Collapse

Seniors Tour scoring

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seniors Tour scoring

I think its a joke how they lay out hole cuts to be perfectly flat within 10ft of the cup and then the the commentators are amazed at the low scoring. I also heard them talking how long the senior players are so long off the tee now.....they say its all equipment.....i think they are forgetting how the fairways are cut as close as the greens that we ams play on so there getting tons of roll. Just seems dumb to set up courses like that making the pga players look silly meanwhile they cant make cuts (most of them) when they play pga events.... my two cents

Re: Seniors Tour scoring

People want to see those guys make birdies, not struggle to make pars. I remember reading about the old guys complaining when Hale ruled the roost, pushing the tour to set up the courses tough.
    TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
    TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
    TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
    Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
    Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
    100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by nado View Post
      I think its a joke how they lay out hole cuts to be perfectly flat within 10ft of the cup and then the the commentators are amazed at the low scoring. I also heard them talking how long the senior players are so long off the tee now.....they say its all equipment.....i think they are forgetting how the fairways are cut as close as the greens that we ams play on so there getting tons of roll. Just seems dumb to set up courses like that making the pga players look silly meanwhile they cant make cuts (most of them) when they play pga events.... my two cents
      You know that in almost every event there's a cut regardless of the course setup, right?

WIT SM C130 Cart Bag:
      TM SLDR 10.5*
      TM SLDR 3W & TM V-Steel 5W
      TM Rescue 22*
      4-PW Mix of Mizuno MX-25's and TM RBZ's
      Wedges: Titleist SM 53* & 56*
      Ping Ketch
      Ball: What's on sale?

Comment

Originally posted by Leftygolfer30 View Post
        You know that in almost every event there's a cut regardless of the course setup, right?
        Im talking about the low scoring........we play courses here with tougher pin placements!

Comment

I don't think there's cut at senior tour tourneys except in their 10 majors.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
            I don't think there's cut at senior tour tourneys except in their 10 majors.
            I didn't realize that.

I still don't understand the point of the OP's rant.

I'm pretty sure every Senior's Tour player could beat him, regardless of the course setup.

WIT SM C130 Cart Bag:
            TM SLDR 10.5*
            TM SLDR 3W & TM V-Steel 5W
            TM Rescue 22*
            4-PW Mix of Mizuno MX-25's and TM RBZ's
            Wedges: Titleist SM 53* & 56*
            Ping Ketch
            Ball: What's on sale?

Comment

I didn't realize that.

I still don't understand the point of the OP's rant.

I'm pretty sure every Senior's Tour player could beat him, regardless of the course setup.
              im sure they would educate me on the course too...but i was takling about how much praise the announcers give them making it seem like they were at par with pga guys

Comment

This is off topic but, have you heard how nick faldo shoots down tiger wood and dustin j......what does he have against them other than they have faster swing speeds than he ever had

Comment

This is off topic but, have you heard how nick faldo shoots down tiger wood and dustin j......what does he have against them other than they have faster swing speeds than he ever had
                  You're right, that is off topic.

Comment

It's off topic and by the way that's SIR Nick now. I think Sir Nick is the European version of Johnny Miller he calls a spade a spade unlike Peter O who is soo nice to our american golfers. It also maybe that Sir Nick is getting a bit of revenge on the CBS and NBC guys for often chewing out the European golfers. As far as the the Seniors go those guys are still pretty damn good. Freddy C only missed the cut by 1 and I don't think he was playing from the forward Tees, bad back an all!.
                    Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

They don't shoot low scores on every course, but you have to remember that at 50, many of these guys are as good as they ever were...usually it's the putting that lets them down....also, many courses that they play earlier in the season (this is their 3rd tournament) are in South Florida, where the land is very flat, and they are playing to an 'older' audience who live/play these courses
                      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

A few years ago my younger daughter gave my wife and I tickets to the Senior PGA Championship which was to be played in Arnie's backyard in PA. I had the opportunity to watch them hitting balls on the course and on the range. Those guys ARE good! The pin placements were tough, and they still found ways to get to them. Given their ages, I would have been praising their accomplishments as much as any announcer. Neither I nor the announcers would have been suggesting that they are as good as PGA Tour players. They generally are not, since they're not as long and their putting is not quite as sharp. But they still play some very good and entertaining golf. And more than the junior tour, they work the ball much better. So I have no beef with the respect that is extended to them within their arena of play.
                        This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

players are so long off the tee now.....they say its all equipment.....i think they are forgetting how the fairways are cut as close as the greens that we ams play on so there getting tons of roll.

equipment advances particularly ball and shaft have made for some increase in distances no doubt.

you are also correct that the fairways at the courses that pros play are cut tight and often firm and fast resulting in significant more roll out than we might be used to playing "normal" courses here in the northeast.

(depending on weather)
                          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

silly question, but why do guys lose their putting touch when they get older? i would have figured it would be the last thing to go since experience counts for more than strength
                            What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
                            TM Rescue 17*
                            TM M2 4-AW
                            TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
                            Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post
                              silly question, but why do guys lose their putting touch when they get older? i would have figured it would be the last thing to go since experience counts for more than strength
                              I understand there is this dreaded thing called "yips". I understand that it is a neural condition that makes it difficult, if not outright impossible to putt well. I believe it comes from years of delicate muscle firings (the initiation of and execution of the putting stroke) under mental pressure.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X