Devil's Pulpit tips

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Devil's Pulpit tips

Originally posted by cohar View Post
    I am playing in a GAO tournament at Devil's Pulpit this upcoming Tuesday. Does anyone know how to strategically get around the course? Layups, bailouts, spots to avoid, greens to hit @ middle...

Thanks in advance.
    How was your day?

Comment

Originally posted by cohar View Post
      On the sixth (6th) hole, is it difficult to cut the corner with a 3W? Are the trees really tall?

Impressed you slugged it out and posted a score
      Good on you man
      Would of been easy to pull the shoot
      Gras

Comment

The day was perfect for scoring. I thought qualifying scores would be lower, but 9 guys who failed to break 80 got in. It was not surprising that 6 Pulpit members qualified. I think the home course advantage is considerable. Every green in regulation I managed to hit, the ball ran away from the flagstick. I managed to eke out an 80 despite two doubles.

It was my first time playing the course and I was in awe. Hands down, the finest layout and conditions I have ever experienced in my 40 years of playing.

An interesting note - the group ahead of me all shot 78 but were assessed a time penalty of 1 stroke each because it took them 25 minutes to play #18. Seemed rather unfair to the two guys who were not in trouble, but just stood on the green and waited for the third guy who was doing who-knows-what in the trees left of the green.
        Keeping Score: Golf Courses 1710, Me 1

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
        X