Collapse

Golf Etiquette has changed

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Golf Etiquette has changed

The sunflower thing drives me absolutely nuts. Why do people have to spit them out on the greens and tees? Why not just buy the unshelled ones lol.

Ball marks too. Are you that lazy? If you don't have a ball mark too, you can use a tee it does work if you do it right. I find I'm always fixing 5-10 on every green especially in late afternoon rounds.

I smoke and yes its a disgusting habbit but I never bring one on the green I leave it near my bag in the rough near the green.

The worst thing to is when people spit on the greens too. Especially the gooey ones.

I played a mens night recently and played with a guy who not only burped sausage breath all round but must have farted three times in the middle of my swing.

When I told him where the port o John was he kind of laughed and said. Its still brewing so you'll have to put up with the farts and laughed again. All I did was say you guys can play ahead I'll wait for the twosome on the green to finish and join them. Which I did
    Driver:
    TM Stealth 2 Plus 9.75 Degrees

Three Metal:
    TM Stealth 2 Plus 13.5 Degrees

3&4 Hybrid:
    TM Stealth 2 Plus 18 & 22 Degrees

Irons:
    TM P7MC 23

Wedges:
    TM High Toe 3

Putters:
    Ping ZB3

Ball:
    Srixon Z Star Diamond and OnCore Vero X1

Comment

The ball mark thing, while it does bother me, I've come to grips with it.
      If one is in my line, at least I have a chance to fix it, and I'll fix a few on every green.
      Actually enjoy doing it, and see how well I can repair them.

But the *biggest* pet peeve for me is the bunkers and the lack of rake etiquette.
      At least I can fix a ball mark... but if I'm in your big old footprint in the sand there is nothing I can do about it and it has a direct adverse affect on my shot.

Comment

Originally posted by hackpro View Post
        This irks me to no end. A non smoker shouldn't have to inhale that crap. I'm sorry, but smokers have zero rights vs. non smokers.
        Hey everyone, please stop driving because exhaust fumes have no rights over a human. Also, lets close down all the factories because they are ruining the air for all of us!

Comment

Originally posted by cuppa View Post
          played Pheasant Run today and noticed sunflower seeds all over the greens and not on the edge the seeds were near the cups. Pretty disgusting IMO, remember that if you want to move these seed husks out of your way, they have saliva all over them.
          I noticed them at Station Creek last weekend. I was thinking that this is not a natural occurrence. Sure, I see those maple seedlings (they can really mess up a ball's path) but sunflower!? I first thought that the seeds were near the cup when the culprit(s) pull something out of their pockets and inadvertently yank out the shells by accident. If I ever see someone dropping them in my group, I would raise that issue but no one I know or play with eats that stuff (too much work). Grab some pre-shelled peanuts instead.

As for the other etiquette issues, it is our duty to help the offenders know what is acceptable - let's give them the benefit of the doubt if they didn't know before but if they blatantly offend on a repeated basis, offer NOT to play with them again.
          What's in my ClicGear-3.5 or Turf Chopper cart?

TM SIM2 Max Driver, 10.5 R shaft
          TM R5 3FW w/Nunchuk shaft
          TM Rescue Mid 3, 4, 5 w/E-21
          Eagle One shafts
          PXG Gen 1 0311 6 - PW w/E-21 Eagle One shafts
          '09 Vokey SM 52, 56, 60
          Scotty Cameron Studio Select 2.0 Putter
          Pro-V1x

Home Course at CL Glendale - Hamilton

Comment

Originally posted by DamnThisWind View Post
            Hey everyone, please stop driving because exhaust fumes have no rights over a human. Also, lets close down all the factories because they are ruining the air for all of us!
            By all means go for it, but don't even lite up near me, I might just shank a ball in your direction... I mean how aswsome is it to make yourself smell worse than the chit already in the air...

Sorry, but smokers have zero rights, period... but if you are a smoker, then I don't expect much from you, you've already made some poor choices to this point...

Comment

Originally posted by Pubknight View Post
              And how would you respond if a playing companion asked you to turn it off?
              Yeah I don't think I'd want to hear music on the golf course, even faintly. I have a pretty good stereo in almost every room of the house. I have one in each car. I gig playing music occasionally. When I'm on the golf course its a different experience for me. Don't need music there to.

Comment

Originally posted by DamnThisWind View Post
                Yes you are correct in pointing out that we have enough pollution that we have no control over to endure. Expecting a little courtesy from smokers is not unreasonable. Unless said smoker is an *** hole.

Comment

This irks me to no end. A non smoker shouldn't have to inhale that crap. I'm sorry, but smokers have zero rights vs. non smokers.
                  I hope your not an overweight, alcoholic, lazy, prejudice, anti-social, liberal *****....someone might call you names, Mr.Hack.

Comment

Originally posted by Gennaro View Post
                    I hope your not an overweight, alcoholic, lazy, prejudice, anti-social, liberal *****....someone might call you names, Mr.Hack.
                    Grew up around smokers, have a lung capacity that makes doc's shake their heads. Can't die quick enough I say...

Comment

Originally posted by stuckintheoffice
                      I'm sorry, can you point me to the section in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms that says this, or is this just some azzholes opinion?
                      Yeah I guess the opinion of non smokers to a smoker would be an azzhole opinion. But then again, I think very very little of smokers...

I sure most smokers would rather tolerate being around me than a smoker...

Comment

Grew up around smokers, have a lung capacity that makes doc's shake their heads. Can't die quick enough I say...
                        Your right. Hope all the mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, wife's, husbands drop dead today if they smoke. They contribute nothing to this country, unlike the original Indians found here....they never smoked anything.

Comment

By all means go for it, but don't even lite up near me, I might just shank a ball in your direction... I mean how aswsome is it to make yourself smell worse than the chit already in the air...

Sorry, but smokers have zero rights, period... but if you are a smoker, then I don't expect much from you, you've already made some poor choices to this point...
                          How 's the view from up on that high horse?

Comment

Your right. Hope all the mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, wife's, husbands drop dead today if they smoke. They contribute nothing to this country, unlike the original Indians found here....they never smoked anything.
                            Not exactly sure where this is going to. I have a completely biased opinion on this with first hand results of being around smokers. So to me they can pretty well go fhawk themselves and anyone who stands up for 'their rights'.

As for all smokers dropping dead, wouldn't the world be a nicer place where you can eat out of patios and not have butts all over the bloody place. I think non smokers could more than make up for the lose...

Originally posted by golfgearguy View Post
                            How 's the view from up on that high horse?
                            Not high enough as the smoke rises...

Comment

Not exactly sure where this is going to. I have a completely biased opinion on this with first hand results of being around smokers. So to me they can pretty well go fhawk themselves and anyone who stands up for 'their rights'.

As for all smokers dropping dead, wouldn't the world be a nicer place where you can eat out of patios and not have butts all over the bloody place. I think non smokers could more than make up for the lose...

Not high enough as the smoke rises...
                              I'm at a loss for words to reply to your comments.....sorry God, I will come up with something soon.

Comment

not my self mind you but I am sure I had ancestors smoking the peace pipe.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X