No announcement yet.
Collapse

Does anyone still do the 'Longest Day'?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does anyone still do the 'Longest Day'?

Teed off @ 6:15 this morning on Osprey Valley Heathlands after letting a two-some on a cart go off first.
    Was really surprised at the number of players NOT there on this particular day, especially given the weather. When we finished, there were no more vehicles in the parking lot than there would be on any other Saturday morning.

Comment

Not that many but played 30 holes after 4pm today. It was very busy for the first 2 hours so we could have certainly had more. Fun though.
      WITB
      9.5 Nike Covert
      15 TM Rocketballz
      3-P Nike Pro Vr Combo
      52,56,60 Nike X3X Wedges
      TM White Smoke

Comment

I hosted such an event at Orchard Beach Golf Club in Keswick this year. I did it as a foursome, on the Friday (2nd longest day of golf) and raised money for our local food pantry. Ended up raising over $2100.

That said, we only finished 78 holes, and we finished about 30 minutes before sunset... but it was well worth it.

Looking forward to making it an annual event.

Comment

Didn't play in a 'longest day' event per se but did walk off 18th green at 11:00 pm and could have played a couple more holes....! This was at Askernish in The Outer Hebrides, which sits at the same parallel as the southern tip of Greenland. We were participating in the first Life Members Challenge and for those two 'Nuts' that I know have played the course, I'm pleased to report that it is in fantastic condition. One of the reasons for this is the work that Tom Doak & Eric Iverson did there a couple of years ago and it was nice that Tom & Eric were both there last week for the event. It was no surprise that Eric won but it was a severe shock to many that I was the runner up.....!

Incidentally, Tom & Eric have been hired along with Ian Andrew to rebuild all the greens at St. George's and were heading right back here to get on with the project.
          If St. Andrews is the home of golf, Askernish is it's soul......!

Comment

Originally posted by RCCHGA View Post
            Didn't play in a 'longest day' event per se but did walk off 18th green at 11:00 pm and could have played a couple more holes....! This was at Askernish in The Outer Hebrides, which sits at the same parallel as the southern tip of Greenland. We were participating in the first Life Members Challenge and for those two 'Nuts' that I know have played the course, I'm pleased to report that it is in fantastic condition. One of the reasons for this is the work that Tom Doak & Eric Iverson did there a couple of years ago and it was nice that Tom & Eric were both there last week for the event. It was no surprise that Eric won but it was a severe shock to many that I was the runner up.....!

Incidentally, Tom & Eric have been hired along with Ian Andrew to rebuild all the greens at St. George's and were heading right back here to get on with the project.
            this one is just for you - I will make soon!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
            X