X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New here - staying in Toronto, May-June

Originally posted by Giller31 View Post
    Haha! That's hilarious. Oh and way to make sure you fixed your ball mark
    Haha, yeah, it was mostly to show myself, and the video, where the ball pitched - I don't normally repair pitch marks outside greens ;-)

Originally posted by sunshiNee View Post
    I call shenanigans. The baby put the ball in the cup as you were fixing the ball mark

but in all seriousness well done!
    Anker (who's 7 months) was fast asleep in the stroller at the time, so there were quite literally no awake witnesses to what happened!

Originally posted by cgarn View Post
    Welcome to Toronto Peter. Once I pass tax deadline day (which is tomorrow) I will have more time to golf.

If you are a righty, I can lend you my son's clubs (nothing special). If you are a lefty I can lend you my spare set (Ping i15s).

I live in the East end of Toronto and if you need a golfing partner (and can play on during the week), I can join you.
    Thank you. That is very kind of you, and "nothing special" is definitely better than what I'm currently looking at :-)

I'm unfortunately completely without any equipment here in Canada (although I've brought golf shoes), so I'm looking for both irons, driver, wood(s)/hybrids, putter and a bag. I'm hoping to have some clubs to use maybe once a week while we're here; either quick rounds of 9 or a bit of play on a range or a short game area.

And I'd definitely be up for a round :-) June 15-27 is the most likely period I'll be able to get in full rounds. And as I said, I have a green fee for Eagles Nest :-)

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
    Very nice gesture by cgarn. BTW Looks like he's a Righty to me in his video.

Anyways Peter if that does not work there maybe another good option for you with SportsYard a sponsor on this forum. They might have the clubs you need and you might even find a set from all the used clubs they have and rent for the season or whatever, just my $0.02 worth.
    I'm indeed a righty (although I play racket sports (tennis, badminton, table tennis) left handed, so I'm more ambidextrous really). Thanks for the tip! I've had a look on their Facebook page, and I can see they're organising a sale in a couple of weeks.

Originally posted by Acman2 View Post
    Hi there, I live up the road on Windermere about a 5 minute walk. I'm always looking for partners. I have a set of clubs (although it's not s full set). I try to get out when I can. If you are interested let me know. I'm not as good as you, I hit around 100. But if you don't mind, we can schedule some time. I usually play at lakeview about 25 mins from here.
    Lakeview looks quite close (we were in Ikea in Etobicoke yesterday), but unfortunately we don't have a car while we're here, so it'd still be an hour's worth on public transport. But I'd be up for playing a round there :-) (I still mostly shoot scores around 100, by the way - my best 18 hole round is 95 IIRC)

Comment

Originally posted by Ploehmann View Post
      Haha, yeah, it was mostly to show myself, and the video, where the ball pitched - I don't normally repair pitch marks outside greens ;-)

Anker (who's 7 months) was fast asleep in the stroller at the time, so there were quite literally no awake witnesses to what happened!

Thank you. That is very kind of you, and "nothing special" is definitely better than what I'm currently looking at :-)

I'm unfortunately completely without any equipment here in Canada (although I've brought golf shoes), so I'm looking for both irons, driver, wood(s)/hybrids, putter and a bag. I'm hoping to have some clubs to use maybe once a week while we're here; either quick rounds of 9 or a bit of play on a range or a short game area.

And I'd definitely be up for a round :-) June 15-27 is the most likely period I'll be able to get in full rounds. And as I said, I have a green fee for Eagles Nest :-)

I'm indeed a righty (although I play racket sports (tennis, badminton, table tennis) left handed, so I'm more ambidextrous really). Thanks for the tip! I've had a look on their Facebook page, and I can see they're organising a sale in a couple of weeks.

Lakeview looks quite close (we were in Ikea in Etobicoke yesterday), but unfortunately we don't have a car while we're here, so it'd still be an hour's worth on public transport. But I'd be up for playing a round there :-) (I still mostly shoot scores around 100, by the way - my best 18 hole round is 95 IIRC)
      Hi Peter - I literally live 5 mins from you. I can pick you up if you want. I also go to the driving range a bit - I have spare clubs too. Once you are settled and have a cell phone etc, why don't you reach out to me and we can arrange something? I'm probably even going to the driving range tonight if you want to come! HAHA. I'm not sure if you can direct message me on this forum, but in either case let me know when you are ready and we can meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by Acman2 View Post
        Hi Peter - I literally live 5 mins from you. I can pick you up if you want. I also go to the driving range a bit - I have spare clubs too. Once you are settled and have a cell phone etc, why don't you reach out to me and we can arrange something? I'm probably even going to the driving range tonight if you want to come! HAHA. I'm not sure if you can direct message me on this forum, but in either case let me know when you are ready and we can meet up.
        I'll drop you a private message on the forum with my phone number :-)

Comment

Welcome to the nuts!! As you can see from the very warm welcome and the help offered, you just joined the best golf forum ever.
          Cobra Bio-Cell+ set at 9° with VLCT Stiff
          Wishon 15° 1-Hybrid
          Cobra Baffler Rail 17° and 22° Hybrids
          5-GW Golfsmith Pro Forged Blades

Maltby oil-soaked 54° and 58° Wedges
          Cleveland Blade Putter
          Any balls I can scavenge.....

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard