who have never been on a course and have only gone on the driving range. I'm not only looking for short, but also attitude on the course. As I'm sure my friends may hold up play here and there and course etiquette is something I'll have to teach on the fly... thanks for you time and appreciate any help you can give.

Re: Help in finding a beginners exec course.

Cresthaven
    Unionville
    Hy Hope
    Mississauga Golf Center
    Dentonia

Comment

Where are you located?

Comment

How about Uplands?

Comment

Bushwood (Markham)
          Rolling Hills Classic (Stouffville)
          Kettle Creek (Cardinal GC, Newmarket)
          Carruther's Creek (Pickering)
          Mill Run (Uxbridge)

Of those, I was actually fairly happy with Rolling Hills, cuz they have mainly par 3's, but they also have a few short par 4's...so it's a nice test for the beginner
          Feherty: " 270 to carry the water, you might want to lay up SnowFlake "

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I'm located on the east end so I might try Carruther's creek. I haven't played there before. I just also heard of Foxrun so I'll look into those, email my friends and hopefully their good with it. thanks again for the help.

Comment

foxrun is a good starter course...Took my wife daughter and son there for their first time..wedges mainly... After that we went to harmony creek in oshawa...it's a little longer and still wide open....7 /8 irons mainly....has a clubhouse and driving range as well....never seams really busy but was a little pricey for an exe. course

Comment

also try whispering ridge its a par 65
                I'm not a pro, but i did stay in a holiday inn express last night

Comment

Bathurst Glen is another, just re-opened (Bathurst north of Elgin Mills)

Fairways are pretty close together, but it's short, with a driving range as well.
                  The greens are in bad shape right now, maybe better in a month.

Comment

you guys are great. I actually never considered Harmony Creek. good suggestion. I've never played that yet, though. After seeing my friends hit though, I think I'll stick them to the range for a couple more weeks. refer them to the golf instruction threads as well. I guess this would be a good thread to keep open for other suggestions in different GTA areas.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                    X